collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467603 times)

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #2070 on: November 04, 2019, 08:18:33 AM »
my cat went missing because some dumb people thought he was lost when in fact he was 2 streets away. Cost me about 2 days of stress and 35 bucks. Ignorant people make me furious!  :pout: :mad:
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: November 05, 2019, 01:24:20 PM »
Seriously, Halloween is not a National Holliday here, it's a curiosity that has trickled over through movies and other medias over the years and has as a concept grown bigger and bigger and is now considered one of the huge marketweeks in the retail industri. Before it was only nightclubs and school discos and the odd home party that took notice. Now it is full blown with Trick and Treaters, pumpkins and the lot (heck, when I was a teen, getting a pumpkin was hard, we got creative with oranges etc instead).

Over the past three or four years kids doing trick or treat has become a very annoying thing and parents have decided the overall concensus is that if you decorate the house for Halloween, you must accept these trick or treaters. Some parents claim that if your porch light is on, that means you also accept trick or treaters. So now, people who don't celebrate this thing have to black out their yards so the kids wont come there. I live in an apartment complex. Up here it's dark already at five pm. But I can't put my balcony lights on this week.. not that it stops the kids though. This shouldn't be a huge problem, but as earlier stated, 31st octobre is not a public Holliday here, it's a normal weekday so the kids don't stick to just that day, I've had trick or treaters behind the door the entire week! :mad: I usually like Halloween, my favorite nightclub has had a party since the 90's and I've been going there since I was 19. It used to be fun, but now I can't decorate, can't even light my balcony in the evening and I DON'T WANT TO SHARE MY CANDY! :pout:

It's not a national holiday here in the US either.  Which is so weird and kind of annoying as I would like Halloweens off.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: November 06, 2019, 02:17:57 PM »
Disney’s The  Little Mermaid is one of my favorite Disney movies and  I also enjoy most of  the songs from the Broadway show.  I was only able to watch a few minutes of The Little Mermaid  live show and  I was disappointed with the short portion that I saw. The animated movie had scenes cut out to fit in the live performances. I knew the songs would be live but I didn’t expect the film to be cut in other places to fit (such as Sebastian and the chef at the very end.)

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: November 06, 2019, 06:40:36 PM »
Just got a text saying my flight in the morning had been cancelled and to reschedule it.  Oy.  At least I hadn't tried to go to bed early in order to get up for said cancelled flight... :pout:

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: November 06, 2019, 06:47:54 PM »
Ack my toy corner is ever growing and I love my fictional husband too much
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2075 on: November 06, 2019, 06:57:15 PM »
Depressed -_-

A game I've been looking forward to came out yesterday but I can't get into it. I want to but my brain just isn't giving out the dopamine.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #2076 on: November 06, 2019, 11:09:16 PM »
Seriously, Halloween is not a National Holliday here, it's a curiosity that has trickled over through movies and other medias over the years and has as a concept grown bigger and bigger and is now considered one of the huge marketweeks in the retail industri. Before it was only nightclubs and school discos and the odd home party that took notice. Now it is full blown with Trick and Treaters, pumpkins and the lot (heck, when I was a teen, getting a pumpkin was hard, we got creative with oranges etc instead).

Over the past three or four years kids doing trick or treat has become a very annoying thing and parents have decided the overall concensus is that if you decorate the house for Halloween, you must accept these trick or treaters. Some parents claim that if your porch light is on, that means you also accept trick or treaters. So now, people who don't celebrate this thing have to black out their yards so the kids wont come there. I live in an apartment complex. Up here it's dark already at five pm. But I can't put my balcony lights on this week.. not that it stops the kids though. This shouldn't be a huge problem, but as earlier stated, 31st octobre is not a public Holliday here, it's a normal weekday so the kids don't stick to just that day, I've had trick or treaters behind the door the entire week! :mad: I usually like Halloween, my favorite nightclub has had a party since the 90's and I've been going there since I was 19. It used to be fun, but now I can't decorate, can't even light my balcony in the evening and I DON'T WANT TO SHARE MY CANDY! :pout:

It's not a national holiday here in the US either.  Which is so weird and kind of annoying as I would like Halloweens off.

It's not? :blink: Huh, I learned something new. Maybe I thought so as people always seems to be off work in the movies.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: November 08, 2019, 06:54:59 AM »
I think I might have caught a cold yesterday.

Ponyfan

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: November 09, 2019, 06:02:56 PM »
It's pretty annoying when you block someone and they make two new accounts to harass you for it in a public comments section. It's especially more annoying when other people tell you that you need to be more tolerant of others and that you shouldn't block them.

No. If I want someone to leave me alone, I'm going to block them. That's why there's an option to block. This person also thought that I blocked them because they had a different opinion than me. No. If that was the case I'd have also blocked a ton of other people on that site. I don't block people over differing opinions.

They should've gotten the hint the first time I blocked them. But no. They made another account and publicly called me out. I blocked them again. Then a third account showed up, now using more extreme language, and again it was public.

Offline SunbeamV

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: November 09, 2019, 06:13:21 PM »
people are already blasting christmas carols and putting up obnoxious decor and i'm jewish and tired

also i love my new tattoo but my whole forearm feels like sandpaper now and i wanna rip my skin off

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2080 on: November 09, 2019, 07:15:17 PM »
I can't do anything without getting out of breath and having pain in my chest. My doctor was going to refer me to a new cardiologist but I haven't gotten a letter yet. I'm worried there's something wrong but I don't want to go to the hospital.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: November 09, 2019, 08:02:58 PM »
people are already blasting christmas carols and putting up obnoxious decor and i'm jewish and tired

I celebrate Christmas and I hate that people are already obsessed with Christmas.  Seriously, can't we at least get through Thanksgiving first?  You know...talk about being thankful for what we have before we run out and get a second mortgage just to have what everyone else has on Black Friday?

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: November 10, 2019, 04:56:37 AM »
Theres a couple kids across the street who have been playing basketball in the afternoon, and the dribbling of the ball keeps waking me up. I don't feel like I can say anything though because they're playing at a perfectly reasonable time, and they're not being obnoxious. I just happen to work overnight shifts and their playtime is when I need to sleep. >_<

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2083 on: November 10, 2019, 05:02:53 AM »

I celebrate Christmas and I hate that people are already obsessed with Christmas.  Seriously, can't we at least get through Thanksgiving first?  You know...talk about being thankful for what we have before we run out and get a second mortgage just to have what everyone else has on Black Friday?

Here it's 5th November - or it always used to be - that after 5th November the Christmas stuff started. But here in the UK stuff has been up since well before Hallowe'en. I think it's because so many retail outlets are struggling, though (especially here, with Brexit uncertainty still on the horizon for the third Christmas running) so that's a part of it. They begin early. And now we have Black Friday here too (which, frankly, is stupid because we don't have Thanksgiving) it puts additional strain on as people end up waiting for the sales instead of shopping normally. So that means they begin earlier.

It's like you get hot cross buns in stores in January, as well as Easter eggs. It bugs me too. Things should come in their normal seasonal time, not randomly stretched to fill other months because stores don't know what to do...

@Poniesthatsparkle - that sucks. I have experienced that (sadly here in the pony community a long time ago). All I can suggest you do is put serious distance between you and them by not responding and not posting on that account for a bit until things die down.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: November 10, 2019, 02:21:27 PM »
I'm sick again for the 3rd time in a month. :sad:

Ponyfan