collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467638 times)

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #2040 on: October 25, 2019, 09:49:17 AM »
Here I was foolishly believing that autumn was here for good when it had gotten so cold in September, but then in October a stupid warm front came from Africa and now it's almost like summer again :hot: :yikes: Thankfully it's supposed to go back to normal in a few days from now, but I don't like where things are going with climate these days...
Inka Dinka Doo
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2041 on: October 26, 2019, 10:46:45 AM »
I would take warm. It's rained almost all day yesterday and today. That's not my complaint, though.

I mentioned before my mother's got a cold...or something...we're not totally sure if it's a cold or a chest infection or what at this point - but she went down to the doctor to get stuff for her asthma and she got soaked THEN had to wait 45 minutes because the doctor was running late, THEN had to go get her prescription and walk home.

My parents no longer have a car and the surgery is close by, but seriously?

Not the ideal situation given her immune system issues.

On other notes - the delusional fans are at it again. I should just ignore them but when they're reinventing what happens in scenes to fit their weird concept of the story, it's so hard to bite my tongue.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: October 26, 2019, 11:26:19 AM »
A dude who has only seen me 3 times and doesn't even know my last name has a crush on me. How is that even possible. And then someone told me she "ships" us. The heck? I am off the market. How dare you "ship me" with some stranger just because he like-likes me.

Some people really lack respect. I am not a fictional character.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: October 26, 2019, 11:43:38 AM »
I'm sorry that happened to your mother Taffeta.  :( 

On other notes - the delusional fans are at it again. I should just ignore them but when they're reinventing what happens in scenes to fit their weird concept of the story, it's so hard to bite my tongue.

I was reading some fanfiction stories and I had to stop reading some of them for that very reason.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: October 26, 2019, 01:22:16 PM »
A dude who has only seen me 3 times and doesn't even know my last name has a crush on me. How is that even possible. And then someone told me she "ships" us. The heck? I am off the market. How dare you "ship me" with some stranger just because he like-likes me.

URGH, totally agreed! I was close friends with a male co-worker about this time last year and someone else I was working with asked if we were a couple and I said no and she replied with "well you should be, I totally ship you guys!" Made me feel sick

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2045 on: October 26, 2019, 01:25:18 PM »

That stuff really annoys me. You are not to matchmake others. It's like when this random customer told me I should date my coworker. Why? he was a boy, she was a girl, can I make it anymore obvious?
I think calling it shipping is a whole nother level of disrespect. Ugh.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2046 on: October 26, 2019, 05:00:18 PM »

Is he twelve? Man, I am glad my small circle of friends probably don't know what shipping even is. Sorry you deal with such stupidity.

---

My sister is sick but she's being so dramatic about it, it's hard to feel sorry for her.

My face is breaking out bad.

I can hear my Dad watching Fox News in the other room.

I ate too fast and gave myself a headache.

Earlier I dropped a pill and it rolled way under my bed. I had to get on the floor to find it.

Social media is... a thing.

*sigh*

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #2047 on: October 26, 2019, 11:56:06 PM »
Here I was foolishly believing that autumn was here for good when it had gotten so cold in September, but then in October a stupid warm front came from Africa and now it's almost like summer again :hot: :yikes: Thankfully it's supposed to go back to normal in a few days from now, but I don't like where things are going with climate these days...

Tell me about it. We hade a nice cold crisp air and even snow, the temperature going -7 degree C, and now it's like +7 and rain.

I'm sorry to hear that about your mother Taffeta. I hope she's recovering though. :hug:

:blink: :shocked:

URGH, totally agreed! I was close friends with a male co-worker about this time last year and someone else I was working with asked if we were a couple and I said no and she replied with "well you should be, I totally ship you guys!" Made me feel sick

For reals? I mean.. like.. wow..

Yesterday was the annual Halloween party and despite me working this weekend I wanted to go so off I went, and I got home early because of work. The clocks were turned back this night so I felt I would do anyway with an hour of extra sleep. But no, I got home around 1 am. 3 am I had yet to fall a sleep, finally slept and woke like six am. My alarm was put on 8, formely nine am. Still I only got four hours of sleep and my headache is acting up.  :pout:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #2048 on: October 27, 2019, 08:46:05 AM »
The people who designed my house put weird-shaped lights in the kitchen instead of regular light bulbs.  There's one fixture that looks just like any normal "dome" kitchen light but there's a 9" circular bulb inside it??

It is so hard to find the right bulbs! 
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2049 on: October 27, 2019, 12:05:36 PM »
It's about one million degrees outside :hot:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2050 on: October 27, 2019, 04:53:23 PM »
Thanks guys. Yeah, she seems to be doing better at the moment - cautious optimism as you never really know with her :P

As for the shipping thing, it's like reality broke somewhere in their heads or something. It's one thing to ship any story character with any other story character (they're made up, so probably they don't mind all that much, even if some of the ships are a bit far fetched) but you can't just apply those same rules to real people. "You said good morning to him once so now I'm going to impose my ideas on you of how you should live together".

Gah. Sorry that stuff happened.

I get a bit creeped out online with people calling anime characters their husbands/wives/sons/whatever (they're not real!) though I guess it's a free world, but today I saw someone say, and I quote, "I would literally die for him to be happy."

...About a fictional character.

...From a manga series.

I mean, I have a lot of anime characters I like very much. Would I die for any of them? Obviously not.

Reality. Maybe it went out with the twentieth century? Or maybe I'm just old. Dunno...the world is weird.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: October 27, 2019, 10:52:21 PM »
I get a bit creeped out online with people calling anime characters their husbands/wives/sons/whatever (they're not real!) though I guess it's a free world, but today I saw someone say, and I quote, "I would literally die for him to be happy."
She's likely 15.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: October 28, 2019, 01:58:24 AM »
If my input is valid, I can kinda semi relate.

Spoiler
For a significant chunk of my teenage years, I would've had the same sentiment for a certain character but it mostly stemmed from being unable to feel bonds, being rejected because of my weird behaviour, having issues ignored, ect so as a literal reason to live and having not felt such a genuine/real-est connection thing before, I fell head over heels for him and would've probably died for him were he real.

But that may just be me, since some teens (and maybe some adults) may just be going through new extreme or amplified emotions.

Now I have a basic feeling for human to human bonds, have much more self worth, ect but I still consider him attractive, emotionally attached to him and he's an important part of my life.

Maybe tangent, idk.
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #2053 on: October 29, 2019, 11:14:55 PM »
I woke up to -9 degrees, that's like 15F. In October! :blink: What in the world?? :shocked: At least we have snow..

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: October 30, 2019, 01:43:17 PM »
Walking over Westminster Bridge in London today and being held up due to crowds dawdling around those cup-and-ball scammers.
I lost count how many groups of scammers there were along the bridge.

Do folks actually fall for this old trick? Some must do...  :shrug:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal