collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467840 times)

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #1530 on: April 20, 2019, 08:04:43 AM »
I keep having nightmares of the Beast Titan and Armoured Titan dancing in pink tutus.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: April 22, 2019, 05:18:19 AM »
Ugh, spicy food definitely does not agree with me anymore. I really hate being ill, so I guess it's more middle-of-the-road food for me from now on. :pout:

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: April 22, 2019, 09:36:35 AM »
photo bucket is such a pain now I want a good free alt I can post the the arena on.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: April 22, 2019, 01:40:08 PM »
photo bucket is such a pain now I want a good free alt I can post the the arena on.

I use DeviantArt--it's totally free to sign up, you only pay if you want "core" membership, which lets you have more subfolders and I think takes off the ads.  I just upload the photo into my "stash" and then it isn't public on DA but the image location still works for posting pictures on this site.

Offline StrawberrySundance

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: April 22, 2019, 03:07:39 PM »
Dreading my Childcare exams this week  :shocked:
The exam sounds really silly out loud; basically we are given a question from any unit we've covered this year, were allowed to use the internet, text books, note books and talk to our peers (we have to reference of course)  I know I shouldn't be panicking, but these are my first college exams and they're a little new to me, hopefully everything should go alright I just hope I don't end up with a topic I'm not too good at lol. Got to try and remember to bring my glasses too, we're using the computers to type them up in the space of 3 days  :blink:

Good luck to anyone else with college/school/university exams!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: April 22, 2019, 05:24:14 PM »
meh to you -- old man at the post office.

I literally hand you a 1-day express package, we chit chat about how much it's worth, and you do NOT scan it to enter it into the tracking system????

It took 10 hours for it to have it's "acceptance scan" (at the second distribution center).

I /hate/ mailing expensive things.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline StrawberrySundance

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: April 24, 2019, 10:54:40 AM »
Turns out exams are next week whoops XD

Ugh I've had a terrible day,
- We weren't notified we had a lecture this morning so I walked up to my usual classroom to find a note on the door saying our class had been moved to a building on the other side of the campus, so I turned up late. Luckily the tutors in there were understanding and didn't mind.

-The lecture finished earlier than we were told so we had a 30 minute break till next lesson, with that I did my usual bought drinks for lunch and a snack as I hadn't had breakfast and made my way to student services to get my pass sorted I collected my ticket and thought 'great I can get this renewed after college' turns out I was wrong, I made my way to the station only to find out the travel shop closes at 1pm on Wednesdays.

- With that I got my pop card out and went to a top up station to put £1 for my journey only to find out I had nothing but a £10 note (which was Easter money I needed to put in my bank) I made my way to a shop I had just bought from and asked the girl at the till if I could have change, apologising and explaining my situation, she understood and was lovely, giving me change and wished me well

- Put cash on my pop card, scanned it and made my way to the platform, got on the metro which was packed. I was squished between a guys bag and the door which wasn't fun and all of a sudden the train stopped and the lights turned off. Power cut. We waited a while and got things running again. I couldn't get through to my mum or brother to tell them I was going to be late either.

-Got off at my stop and looked at the bus time table, only 15 minutes for the bus (they stop running their usual time around 5:45) and it was on time for once! Which was great but still didn't make up for all these unlucky events today   :(

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1537 on: April 24, 2019, 05:52:08 PM »
I'll add to the public transport woes...

I had to be at uni this morning by 11. Very important that I was.

Because of the possibility of insane people trying to block roads with their logic of saving the environment (by polluting London as much as possible with paint, fumes, fake blood and superglue, creating unnecessary carbon footprint by inviting speakers to fly in from the US and train in from Europe to babble about saving the world) I also wanted to leave early. (Don't get me wrong, I'm absolutely all for climate change awareness, but I don't like hypocrisy and I don't believe the means justify the end if it means creating more pollution just to get celebrity speakers).

I don't use tube trains if I can help it - but especially not at rush hour because they are...not pleasant.

So I leave plenty of time, I get to the station and...my train is cancelled.

Of course, it's not actually cancelled. Five minutes after it was due to arrive, it raced through the station without stopping. Which brings me to the crux of my transport trivial complaint for the day...rail companies operating commuter routes in greater London who cut stations at the last minute and race through them instead of picking up passengers so that they can arrive in London "on time."

This matters because their official performance stats at the moment only measure the time they leave the first station and arrive at the final destination. So in order that my rail company can keep its late stats down, when they have a delay (which is daily, due to congestion because of badly organised train routes that rarely maintain their proper times), they end up just cutting stops to make up time.

London area transport is way superior to what exists back at home, but my station is one of those on this route that has only four trains an hour. Every station between mine and London has more trains an hour. The next stop has six, and every station beyond that has at least eight. Cutting a train on my station means half an hour between trains and angry passengers.

...And I am really fed up with seeing my "cancelled" train rush through the station 5 minutes after it is due so that the rail company don't get fined for being late.

Trains are there to pick up passengers. Not race.

Fortunately I still made it on time as the next train ran more or less to schedule and I had left enough time for disasters. But yeah. It's annoying.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 05:56:31 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: April 25, 2019, 01:05:55 PM »
I joined a couple of Buy, Sell, Trade groups on Facebook for a non pony item. Everything appeared to be going well. I got message from someone asking me what items I had to trade. After I replied the person said they weren't looking for those items and we ended the conversation pleasantly. Last night I got another message from them asking if I had more items to trade. I replied that I didn't have anything new to offer at this time.

The person seemed interested in one of my items but it was getting late so I decided to write back in the morning. When I looked at my messages this morning I found a strange message from this person sending me a link to a Snopes.com article. that didn't have anything to do with our conversation. It was a little distressing to see especially without a logical reason. It makes me wary of continuing the conversation with this person.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: April 26, 2019, 02:25:28 AM »
I need to clean my sewing and crafts room. I really do.

But... it’s so scary. XD It kind of looks like a storage unit right now (and not the neat, orderly kind). *Sigh*
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: April 26, 2019, 08:45:10 AM »
The farmers have been muck-spraying their fields,
the wind has carried the odour to our town and now everywhere smells of xxxx  :X

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1541 on: April 26, 2019, 11:56:33 AM »
When you tell your students at least 5 times before the end of term that revision sessions will be held in the lecture session, and yet still get an email asking why there was no Friday class this week.

*headdesk*

If they can't remember that detail, I worry about what they'll remember in the exams...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BubbleTea

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Must Collect Horses
« Reply #1542 on: April 27, 2019, 11:49:58 PM »
I missed a Breyer collector club horse AGAIN. As I was checking out it sold out. This is the second time this year it's happened to me. I officially have the worst luck with collector club. :yikes:
Sigs by SquarePeg and starrynights
:nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy:

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: April 28, 2019, 02:29:55 AM »
There are things I want to get rid of on evilbay but the effort of photgraphing and listing them and the high likelihood of non-paying bidders, ugh, I can't work up the motivation.  :pout:

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: April 29, 2019, 08:52:45 AM »
There are things I want to get rid of on evilbay but the effort of photgraphing and listing them and the high likelihood of non-paying bidders, ugh, I can't work up the motivation.  :pout:

I hear you!
So much junk from clearing my house - most went to charity-shops or the tip!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal