collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467641 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #1755 on: July 12, 2019, 03:19:23 PM »
I saw someone walking around a store with a kitten today. I know dogs can be service animals but can cats also? As far as I could tell the kitten wasn't wearing any kind ID that would indicate it was a service animal.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: July 13, 2019, 04:57:13 PM »
The TV started glitching randomly when I was watching "When Harry Met Lloyd" :stressed:
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1757 on: July 17, 2019, 02:42:33 AM »
Last night was a pretty crazy night.

So the night before last there were noisy roadworkers drilling till midnight and then yelling to each other till 2am, but last night they were quiet.

Unfortunately it wasn't a restful night.

First thing was the wasp. I hate wasps. I don't even know when it came in, but it was SITTING ON MY TV SCREEN like it owned the place. My window here doesn't open very far because it's high up, and at night getting it outside that way was basically impossible so I had to catch the critter without getting stung. I actually did manage to do this, and took it downstairs and out into the gardens. I should add that I am pretty freaked out going there at night since the rats incident some months back, so that was pretty scary as well. Got rid of the wasp. Fine. No problem. Back to the room.

Then my towel fell off my rail randomly in the bathroom and knocked a whole bunch of stuff flying, which I had to resolve. Also another towel now needs washing =.=

All in all not much sleep happened last night. Sigh.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: July 17, 2019, 04:57:17 AM »
Sorry you have such a rough night Taffeta.  :hug:  I don't like wasps or stinging insects either.

My local bookstore is having a Buy 2 get 1 free sale. You're supposed to be able to check store inventory online but yesterday 3 books that I couldn't find anywhere in the store were listed online as in stock at the store. The store inventory doesn't update in real time and it's possible that someone might else might have chosen those 3 books because of the sale but out of all the books I was interested in to get a 2nd free book because I bought 4 books I couldn't find them in the store.

Ponyfan

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: July 17, 2019, 09:33:13 AM »
First thing was the wasp. I hate wasps. I don't even know when it came in, but it was SITTING ON MY TV SCREEN like it owned the place. My window here doesn't open very far because it's high up, and at night getting it outside that way was basically impossible so I had to catch the critter without getting stung. I actually did manage to do this, and took it downstairs and out into the gardens. I should add that I am pretty freaked out going there at night since the rats incident some months back, so that was pretty scary as well. Got rid of the wasp. Fine. No problem. Back to the room.

You’d have loved what happened to me a couple summers ago... After weeks of wasps invading my bedroom at night, I discovered that they had built a nest under the roof next to my window. I had to camp out in the basement for weeks until they were removed (there were hundreds of them). :yikes:

Also, I have nasty reactions to wasp/bee stings, so that was not fun. DX

But yes, wasp invasions suck. Sorry you lost sleep over it. :( :hug:
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Pumpkin_Tart

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: July 17, 2019, 09:35:01 AM »

You’d have loved what happened to me a couple summers ago... After weeks of wasps invading my bedroom at night, I discovered that they had built a nest under the roof next to my window. I had to camp out in the basement for weeks until they were removed (there were hundreds of them). :yikes:

Yikes!  :shocked:

Offline Nemesis

• Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: July 17, 2019, 09:44:10 AM »
I can now identify and differentiate the buzz of a wasp from that of any other insect. XD
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: July 17, 2019, 01:08:52 PM »

Yikes!  :shocked:

Oh yeeps, that sounds awful O.O how poisonous are your wasps and bees over there? I remember in Japan being verrry cautious of the bees in the cherry blossom because the Japanese bees have super nasty stings. I'm not allergic to stings, fortunately, but I don't like them anyway.

I am wondering if there's a nest somewhere up on the roof of this building as there are a lot of wasps flying around at the third floor level where I am and that doesn't seem too normal. Fortunately the one last night was small and fairly dopey, so I managed to catch it and take it outside - but I don't really want to repeat...

Also that was all at around 3.30am, chasing the thing around my room with a small plastic sorbet pot and a towel.

The worst situation I ever had was a wasp that got in my hair one night. My hair is quite long and it was tied up in a messy ball that night and somehow the wasp got INSIDE that and yeah, getting it out without panicking or getting stung is one of my traumas ><

The other week at home I had a hornet in my room. I've never seen a real hornet before. That was big. O.o.

Sigh, the buzzy things seem to really love me :(
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1763 on: July 17, 2019, 10:56:06 PM »
I woke up with a soar throat. I sound like I've been smoking 40 cigarettes a day and drinking lots of whiskey for the past thirty years.. Hubby thought it so hilarious he wanted to record it. Also, i can't call in sick because it's summer and there's none to cover for me. Also, we're out of honey, the only thing that helps when my throat is like this.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: July 19, 2019, 04:42:15 AM »
*points at the window*

Sudden torrential rain.

I guess I'm not going out to buy lunch then.

Wonder what's in the cupboard other than soy sauce and cake.

(Not a good combination).
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Nemesis

• Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: July 19, 2019, 08:40:20 AM »
Oh yeeps, that sounds awful O.O how poisonous are your wasps and bees over there? I remember in Japan being verrry cautious of the bees in the cherry blossom because the Japanese bees have super nasty stings. I'm not allergic to stings, fortunately, but I don't like them anyway.

I am wondering if there's a nest somewhere up on the roof of this building as there are a lot of wasps flying around at the third floor level where I am and that doesn't seem too normal. Fortunately the one last night was small and fairly dopey, so I managed to catch it and take it outside - but I don't really want to repeat...

Also that was all at around 3.30am, chasing the thing around my room with a small plastic sorbet pot and a towel.

The worst situation I ever had was a wasp that got in my hair one night. My hair is quite long and it was tied up in a messy ball that night and somehow the wasp got INSIDE that and yeah, getting it out without panicking or getting stung is one of my traumas ><

The other week at home I had a hornet in my room. I've never seen a real hornet before. That was big. O.o.

Sigh, the buzzy things seem to really love me :(

I would probably need trauma counseling if a wasp ever got stuck in my hair. :shocked:

The ones that laid siege to my bedroom were yellowjackets, though I couldn’t tell you the exact species. They’re ridiculously aggressive, but not deadly or anything unless you have severe allergies. My reaction isn’t THAT severe, but I do swell up like a balloon when I get stung. :P

I had heard that there were some pretty scary bugs in Japan... I imagine those wasps must be everywhere in spring, especially at cherry blossom viewing spots! My childhood home had an apple tree that would blossom each year, and during that time it would be a giant, buzzing deathtrap. XD You could hear the buzzing at a distance, there were so many bees and wasps...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 08:43:02 AM by Nemesis »

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1766 on: July 19, 2019, 03:41:06 PM »
You guys are freaking me out with all this wasp talk. I'm severely allergic to pretty much anything that stings. Down here in Florida we have these huge (though not Japanese huge, thankfully) wasps that are super aggressive. They get trapped in the screened in lanai sometimes.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1767 on: July 20, 2019, 12:12:19 AM »
When I was a 9 year old kid on the beach a huge wasp landed on my thigh. I did the stupid thing without thought and brushed it away. Then I had do run to the water Donald Duck style and jump right in. When I got up it was still there lingering above me so I took a deep breath, back down under the water and swam under the waves.. When I came up for breath ten meters later it was thankfully gone. My mom and sister had the sweet audacity to laugh at me.

The warmth have finally arrived and we have what feels like summer up here in the north so of course I had to get a heavy cold. Not only soar throat but coughing and sneezing and freezing and sweating. Another one is that it's the first time I'm not working the weekend when the towns rockfestival is, but theres no band playing I feel like watching. I guess on the plus size, being sick doesn't really matter today and I save money.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: July 20, 2019, 11:41:16 PM »
I don't care how healthy it's supposed to be, apple cider vinegar smells and tastes like vomit!

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: July 21, 2019, 06:15:39 AM »
Some insect decided I would make a good meal and now I have several bites. :(

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal