collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467740 times)

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #1425 on: February 05, 2019, 11:00:37 AM »
We got German Celebrations at work today, which is awesome, but I noticed that they have Milky Way Crispy Rolls in them, and those particular chocolates are not included in the English ones. Why do we not get Crispy Rolls in English Celebrations? Why is it that we have to put up with Galaxy Caramel by the bucket-load, which is absolutely atrocious, but no Crispy Rolls?!!!
I know I could just buy some Crispy Rolls from the corner shop but that's beside the point. Is England just anti-joy or something?! Yeesh!
(And I appear to have started a new page by ranting about chocolate... what is my life.) :|
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: February 05, 2019, 11:32:42 AM »
I'd rant too. :P By the way, they aren't included here either, I didn't even know they were included in Germany at all, I love them too!

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Ponyfan

• MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: February 05, 2019, 01:07:53 PM »
I found out today that one of my favorite apps that I play everyday is shutting down at the end of March. I wouldn't mind so much if it was just not allowing new downloads but I won't be able to even play anymore after the shutdown date.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1428 on: February 05, 2019, 09:56:53 PM »
I woke up 6:15 am, which was an hour earlier than I set my alarm. But I couldn't go back to sleep so I got up.

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: February 05, 2019, 11:42:48 PM »
This whole thing about Liam Neeson being racist is getting on my nerves.   :enraged:

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1430 on: February 06, 2019, 09:28:27 AM »
Had to drag into university today to settle something that apparently needed my settling directly. I live an hour from campus now, so yeah, that was 2 and a half hours of my day wasted unnecessarily.

Come home, have lunch, and then there's a guy knocking on my door wanting to do some routine maintenance. Now I HATE strangers coming into my room and I hate them needing to do so without warning. I had arranged that the maintenance person would come yesterday while I was out, but this is the second time that's basically just been rearranged without my being informed.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: February 07, 2019, 09:22:30 AM »
I live in a place where people don't understand that the magic sky water makes things wet.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: February 07, 2019, 09:30:35 AM »
I live in a place where people don't understand that the magic sky water makes things wet.

If people didn't understand that here, nothing would ever happen. Ever. XD But that's a wonderful description <3.

My body is still trying to decide if it still has the cold it randomly picked up (probably on the commuter train) last Friday. I would really like it to make up its mind.

Also, I have to teach tomorrow. Last day before reading week. I don't generally mind except that the material for the first year class this week is really not easy to teach. At least the 2nd year class should be better...if the students turn up of course...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Miniature Sheep

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: February 07, 2019, 10:49:37 AM »
I'd rant too. :P By the way, they aren't included here either, I didn't even know they were included in Germany at all, I love them too!

Honestly, I'm glad I'm not alone in this! Chocolate is of the utmost importance! :lol:

And my complaint for today is peak British - the weather. In the half an hour it takes me to walk to the bus station on the way to work, I got some rain, then hail, then snow. What even is that, other than a meteorological temper tantrum?!

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: February 07, 2019, 07:51:33 PM »
Sometimes I hate the vinyl community :(
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: February 08, 2019, 09:04:38 AM »

Honestly, I'm glad I'm not alone in this! Chocolate is of the utmost importance! :lol:

And my complaint for today is peak British - the weather. In the half an hour it takes me to walk to the bus station on the way to work, I got some rain, then hail, then snow. What even is that, other than a meteorological temper tantrum?!

Sounds about right.

In my part of the country, it was the usual story of "I will wait until you step outside and then RAIN ON YOU mercilessly." Coupled with the classic London, "Let's not fix the pavements, they make such great puddle bases for people to get soaked in."

Yay for Winter. Not. Even as a Feb baby, I am looking forward to Spring.

Incidentally, the weirdest ever weather situation I encountered here was at the bus station local to where my parents live, where on one side of the sky there was a full scale thunderstorm going on, and the other bright sunshine, with a rainbow across the middle. Weird British weather is weird...

Edit to add a second rant. More strike days forecast on my local rail network and one of those is a day I teach. Gah.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 01:37:15 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1436 on: February 09, 2019, 01:19:07 AM »

I love that! Magic Sky Water! :heart: We currently have that in frozen form, and this time I don't have to go outside. It' spretty to watch, but I am happy not to be wheelchair bound or dependent on a walker, it is not easy to go through. Our landlord takes forever to shovel our grounds, just two days ago a neighbour shoveleved the entrance to our house as our landlord had fail to do that for several days.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: February 09, 2019, 04:46:56 AM »
Trains suffering from a storm hangover. Not really thrilled to take a forced detour through Northampton...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Miniature Sheep

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: February 09, 2019, 03:56:10 PM »

Sounds about right.

In my part of the country, it was the usual story of "I will wait until you step outside and then RAIN ON YOU mercilessly." Coupled with the classic London, "Let's not fix the pavements, they make such great puddle bases for people to get soaked in."

Yay for Winter. Not. Even as a Feb baby, I am looking forward to Spring.

Incidentally, the weirdest ever weather situation I encountered here was at the bus station local to where my parents live, where on one side of the sky there was a full scale thunderstorm going on, and the other bright sunshine, with a rainbow across the middle. Weird British weather is weird...

Edit to add a second rant. More strike days forecast on my local rail network and one of those is a day I teach. Gah.

100% with you there - bring the Spring!!! British weather seriously needs to calm down, or at least make its mind up about what it wants to do.

And my complaint as of this moment is that I just tried to refill the converter in my fountain pen with tiger balm... Y'know, because a small, hexagonal pot of orange matter is clearly very easily confused with a pretty big, rectangular pot of dark blue ink. :|

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: February 10, 2019, 06:31:12 AM »
My diet motivation is absolutely zero today. :pout: I don't feel like exercising, and I want to eat EVERYTHING. I haven't lost a single pound since last week. I know that's completely normal, I know there are hundreds of factors that can make a difference, I know it's not supposed to go fast, I know I just have to keep it up. I just get grouchy and demotivated if I don't lose a kilo every week.

Oh well, I did grow up since my last diet (which was six years ago). Back then I would have considered it ruined and I would have pigged out. Now I just ate a scoop of chocolate spread and behave for the rest of the day. :P

For the record: I have a cheat day every week, so it's not like I'm being too hard on myself or anything. I could never cut out chocolate entirely! But today is not my cheat day. :lookround:

He knows that they're the fool...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal