collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467602 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #870 on: July 25, 2018, 11:10:54 AM »
Not only do we still have killer rip currents but now there's red tide.

I haven't been to the beach at all this year :mad:

edit: New paaaaaage :shakefist:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #871 on: July 25, 2018, 01:14:44 PM »
I tried to suffer through my cold and ended up having to go home because I couldn't bear standing up.
Now that I'm in bed I feel like I could go in.
When I stand up, I feel terrible and have to lay down.
And then I feel like I could run a marathon...
Pick a mood, body! :drunk:

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: July 25, 2018, 04:11:34 PM »
My air conditioning is broken.  :hot: :hot: :hot:

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: July 25, 2018, 05:43:18 PM »
The TV keeps interrupting programming for weather alerts (none of which apply to the county I live in). The beeping that occurs when these alerts pop up is driving my dog nuts. Each time she'll whine, then get up and run. I think she expects to find the source of the beeps if she looks out the window.

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #874 on: July 26, 2018, 04:00:30 AM »
It's way too warm to live without airconditioning D: It's going to be 36 degrees celsius (mind you that we're not used to such temperatures at all) tomorrow and northern europe is on fire right now.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #875 on: July 26, 2018, 04:30:24 AM »
It's way too warm to live without airconditioning D: It's going to be 36 degrees celsius (mind you that we're not used to such temperatures at all) tomorrow and northern europe is on fire right now.

The UK is being predicted 38 on Friday. And to be utterly helpful, the tabloids are reporting it in Fareinheit, a measurement that the majority of the population don't learn in school and therefore don't understand. Proof the target audience for said papers are over 60...

I am staying in London a few days more because although it is hotter here than at home, my room here has airconditioning...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #876 on: July 26, 2018, 06:37:45 AM »

The UK is being predicted 38 on Friday. And to be utterly helpful, the tabloids are reporting it in Fareinheit, a measurement that the majority of the population don't learn in school and therefore don't understand. Proof the target audience for said papers are over 60...

I am staying in London a few days more because although it is hotter here than at home, my room here has airconditioning...

Oof, well the 36 degrees is for the coast.  The rest is 36-38 too. Why Fahrenheit though? The UK uses Celsius right?
Airconditioning will definetely save you tomorrow!

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: July 26, 2018, 09:03:18 AM »
So :hot: we've got the air cooler in the living room and Honey is laying beside it.

Plus my orders from Japan are coming in August, and the liquid fusion glue is taking a long time to dispatch from the USA.

I need Dexter Charming dolls to make some more anime characters.

Plus I goofed up in A.O.T 2, by asking Mike/Miche what does Erwin Smith smell like (Mike's nose can smell Titans)

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: July 26, 2018, 11:17:51 AM »

Oof, well the 36 degrees is for the coast.  The rest is 36-38 too. Why Fahrenheit though? The UK uses Celsius right?
Airconditioning will definetely save you tomorrow!

We do use Celsius. We have a weird mix of imperial and metric across lots of different measurement systems here (eg miles and yet metres xD) but Celsius is one of those that is generally widely accepted.

BUT the change happened about 50 years ago.  I am assuming as the papers reporting it are also the pro-Brexit papers, and the majority of pro-Brexit people are older/retired...that's the reason why. Who knows, maybe it's another covert way of rebelling against the EU (sighs).

I think in any case we can agree that temperatures are insane. We're getting news here telling us this is gonna be the norm going forward and by 2030 we might have regular temperatures of 40 in the summer.

...at which point I move to Iceland.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: July 26, 2018, 11:43:23 AM »

I think in any case we can agree that temperatures are insane. We're getting news here telling us this is gonna be the norm going forward and by 2030 we might have regular temperatures of 40 in the summer.

At which point I would have already got air-con installed in my house, been meaning to do it for years, I can't even have the window wide open at night as TWICE I have had to shoo away a curious cat trying to jump in!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: July 26, 2018, 11:47:54 AM »

At which point I would have already got air-con installed in my house, been meaning to do it for years, I can't even have the window wide open at night as TWICE I have had to shoo away a curious cat trying to jump in!

Oh wow, a surprising midnight visit!
The one night I spent at my friend's family's flat in Rehovot in May, I had to keep the doors and window closed (and had a crying ginger cat outside my door trying to get in all night) even though it was really quite warm...

I didn't think that 38 degree temperatures would end up in the UK as well this year ><
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: July 26, 2018, 11:53:47 AM »
Hehe, I'm just waiting for the floods and rainstorms in September, a heatwave at Christmas and snow flurries in April next year...

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: July 26, 2018, 01:52:59 PM »
Day four of a six-day run of 101-105F temperatures, yesterday was 108F! It means the overnight temperatures are only in the low to mid 70sF. My wall unit AC has been going for bust, it only cools one room so I've been living in front of it.

I felt so lazy sleeping in this morning but I didn't have to go out, my errands are going to be tonight. Working my day around the heat feels so odd. Up early tomorrow to cram as much as I can before it gets too hot. Which for me is low 90s but that's 'cool' right now. :hot:

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: July 26, 2018, 02:20:13 PM »
Hehe, I'm just waiting for the floods and rainstorms in September, a heatwave at Christmas and snow flurries in April next year...

Where I live that already happens! This last April it snowed and actually accumulated. One year it was 30C on the day after Christmas. And rainstorms in September? Very common.

|My Collection|

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: July 26, 2018, 02:24:40 PM »

I'm going on holiday in September to Great Yarmouth, for a week (Saturday to Saturday). I hope it doesn't rain.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal