collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467631 times)

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #1215 on: November 27, 2018, 02:14:23 PM »
The headphones I ordered on Amazon (Prime two day) are now lost due to their in-house shipping. Have had problems with them before. Called them about getting a replacement and was told I couldn't because they were through a third party seller. Never mind that said seller was Amazon approved. So I got a refund and contacted the seller, just want my headphones. The crappy part is they're no longer on sale (Black Friday sale) and I can't afford them at regular price. I just wanted my headphones, they were the only Black Friday thing I was after.

Went to the library to browse for books to cheer me up and came home with an armful.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1216 on: November 27, 2018, 03:44:20 PM »
So just a summation of my experiences commuting into London so far this term...

Dear Suburban London Rail Network (who shall remain currently unnamed)

Please remember that this thing exists called "time". Time works by adding minutes in a chronological order. Your main role is to get your "trains" to match up as closely as possible to the "time" that appears on the timetable. 5.42 is not the same thing as 5.54 or "Delayed". 10.06 is not the same thing as 10.11.

If you are going to not stop at certain stations, maybe announce that fact. There is not a lot of point in announcing that the train that was going to London has changed and is now going to London.

If trains are leaving stations on time and then getting delayed by congestion going into London, maybe it's not absolutely necessary for certain stations to have trains every 2 seconds, causing a queue and a delay for everyone else.

Don't cut trains stopping at my station at short notice in order to pander to those people with trains that come every 2 seconds. I need to travel too.

Please do not put 5 car trains on a 10 car route at rush hour. That's just nonsense.

Please do not do maintenance on weekends if you can't finish it by Monday morning rush hour.

Please don't advertise a delay compensation service when in reality in order to claim any kind of delay repay you not only need to give your oyster card number but your entire personal name and address, email, phone number, bank details and sundry other private information which has nothing to do with the network and which would doubtless result in unwanted spam.

Please negotiate with your striking workers. They are striking for a reason.

Finally, if you can't provide a decent service, don't compound the issue by sending ticket inspectors down the train to block the aisle just as I need to get off.

Dear Unnamed London Station run by aforementioned network of doom:

Please at least attempt to put your trains up on the departures board in order of when they are MEANT to arrive, rather than the order in which they are actually arriving. (These should actually be the same thing but apparently we're not at that level yet).

Please do put all trains up on the departure board, not just the ones you know the location of. Its not great to lose whole trains and not know well enough where they are to even announce them, but it is hard to catch a train if there are no trains advertised to your location and yet they are still running anyway. If this didn't happen, running would not occur on the platform.

Please don't allow dogs to urinate on platforms. I mean, seriously. At rush hour? Does nobody police that kind of thing? You can hire a hawk to 'scare' the pigeons but you can't hold dog owners responsible for their animals?

Furthermore, if a train is delayed, please do not create a stampede by platforming the next one before the earlier one arrives.

If the earlier one actually does arrive, announce it before the stampede happens so that people can get on it and thus not be squashed to death on the train ride home.

With thanks,
Sincerely,

Taffeta
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 03:46:25 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: November 28, 2018, 05:31:47 PM »
The cat spilled  soda all over my bed, so I had to wash all the stuff on my bed.  At least they missed my laptop.   :pout:

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: November 30, 2018, 10:29:25 AM »
It's so cold in this house that I can't move my fingers with enough finesse to practice picking on the guitar. I've managed to get some strumming done but ugh, I should not have to decide between playing music and not freezing to death!

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: November 30, 2018, 03:37:26 PM »
A customer tired to help me with shopping carts again, hello to bruised knee and shin. As well as pulling a muscle in my leg.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1220 on: November 30, 2018, 06:25:30 PM »
I'm in so much pain :sad:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: November 30, 2018, 10:37:17 PM »
Train again.

Yesterday I skipped the first train to buy some food to take back with me. My reward was a delay to the second train caused by a faulty door to my carriage which meant moving carriages. Although this had a bonus because there was this horrible woman sitting next to me.

It's already really not good manners in London to sit next to someone if there are free seats where you don't have to do that, but she just plunked herself down next to me. She then proceeds to take off her boots and get herself and her bag comfortable, shoving me up against the window twice with no apology. Then she phones someone to whine at them about the fact they're not dropping their entire life to rush to get her at the other end. This all before the train left the station. Given that, moving carriages was a relief...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: December 01, 2018, 12:52:54 AM »
Of course I had to get sick as soon as December starts >_< I was so ready to be happy and excited for Christmas today. Hopefully I'll be well enough to decorate my room tomorrow, at least...

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: December 01, 2018, 01:31:08 PM »
Trying to decide on a color scheme for a Rarity Carousel I want to customize.  Can't decide between a darker "night" theme (midnight blue/white accents) or something with shades of green or just making it pastel pink/blue/purple instead of the garish shades it comes in.

I swear, picking the colors for any project is what takes me the longest.

Offline Miniature Sheep

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: December 02, 2018, 04:24:11 AM »
Trying to decide on a color scheme for a Rarity Carousel I want to customize.  Can't decide between a darker "night" theme (midnight blue/white accents) or something with shades of green or just making it pastel pink/blue/purple instead of the garish shades it comes in.

I swear, picking the colors for any project is what takes me the longest.

Very relatable! It takes me far too long to decide on the colours for anything - there are too many good combinations out there! The midnight theme sounds really nice, it'd work well with Rarity's colour scheme too, I reckon. :)

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: December 03, 2018, 06:08:33 AM »
Have absolutely no idea what I'm meant to be teaching the first years tomorrow.

This because the convener accidentally gave them one class too many on the schedule. It is now fixed but last week at short notice I was told to cover a particular subject (short notice being 2 minutes before class) and didn't know whether we'd have class time to come back to it. So now have nothing really to teach tomorrow.

Also the one day I have to look over my thesis draft this week, the hall of residence has scheduled fire alarm checks.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Miniature Sheep

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: December 03, 2018, 11:15:52 AM »
I think I might have accidentally re-pierced one of my ears this morning, didn't even realise it had closed up at the back!  :whoa:

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: December 03, 2018, 11:36:13 AM »
I think I might have accidentally re-pierced one of my ears this morning, didn't even realise it had closed up at the back!  :whoa:

I did that a couple of times. My ears had issues though, hypersensitivity and studs didn't work so they healed up now :/

I just had a phone rant at my father because he managed to somehow overlook one of my plants when he was doing the watering.

While I accept that he is plantsitting while I am in London, my plants are my pets. And this one was a rescue plant that I brought home from the garden centre because it was not as pretty as the others and was being neglected.

I feel so bad for it, with all the others getting watered and it not. Whether it is still alive or not is currently uncertain. Dad (who is actually pretty upset about it, he does like plants and is generally good with them) is doing his best to revive it, but I just feel like what was the point in rescuing it if it was just going to suffer again?

I've always rescued plants since I was a kid and quite often the ones I rescue I manage to revive. I used to rescue all the pricked out seedlings my Dad wanted to discard when I was about three years old, because I felt sorry for them. I'd plant them and they'd turn into great plants to the point my Dad now doesn't discard seedlings when he plants them because a: he knows I will just adopt them all and b: they end up the best plants anyway so what's the point.

So to think of a plant I rescued being put in that situation makes me really upset. :(
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1228 on: December 05, 2018, 11:28:56 AM »
There were people behind me in the self scan aisle. I hate when people are waiting behind me, it kicks my anxiety into high gear and I get all panicked and paranoid.

I wanted a Dr. Pepper from the cold case when I was done with the rest of my groceries so I hurried to grab one. Didn't see I had grabbed Cherry flavor :( I hate cherry flavored stuff (but like actual cherries). I'm bummed and feel dumb about it.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: December 05, 2018, 07:19:07 PM »
My spell checker has decided anything ending as a plural, or with the litter S is wrong, and must die. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal