collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467745 times)

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #2145 on: December 10, 2019, 02:28:53 PM »
I just realized that once I pay my federal loan, I'm going to have 1/10th of what I had at the start of the semester. I have three semesters left. Sigh, I miss community college prices.  :cloud:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: December 11, 2019, 01:20:32 PM »
I'm trying to help my sister find herself a good service dog prospect, but it seems like every time we contact a breeder, they either ignore us or they don't have any puppies left and forgot to take down their ad. We almost found a promising litter but we won't be able to see the puppies until Monday and they'll likely all be gone by then.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: December 11, 2019, 02:44:18 PM »
I've been having trouble with migraines the last few days. 

Also went to a store today and they had a poster advertising a sale that wasn't valid anymore  :( I know it's a busy season for retail workers and mistakes happen but it was still disappointing that the advertised sale wasn't being honored.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2148 on: December 12, 2019, 07:28:32 AM »
Election.

Need I say more.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2149 on: December 12, 2019, 12:26:07 PM »
I managed to live through one of my worst nightmares.

My sister bought me a new bed for xmas and they are delivering it today. I pulled all my sheets and stuff off to wash 'em and pulled the bed away from the wall so I could vacuum. There, on the floor in the corner, on the side where I put my head, was a pile of dead ant bodies :crazy:

I'm deathly allergic to RIFA (red imported fire ants - since FL does have a native fire ant but they are not the same) and I have always been terrified of being attacked by them in my sleep. I am so, SO SO glad I sprayed ant killer in that corner and along the wall when we were having heavy rains and ants were coming in through the bathroom and living room. I thought I was being paranoid at the time when I went around and sprayed my entire room.

I'm not 100% sure these ants were RIFA but I don't care. I vacuumed the area and sprayed it again. It's freaky to think they were coming in through that corner for who knows how long... man, I'd rather have ANYTHING else in my house than ants. We had a snake once in the kitchen. I'd take a dozen snakes. Rats, mice, spiders, anything is better than ants :yikes:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: December 13, 2019, 06:07:02 AM »
The whole "#ZombieToABillion" campaign makes me sick. In short: if Zombie (The Cranberries) reaches a billion views on YouTube, they will release a better quality version of the video. Zombie is my life, it has been since 1994, but I can’t believe they are taking part in this stupid “like/views” war that is going on today.

I'd hate to attack the (very humble and non-attention seeking) boys for this and I can hardly imagine them as the masterminds behind it, I'm pretty sure it comes from the management. If I turn out to be wrong, I will be shocked. It's ugly and cheap, and Zombie is the LAST song they should use for jokes like this. I only see positive comments about this campaign; I can't believe nobody sees anything wrong with it.

This is old news by the way, but since the two new Zombie T-shirts I ordered have this slogan on the back, I am angry all over again. I will probably cover the slogan with something.

Oh! And while am at it... The Cranberries have been nominated for the Best Rock Album at the Grammys 2020. Awesome, you say? Yeah, not so much. I can't believe the hypocrisy... The Cranberries had already been out of the picture for a very long time, most of their later releases stayed under the radar. You can't make me believe for ONE SECOND that this album would be nominated for a freaking Grammy if Dolores was still here with us. People say she would be so proud... I say she'd turn in her grave if she knew this (and she probably does).

Sorry, I just HAD to vent... This really upsets me. :lookround:

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2151 on: December 13, 2019, 06:10:45 AM »
The song Zombie has been misused and misappropriated and misinterpreted since it was released...it always gets me slightly when it gets used or trivialised for something that it wasn't first meant to signify. If I remember rightly the record company didn't want them to release it because it commented on things that crossed boundaries - but they released it anyway.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: December 13, 2019, 08:20:38 AM »
I am annoyed that I can only order 3 each of certain Funko Pops (the Game of Thrones dragons in this case) from Amazon without going through a different (read: more expensive) seller.  I customize them so I like to have some on hand in case I come up with a brilliant idea for a set or in case someone at work wants one for a gift.  So I have maxed out the number of them (even in keychain size) that I can order from Amazon and will have to resort to ordering from other places like Walmart, I guess.  Not that that I have anything against that but it would be nice to be able to order things in the quantities I need from one place instead of having to scour the internet every time I need some more. 

Don't they want my money?

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: December 13, 2019, 12:02:07 PM »
The song Zombie has been misused and misappropriated and misinterpreted since it was released...it always gets me slightly when it gets used or trivialised for something that it wasn't first meant to signify. If I remember rightly the record company didn't want them to release it because it commented on things that crossed boundaries - but they released it anyway.

That's right, I have always admired their guts! And I really can't stand it either, Zombie is an anthem and should be treated as such.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 12:28:14 PM by Broken Irishwoman »

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: December 14, 2019, 03:34:28 AM »
Burst a blood vessel in my left thumb  :mad: I wasn't even doing anything; just standing at work, then suddenly I felt SHARP needles in my thumb and yeah, it decided to burst.

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: December 14, 2019, 03:33:34 PM »
Burst a blood vessel in my left thumb  :mad: I wasn't even doing anything; just standing at work, then suddenly I felt SHARP needles in my thumb and yeah, it decided to burst.
Holy crap this happens to me over the littlest bumps on my hands and man does it ever freakin' hurt!!!  Everyone looks at me like I'm crazy (cause they've never heard of it) when I tell them what just happened. I feel for you!

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: December 15, 2019, 08:23:20 AM »
Having to work in the parking lot on the 23rd, gonna be super busy.

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: December 15, 2019, 11:21:26 AM »
The sheer amount of water that is getting into this house is verging on absolute farce. It started in the kitchen, with water seeping in through cracks in the walls (which have clearly been painted over to cover up previous issues), then the kitchen window started leaking, then the back door, now water has gotten into the bedroom ceiling through the roof. I'll be glad when it's March and my lease is up. All I can do in the meantime is keep mithering the landlord about it. I'm trying to be reasonable and make it clear that I want to be as helpful as possible in this situation but if he's not responding to my e-mails, then I'm not really sure what I can do. :/
Edited to add: There is now water seeping through the wall in the spare room as well. Guess I'd better sort myself a swimming costume at this rate.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 01:47:22 PM by Miniature Sheep »

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: December 16, 2019, 04:07:42 PM »
My dog decided that 3 AM was the perfect time to make me get up so that he could go outside and sit in the snow while he watched cars go by.  He didn't have to pee, there was nothing in the yard...he just wanted to sit in the snow and watch the cars on the highway two fields over.

SERIOUSLY???

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #2159 on: December 16, 2019, 11:47:04 PM »
My cat woke me up by going kawasaki on my butt with the claws on all four paws and her teeth. I don't know if she slept next to me and dreamt something that made her do that or if I moved in my sleep that made her defend herself or what, but it was a painful way to wake up.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal