collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467598 times)

Online EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #1830 on: August 05, 2019, 09:29:34 AM »
I bought a new nose ring but it's a different type to the ones I'm used to and now I'm scared to put it in

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1831 on: August 05, 2019, 09:54:57 AM »
I have a $300 gaming chair. I did not pay that for it, I got it on sale over New Years. I hate this chair. It's uncomfortable and even with the liftv  all the way up it's too low for me.

Anyway, today it rolled out from under me as I went to sit down and I crashed into it and then hit the floor. Now the seat plate is dented and the gas lift is all messed up. So now I need to order replacement parts for it. Of course, I have to email them instead of them having an online catalog or something so the price of these items is a mystery. I have no idea where to even start guessing how much they'll be and I'm thinking of just getting rid of the stupid thing and buying a nice office chair instead. This will be the last and only gaming chair I ever own!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: August 05, 2019, 10:28:34 AM »
It's currently 11:25 am and 82F outside.  The air conditioner is not working...again.  They've reset it at least 6 times since 8 am.  The air conditioner cannot be fixed properly due to the system being so old that we have to custom order parts as they break down.  The system cannot be completely replaced due to the age of the building (parts of it were built in the late 1800s).  The city has promised us a new building for the last 10 years.  People who complain about the minuscule tax increase claim we do not need a new building, we just have to fix what's wrong with this one.  Then they come in and complain that the air conditioning doesn't work.  But we can't fix it and we don't "need" a new building so we should just fix it even though it can't actually be fixed.  Utah logic at its finest.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1833 on: August 05, 2019, 11:53:43 AM »
Yesterday all travel was suspended in my area due to a stupid cycle race that went on most of the day.

I already hate cyclists, because 9 out of 10 London ones don't understand road rules, and will run red lights and crossings and even hit pedestrians if they're in the way...and then they whine about "dangerous drivers" like only vehicles with four wheels are a problem.

A whole day of racing that means no buses and road closures is not cool. Apparently it was on TV. It was also past my window. Again and again. For hours.

And worst of all, they were cheering it on. From 7am. ON A SUNDAY.

...not amused.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #1834 on: August 05, 2019, 02:23:43 PM »
Argh it's past midnight and my smoke alarm started to make beeping sounds. I found a new battery but that didn't help. I guess I need to get a new alarm... :( Or at least wait 'til the morning to try again.

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: August 05, 2019, 02:53:30 PM »
Argh it's past midnight and my smoke alarm started to make beeping sounds. I found a new battery but that didn't help. I guess I need to get a new alarm... :( Or at least wait 'til the morning to try again.

Depending on how your alarms are set up, it could be a battery in another alarm is going bad and yours is beeping.  When the alarm in my room beeps, the one downstairs beeps as well and vice versa.  It's totally annoying but I think it's set up that way in case one is in a lesser used part of the house.  It may also be that the battery isn't inserted right.  Mine uses a 9V battery and it's a pain to get it pushed all the way in.

The air conditioner is supposedly fixed (at least temporarily) but my office is so warm I just want to go to sleep... :zzz:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: August 06, 2019, 11:17:13 AM »
I'm falling in to a viscous cycle of insomnia.  I wake up way too early and have trouble going back to sleep. I slept well night before last but was up at 3 this morning.

:zzz:

I have a medical condition that makes it hard to get a good night's sleep but I am being treated for it so I don't think it's that.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: August 06, 2019, 02:06:26 PM »
I have another dr appt with the surgeon.  It shouldn't be stressful because it's just a check to make sure things are still going well (my physical therapist thinks the surgeon might even officially be done seeing me after today) but I'm kind of freaking out inside.  Why can't I learn to be okay with going to see the doctor?   :wail:

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1838 on: August 06, 2019, 11:09:07 PM »
With the medication I take I'm sleeping deeper and has started to remember my dreams, I'm not waking up from an abyss of nothing anymore. But the thing is I think I prefer the former as the dreams are always filled with time challenges and I usually wake up exhausted.. I don't like it.

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: August 07, 2019, 06:09:31 AM »
I can't stand people who look down on others based on their personal preferences, like choosing dogs over cats, or debit cards over credit cards, or coffee over some special exotic tea etc. Is it really this hard to respect that different people prefer different things?
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: August 07, 2019, 06:17:13 AM »
Speaking of dreams, I still have dreams about being in school and taking tests or forgetting something important. I’ve noticed I’ve had dreams about a manga series I’m reading too.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: August 07, 2019, 06:54:40 AM »
I can't stand people who look down on others based on their personal preferences, like choosing dogs over cats

I really hate this, tbh. Literally hate.
I am allergic to cats and in general my life circumstances never allowed for cats, but I always loved dogs and it was easier to keep dogs growing up.
So called "cat people" acting snooty because I don't know what it's like to have a cat because cats are the most magical and royal of all pets annoy the crap out of me. Not cat owners, mind you. Self-proclaimed "cat people" who have statues of Bastet everywhere, have all sorts of cat items, say things like "my cat owns ME"  but will make a dumb comment about how dogs are not loyal they are just dumb.

The entire cat VS dog thing annoys me. Some people just don't have the time for a dog or don't have the interest in a cat.

Also... people who furiously hate one or the other. Or people who assume just because you prefer one does mean you hate the other. They are just pets. It's not that deep.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1842 on: August 07, 2019, 08:36:28 AM »
I can't stand people who look down on others based on their personal preferences, like choosing dogs over cats

I really hate this, tbh. Literally hate.

Same! For me it's console gaming vs PC gaming. I do and love both for various reasons. People act like it's impossible. Don't get me started on the "PC Master Race" stuff either :pout:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1843 on: August 07, 2019, 09:25:01 AM »
I can't stand people who look down on others based on their personal preferences, like choosing dogs over cats, or debit cards over credit cards, or coffee over some special exotic tea etc. Is it really this hard to respect that different people prefer different things?

It's a flaw with the human race. It irks me especially when you have football related discussions and you find that there are some people who have literally just joined the discussion to hate on the team being discussed...no other reason. Like, what was the point of that?

Re cats and dogs - I feel the same way about dog people as you do about cat people, Zapper. I'm afraid of dogs, I got attacked by one as a kid, and it annoys the heck out of me that people (certainly here) are arrogant enough to bring their (non-service) dogs into places dogs are banned and so on.  Also, that they don't train their animals. I literally loathe those people. The other week I was in Oxford with my sister and we walked past a sign saying how a vicious dog attack had killed a horse in the area and they were looking for information. A horse. This is a place people walk their dogs a lot, and also a place where horses and cattle graze. What kind of dog owner must you be to have a dog who savages a horse...and what kind of an owner are you to just let that happen?

Yeah, I hate those dog people. I hate them with a passion. But not because they like dogs. Because they don't care that other people don't. Because hey, it's 'man's best friend', right?

(Basically I have the same feeling as Zapper from the opposite perspective. Except in my case it is the dog owners that are the problem. Though I genuinely don't understand why there are so many stores selling sequinned or glittery pug statues..it's not offending me particularly that it exists. So long as it can't bite me or jump up at me and isn't being allowed to do so by a human who frankly should be the one undergoing training...I'm good.)

Please note, I know there are a lot of dog owners who train their pets and don't do the things mentioned above.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1844 on: August 08, 2019, 12:31:46 AM »

This so much! I had a coworker at my former job who talked trash about teabags. A REAL tea-drinker would only buy loose tea according to her. I was flabbergasted. I drink both! As a matter of fact I got so happy when Lisa Vanderpump from Real Housewifes of Beverly Hills (one of my guilty pleasures :blush:) showed how she made a cup of tea because she used a teabag and she's brittish! Everyone know brits love their tea and if i brit use a teabag, then it's ok, right? :lookround:

Nowadays I work in an electronic store and we sell gaming equitpments amongst other things and the gamers are the worst when it comes to brands. The war between this brand or that brand is real. It's insane.

Moving on to my complaints of the day is my headache peaked for the first time in months yesterday. I went to sleep with it and I woke up with it. Painkillers has not done anything for it yet. My head feels like a bowl of glass with a crack in it. Any wrong move and it will shatter to pieces.
Another thing is my mom remember our weddinganniversary. Only she got the dates wrong. We married on the 18th, not the 8th. Close enough I suppose.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal