collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467630 times)

Offline magoobear

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Beddy Bye Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #1800 on: July 29, 2019, 11:31:47 AM »
When I'm in the mood to do the sewing at work (part of my job is sewing clothing) and the sewing machine decides to act up .. the feeder won't feed automatically , and it was working just fine for past ten minutes .. great!

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1801 on: July 29, 2019, 11:30:28 PM »
Well, Taffeta, I think I'll survive. It's always enjoyable reading about your traffic situation. As annoying as it seems, I can't help but smile.

I'm gonna continue to complain about the weather. Although it is nice not feeling like I'm stepping into an oven everytime I walk out from the cool airconditioned mall I work in, I didn't sign up for ice winds from the Artic! Two days ago I couldn't enjoy my balcony because it was too hot! Now I need extra layers, a blanket and woolen socks to be able to! I mean, come on!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: July 30, 2019, 10:44:41 AM »
It makes me so sad my friend said that she hates the term inclusion :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: July 30, 2019, 02:46:34 PM »

Wow... That is really sad. :( I can’t understand that kind of thinking...

Anyway, I’m sorry you’re feeling down about it. :hug: I always feel very... I don’t know what the right term would be... Disheartened? Let down?... when people say things like that.
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1804 on: July 30, 2019, 03:18:44 PM »

I guess it depends on how it's used. I hate words that are thrown about without meaning (like diversity, inclusivity, and others). It's a trend in the modern world to use these kinds of watchwords without any intention of applying them.

@Beldarna - you're welcome ;) In a few weeks my bus complaints will consist of...there are no buses >< save meeee.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: July 30, 2019, 03:26:19 PM »
It was meant in the most WYP way ever.

And maybe disappointing is a better word.. but my heart felt sad when I was told it.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: July 30, 2019, 04:31:37 PM »
It was meant in the most WYP way ever.

And maybe disappointing is a better word.. but my heart felt sad when I was told it.

:(
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1807 on: July 30, 2019, 11:06:01 PM »
Taffeta, how ever will we survive that?! :lol:

Oh, banditpony I am sorry to hear that :hug:. I have a friend I found out voted on the racist party in the last election. The feeling is so confusing because i like her, but can't really come to term with her views.. It's hard.

Who in their right mind books an appointmen for a haircut at exactly 5 pm, when their shift ends at exactly 5 pm? Who does a warranty issue completley wrong and issue a refund in the last minutes of his shifts just so he can rush to said appointment? Who comes back 40 minutes later to finnish the issue without the customer there to fill in the paper and THEN clock out?! I mean, are you planning to get paid for overtime when cutting your hair? :blink: I tell you who, the summerworker I've been complaining about on and off this summer! Mindboggledstupifiedlotsofbadwordsijustcan't! Yesterday was my last shift with him and that makes me HAPPY!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1808 on: July 31, 2019, 01:49:08 AM »

Was it along the same line as "everything is too politically correct" or whatever? If so, I sympathize. I had a friend with that same attitude. Notice I said had a friend...

---

My current complaint: Even when I can sleep, it's bad. Woke up with a terrible headache and I had a weird dream that's bothering me :huh:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: July 31, 2019, 11:01:11 AM »
I decided to go through ALL my stuff and declutter by pulling everything out of my room and putting it back in, dusting off the larger furniture/vacuuming as I went. 

I have so much stuff.... :cry: 

Why do I have SO. MUCH. STUFF????

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: July 31, 2019, 11:33:16 AM »
I just started my last Harry Potter book again, I want to read more after finishing it, but I don't have the last two books yet.  :cry:

Spoiler
Fun fact: It was actually this forum that got me hooked. :P About two years ago there was a thread about Hogwarts houses, and I did the test just for fun, even though I hardly knew anything about it (I got Slytherin, but I'm 100% certain that I'm a Gryffindor!). It sparked my interest, and now there's no way back. :lookround:

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: July 31, 2019, 12:32:52 PM »
Taffeta, how ever will we survive that?! :lol:

Oh, banditpony I am sorry to hear that :hug:. I have a friend I found out voted on the racist party in the last election. The feeling is so confusing because i like her, but can't really come to term with her views.. It's hard.

Without being too political, the Brexit debate has divided people, areas, communities all through this country and revealed some not nice sides to people. I know some of my school friends voted the other way from me, but the husband of one of my friends kept posting really far right pro Britain rubbish on his FB feed till I completely unfollowed him. He might be a lovely guy. But I have no time for leave voters who voted leave based on racial prejudice.

I have some issues with those who voted leave, period, but at least, growing up in a pro-leave area with zero economic opportunities, I understand WHY it happened, even if I don't like that it did...

There can be too much political correctness - such as the habit now to rename all the jobs from what they actually are to something euphemistic that sounds much more fancy but isn't. That always amuses me.

As an autistic person the 'person with autism' political correctness debate also twitches at me. I personally don't care whether people say I'm autistic or a person with autism, but the moment someone tries to make diversity points off using "person with autism" like it's a disease or something requiring pity, that annoys me. Some attempts at being PC actually are more offensive than if no attempt was made at all.

...But people complaining about PC because they want to be racist, sexist, ageist, homophobic, ableist, or whatever, and people saying "it's just a joke" when they've been one of the above...nope. No thanks.

On a lighter complaining note...

Today's bus complaint. I went to a local area of London and did my shopping there as the supermarket is bigger. I walked into the next town and then caught the bus from there.

The stop back is right outside the door of the shop. Of course, the shop has two doors, one each side, and I ended up in the carpark the first time because I'm a navigationally challenged moron. But when I finally found the bus stop - from which there should have been a bus that went RIGHT BACK to where I live...it turns out that that bus wasn't running properly today, so I had to get a different one and walk from the local church with a REALLY heavy bag instead.

...Buses hate me.

And for some reason, this kind of bus thing always happens when I walk into that same local town.

Maybe I need to stop doing that o.O.

...One month left in London :'(
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: July 31, 2019, 06:10:29 PM »

Was it along the same line as "everything is too politically correct" or whatever? If so, I sympathize. I had a friend with that same attitude. Notice I said had a friend...

Reminds me of the line I hear more frequently "everyone is too offended by everything these days". I've found it pretty much means the same thing and is thus a huge red flag for me when I hear someone say it.

---

Maybe not such a trivial complaint, but I'm having to cope with the idea that my feet are not going to get better and that my current job - which I was perfectly comfortable and very competent at (something I rarely feel about myself with anything) - is not going to work as it requires me to be on my feet, and so I may have to go way out of my comfort zone to find one that will work out.

|My Collection|

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: July 31, 2019, 09:26:52 PM »
5am.

Woken by fire engine sirens going past.

Sigh.

Well, if it saves someone, I guess it's fine.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: July 31, 2019, 09:41:56 PM »
...but the moment someone tries to make diversity points off using "person with autism" like it's a disease or something requiring pity, that annoys me. Some attempts at being PC actually are more offensive than if no attempt was made at all.

THIS.

Because sadly, there ARE people who treat diversity/acceptance as though it has a points system. These same people are usually the ones who end up being offensive and causing more problems and division... all in an effort to exhibit how open-minded and forward-thinking they are.

People really shouldn’t have to consciously think about how to be polite, supportive, or accepting. That’s just called being a decent human being. It’s not that complicated.

The really hilarious/tragic cases are the people who go out of their way to say that they’re not bigoted... as a precursor to saying something insanely bigoted. As if that’s somehow a “get out of jail free” card for whatever monstrous thing they’re about to say. :/
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 09:50:26 PM by Nemesis »
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal