collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467783 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #2505 on: May 07, 2020, 11:14:06 AM »
It's always nice to wake up to your dad and sister yelling obscenities at each other -_- extra nice when they throw the n-word around.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2506 on: May 07, 2020, 01:37:32 PM »
I finally got the fabric to sew a dress for my first doll!
...except I have little to no sewing experience at all!
So yeah...kind of confused and worried, but it will turn out fine. Right?
You'll only get better by doing it! It might be a bit hard on a small scale, though, especially if you use a machine. Take it slow, get a seam ripper or small pair of scissors handy, and don't be afraid to look for patterns or online tutorials. Winging it is hard.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: May 07, 2020, 03:41:07 PM »
Today has been such a frustrating day. I want to scream and cry at the same time.
 :argh: :argh: :argh:

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: May 08, 2020, 05:04:35 AM »
Ugh, rude people on evilbay. I was about to respond to a question someone had sent me when I got another message from them, demanding that I answer their question. It doesn't sit well with me to be contentious anywhere in life, but I did amend my response before sending it, to tell them to be a bit more patient in future, as not everyone is constantly online. If they're that impatient behind a computer, I dread to think how much of a foot-stomper they must be in real life. Yeesh.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: May 08, 2020, 08:04:12 AM »
There’s more on this in my Smart TV thread but  my dad has been rearranging TV sets since we got a new one.  He keeps switching out the other sets and throwing items in to boxes to clear out space but then can’t remember what he put in a box or where.

This morning he couldn’t find one of the remotes for the TVs he’s been switching around. My mom kept asking me if I gave him the remote, where did I put it etc... It’s almost like she doesn’t  believe me when I tell her something. I know she’s probably just trying to process what I told her but it gets to me sometimes.

Ponyfan

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: May 08, 2020, 10:01:28 AM »
My brush broke this morning.  Now I have to go to the store as my hair is far too long to go without one.

Offline Miniature Sheep

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: May 09, 2020, 04:17:23 AM »
Just spent an hour in total reorganising the layout in the bedroom, and putting it back again because I wasn't keen on how it looked, now it's back to its original layout and I'm not entirely sure that I'm happy with that now either. It is a bit of an awkwardly-shaped room and my indecisiveness really doesn't help matters...

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: May 09, 2020, 02:59:21 PM »
I was just watching a movie on TV. When it was time for the credits, the channel sped them up so fast that I almost felt motion sickness watching them.  I thought at first something was wrong with my TV.

Ponyfan

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #2513 on: May 09, 2020, 09:43:43 PM »
About two weeks ago I was at an interview for a new job that I ended up NOT getting. I am sad about that. However, I got to know by a short email, which irritated me. I hate phone calls but at least that gives me opportunity to ask why I was not selected so I know what to work on until next time. With this email I felt like I was left hanging. I'm a dweller and can think about things for decades so when I had a meeting with my therapist the day after she encouraged me to email back and ask so I don't linger on it and goes over the interview in my head for the next coming weeks. So I took a deep breath and did it, which I felt proud of. It's just that I haven't gotten a reply. So now I feel like I'm a wortless piece of s*** that doesn't matter instead. Sometimes I hate my head.

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: May 10, 2020, 02:21:27 AM »
About two weeks ago I was at an interview for a new job that I ended up NOT getting. I am sad about that. However, I got to know by a short email, which irritated me. I hate phone calls but at least that gives me opportunity to ask why I was not selected so I know what to work on until next time. With this email I felt like I was left hanging. I'm a dweller and can think about things for decades so when I had a meeting with my therapist the day after she encouraged me to email back and ask so I don't linger on it and goes over the interview in my head for the next coming weeks. So I took a deep breath and did it, which I felt proud of. It's just that I haven't gotten a reply. So now I feel like I'm a wortless piece of s*** that doesn't matter instead. Sometimes I hate my head.
:hug: :hug: :hug:
Feeling like a rude word is never good xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2515 on: May 10, 2020, 06:39:56 AM »
I'm sorry, Beldarna :( My mind and anxiety are like that too. Maybe you'll still get a reply? Even if you don't, it doesn't mean you don't matter. And if the person really thinks that, would you want to work for them anyway? I hope you feel better :hug:

---

I'm having a really rough morning, keep having waves of dizziness and nausea. I had one cup of coffee and not sure if it made things better or worse. I haven't really been eating because we don't have a lot of foods that aren't carbs and I've already gained like 20lbs, I don't need anymore. My dad just came back from the store, I should see if he got any veggies but i don't know if that would help or hurt my stomach.

Ugh  :yucky:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2516 on: May 11, 2020, 08:16:14 AM »
:hug: I hope you feel better soon, BlackCurtains :/

So my parents have finally got online shopping sorted out.

Or so I thought.

...Until today Dad's ancient PC browser fritzed out Asda's website, meaning I had to log in on my PC to check out their order.

Again.

...Sigh.

And with shielding likely to continue, people, right now, THIS IS MY LIFE ><
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: May 11, 2020, 08:53:24 AM »
I hope you feel better soon BlackCurtains.

So my parents have finally got online shopping sorted out.

Or so I thought.

...Until today Dad's ancient PC browser fritzed out Asda's website, meaning I had to log in on my PC to check out their order.

Again.

...Sigh.

And with shielding likely to continue, people, right now, THIS IS MY LIFE ><

:hug:

My dad decided I should be in charge of setting up  a new TV. He’s having trouble understanding that the older DVD player isn’t compatible with the new TV.  I have explained this several times and yet he keeps saying “But the other tv worked like this.”

Also there is only one table large enough in the house for bigger craft projects. Mom and I usually share the table by agreeing to get our projects out on different days. I haven't been able to get mine out as much as I wanted lately because something came up the day that my mom was planning on using the table and when I tried to talk to her about the other day she said she still wants the table because she didn't get to work on her project on the day she wanted to.

Ponyfan

« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 09:02:42 AM by Ponyfan »

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: May 11, 2020, 09:31:11 AM »
I hate it when everyone assumes that tall people always have it easy and you can only be disadvantaged due to your height when you are short. Right now I am trying to buy myself some nice comfortable office chair that I could rest in when taking a break from working, but even in the ones with really tall backs the headrest is usually no higher than my neck level, because chair manufacturers apparently assume that nobody is taller than around 5'10".
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Miniature Sheep

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: May 11, 2020, 10:00:58 AM »
I was looking for a Scottish sea shanty to act as a bit of window dressing in a writing project, so some sailors on a ghostly ship can sing it while ominously trekking across the sea, and I did find what appears to be the perfect song, except for that scouring the internet only brought up the melody in midi form. There are no properly recorded performances of it. I'd like to get an authentic feel for how the song in question would sound. Granted, it's not exactly vital in order for me to go ahead with writing the story, but it'd be nice to be able to get properly immersed in the moment, as that tends to give my writing a more natural flow. :/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal