collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467685 times)

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #1200 on: November 21, 2018, 05:43:02 PM »
While doing the dishes I somehow managed to smack my thumb on the side of the sink. My nail bent backwards. It's been like an hour and a half and it still hurts!

Your finger, my toe. My right big toe finally decided to lose it's nail last night. It doesn't hurt, just looks funky. It's been fixing to do this for about a month. Am going to be on my feet all day tomorrow, helping cook etc. So I called the nurse hotline to get care tips, seriously toe? seriously

I've done my fair share of retail through the winter holidays and I don't wish it on anyone. It's a soul-sucking slog from October to January. Because of that, I'm always mindful of the folks working while I shop.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1201 on: November 23, 2018, 01:54:13 PM »
Brain has officially entered hibernation. It's a little late this year thanks to how much sun we had in October, but the string of dark and rainy days is having a major impact on my energy levels :/ So inconvenient...

Plus the key that the department had ordered for me for the office doesn't work, and my convener didn't leave his key, so I got stuck in the outer office again. Sigh...

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: November 23, 2018, 02:50:34 PM »
I have a fear of being trapped in an elevator. I still use them but it makes me nervous. My mom has recently decided that it’s really funny that I don’t like elevators. We were in an elevator together this week and she laughed the whole time because I get nervous in them,

I’m sorry you got locked out of the  office Taffeta. I’m always  surprised how people in charge of making sure you can get in to an office/classroom can  forget to unlock doors or make sure you have a working key.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1203 on: November 23, 2018, 09:18:53 PM »
Last year I think I complained somewhere around here of Black Friday starting too early.. it was worse this year. As we don't celebrate Thanksgiving there's not really an official starting point, my storechain has had different offers ever since Halloween was over, starting with Singles Week, two weeks of "SneakPeaks" and now Black Weekend. Every new campaign offering added deals. My brain has officially entered sleepmode because of the craze.

To make matters worse, I woke up 5:20 today because of a dream I had of work.. I was so filled with adrenaline I couldn't go back to sleep so went up and stepped on cat vomit first thing.. In the bathroom I remembered I had put some cleaners in the toilet before I went to bed so decided to use the brush and clean it off.. of course toilet water splashed allover me. So I had to take a shower and began cleaning it while being in it.. continued to clean the entire bathroom before even 6 am a saturday morning. I'm working today and tomorrow as well. So on the brightside, maybe the kitchen will get some deepcleaning tomorrow? :lol:

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: November 24, 2018, 05:16:51 AM »
Someone barged in on me while I was in a fitting room today - it's a good job I'd just finished putting my clothes back on, really! I'm not a prude by any means but A - noone, and I mean noone gets a piece of this action without my say-so and B - would it have killed her to ask "Is someone in there?" before just barging on in through the curtain? Yeesh! :shocked:

Offline Harmonie

• Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: November 24, 2018, 12:00:36 PM »
Work weekends go by too fast. Just glad I got to have Thanksgiving off.

Someone barged in on me while I was in a fitting room today - it's a good job I'd just finished putting my clothes back on, really! I'm not a prude by any means but A - noone, and I mean noone gets a piece of this action without my say-so and B - would it have killed her to ask "Is someone in there?" before just barging on in through the curtain? Yeesh! :shocked:

Reminds me of the time someone barged in on me in a public restroom. The worst part is that it was a very small bathroom and the toilet was facing the door, meaning... so was I. D:

The door was locked, the lock just didn't work. Funny, I still frequent that restaurant and those bathrooms have been turned into janitorial closets or something. I think it happened not too long after that.

|My Collection|

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: November 24, 2018, 03:09:08 PM »

That kind of thing is my worst nightmare >< Albeit what Harmonie said is a level beyond that. *shudders* personal space people.

@Beldarna  - it annoys me that Black Friday is now a thing here in the UK as well. I have nothing against it in its original cultural setting because in the US it makes sense - but it really doesn't mean anything here except stores finding another way to make people buy things they don't need. Our Christmas shopping period has already begun anyway and they now do "Black Friday Week" which is just self-contradictory. I wish they'd stop with it tbh. It's an American tradition, not a British one.

<--also has been known to clean areas of my room at odd times in the morning, or do laundry....
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline StrawberrySundance

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: November 25, 2018, 06:49:34 PM »
Turns out I don't have much of a choice with college :/ which kinda sucks, but I guess I don't have long, we finish quite early for the summer holidays compared to school kids plus the Christmas holidays are just around the corner, so I guess I have to stay strong!

Also, it's not really a complaint it's more of a 'why'- The prices some people are putting the Kevin the Carrot toys up on eBay for this year are ridiculous although some of the descriptions had me laughing so hard XD
I can't believe people had lined up at Aldi and fought over a cuddly carrot toy :facepalm:
You'd think black Friday was bad, just wait until Aldi releases Kevin XD

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1208 on: November 26, 2018, 03:56:29 AM »
I finally got my PS4 hooked up, fix the settings, ect. I make my spot all comfy ready to play RDR2 and... it has to copy the game data? WTF is the point of having a physical disc if it needs to copy to the HDD?

So now I gotta wait over an hour to play. And it's on 2 discs so I assume I'll need to copy the second also? Oh and of course it had to download and install updates as soon as I turned the system on.

You know, sometimes I wish it was like the pre-digital days and I could just shove in a game or a movie and it would start immediately.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: November 26, 2018, 08:05:02 AM »
I finally got my PS4 hooked up, fix the settings, ect. I make my spot all comfy ready to play RDR2 and... it has to copy the game data? WTF is the point of having a physical disc if it needs to copy to the HDD?

So now I gotta wait over an hour to play. And it's on 2 discs so I assume I'll need to copy the second also? Oh and of course it had to download and install updates as soon as I turned the system on.

You know, sometimes I wish it was like the pre-digital days and I could just shove in a game or a movie and it would start immediately.

Like you I've got Crash Bandicoot N.San Trilogy for the XBOX ONE, I've got to wait till it installs it and update it.

Had to delete some games on my Nintendo 2DS to play Fire Emblem Heros.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: November 26, 2018, 09:04:07 AM »

You'd think black Friday was bad, just wait until Aldi releases Kevin XD
OMG I know. Insane. I mean the adverts are cute, but seriously...?

...Only in Britain could people fight over a plush carrot.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: November 26, 2018, 11:20:53 AM »
...and the next day I went to my local Aldi and they had ALL the carrots, including the jumbo Kevin, available for sale.

Todays vent:
firstly, having to go into town, pay £4 to park, to buy white tights (pantyhose) for my kid for her angel costume at school - because the local shops only have the wintery colours of grey, navy and black.

then - as I was on limited time - so had to drive - when I finally get there, people are just walking around like zombies in the shops and the high-street. I had a mission to complete and these folks were just getting in my way!!

then - Entertainer not having any G1 on their shelves  :mad: I wanted some pony eye-candy therapy!

finally - feeling oh so tired this evening, and cold and sensitive... a hot cup of tea and an early night are called for!

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: November 26, 2018, 12:21:30 PM »

Same here, this digital nonsense is a pain in the backside! I got the Spyro remakes and had to wait about 45 minutes for it to download and install 17gb worth of data before I could play them. Not ideal for a quick bit of fun after work. Turns out only the first game is on the disc and the other two were the downloads, so if there's someone out there without an internet connection, they're scuppered! If this move towards digital stuff is meant to make things more convenient, then it's failed. Wildly. :/

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: November 26, 2018, 01:37:00 PM »

then - Entertainer not having any G1 on their shelves  :mad: I wanted some pony eye-candy therapy!

Maybe the staff member you spoke to got to them first!

My hypochondriac tooth is misbehaving again. Every time I take it to the dentist they say it's fine. But it doesn't agree. It's such a spoiled brat. Sigh.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: November 26, 2018, 01:55:44 PM »
My holiday cards are ready to go and I have no stamps.  :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal