collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467654 times)

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #720 on: May 31, 2018, 07:16:13 PM »
I took the bus with a plan to go to the doctor's office for some routine bloodwork. With all the stops, having to get off at the station, boarding a second bus, and going to the medical center, it was meant to be a ~50 minute trip each way. But it didn't work out that way:

10:47a.m.: I arrived at my nearest bus stop
10:59 a.m.: Board first bus to station
11:39a.m.: Arrive at station to board second bus
11:45a.m.: 6 minutes past when bus is due and it hasn't arrived
12:10p.m.: Bus has now missed it's second trip to the station
12:30p.m.: I get advised by another driver the buses are short-staffed, and that he'd do the route I was taking after his current route.
1:45 p.m.: I give up waiting and take the bus for my route back home.
2:06p.m.: Get dropped off back at the stop near my house.
So ~3 hours spent just to go to a medical office located 15 minutes away by car, and I only got as far as half my trip.

Luckily, my mom drove me later to get my bloodwork, but what about the people who rely on the bus to get to/from work?

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: June 01, 2018, 07:33:48 AM »
I bought this nice candle I had been eyeballing for a while (see spoiler). When I got home, I wanted to take the foil off the glass, turns out, the image is ON the foil. Seriously? :pout:

I paid €2,99 for the dang candle. For that price I expect the image to be on the GLASS. If I had known, I never would have paid that much for it, especially since it smells like hell, lol. I only bought it to burn it up as quicky as possible, so I could put a regular tealight in it.

Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: June 01, 2018, 12:56:37 PM »
Cottonwood pollen, I am not allergic, but that stuff makes a huge mess, and clogs things.  :enraged:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: June 01, 2018, 07:51:22 PM »
Our bathroom wall caved in while my sister was taking a shower. Luckily she's okay, but we have a gaping hole in our shower now. The drywall is just shot, it's completely rotted. It's the landlord's fault for not keeping it up to standard though so thankfully he has to take care of it and it won't be coming out of our pocket. But it's still kind of annoying and freaky to have your wall cave in haha.

That must have scared the you-know-what outta her! I'm glad she wasn't hurt, and that she doesn't hafta pay for it.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #724 on: June 03, 2018, 07:23:20 AM »
My dog Amber located a fledged Blue Tit that was on the ground hiding in the garden. Little Bird is VERY lucky it was Amber and neither of the other two because one is a known mouse and newt killer and the other doesn't like birds. She sniffed at him a bit but left him alone. So now I just have to keep the dogs out of their favourite place until the bird leaves! Hope its soon!

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #725 on: June 03, 2018, 11:13:00 PM »
I bought a USB cooler & warmer to help my teacup keep the heat of my tea. I had been eyeing it forseveral months now at work and as I never took a return of it I thought it would be good. Nope, tea still gets cold despite the thing being warm.. Not sure if it is the teacup that is wrong or what and I am contemplaiting if I should return it but with the staff discount it was so cheap and maybe the cooler will work to keep my water chilled instead?

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: June 04, 2018, 03:01:58 AM »
I left my watch in the pocket of my work trousers and put them in the wash. Good job it was only a cheap watch, really! I don't think it's going to work now seeing as there's water sloshing around under the face and I can't get it out... :blink:

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: June 04, 2018, 12:43:33 PM »
I ordered a dvd player new, I wound up with a defective one.  So I had to get a replacement one.

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: June 04, 2018, 01:04:08 PM »
Why are play dolls at Goodwill naked? Do they shuck their clothes off before putting them out? Is it just my store..it's so frustrating. Find a doll I like and she's butt naked. When I find one with clothes it's one I'm not collecting for, just my luck.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: June 04, 2018, 02:03:58 PM »
We started the Summer Reading Program today.  In the first hour we signed up more than 200 kids and they've been coming pretty steadily all day.  :faint:

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: June 04, 2018, 02:17:00 PM »
Why are play dolls at Goodwill naked? Do they shuck their clothes off before putting them out? Is it just my store..it's so frustrating. Find a doll I like and she's butt naked. When I find one with clothes it's one I'm not collecting for, just my luck.

I see that all the time at my local salvation army store, like is there a secret dolls clothes cult I dont know about?

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: June 04, 2018, 04:26:33 PM »

I see that all the time at my local salvation army store, like is there a secret dolls clothes cult I dont know about?

Glad to know I'm not the only one with this problem. And it's all different sizes, nobody is safe.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #732 on: June 05, 2018, 08:52:01 AM »

Glad to know I'm not the only one with this problem. And it's all different sizes, nobody is safe.

More worrying still is when they're half dressed and the clothing they do have on is way too big. It makes you wonder what they get up to when the store is shut.

Last doll I picked up from a charity shop was a Sunset Shimmer doll and she was wearing really baggy barbie trousers and nothing else. No wonder she looked so startled...

And it is just stores, because the last 4 EQG dolls I picked up from carboot sales were all fully dressed, mostly in their own original clothing!

Spent £21 today to have the dentist tell me my tooth is a hypochondriac. It's good to know it has no infection, but a root filled tooth should not be sensitive to hot and cold...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: June 05, 2018, 02:21:48 PM »
I dropped by my local wall mart, once again the claw games are garbage, I did win one plush. However they used to be sooo much better.   :pout: :pout: :pout:

Also the my little pony section has been taken over by those pick me lollipop animal plush.   :pout: :enraged: All that was left was a barely two foot wide mostly empty, cardboard display full of air. 

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #734 on: June 05, 2018, 02:43:47 PM »
Had to take our bunny to the vet, she's staying overnight for tests (has kidney stones but need the test results to see how best to proceed for treatment). Seeing her empty pen at home is so strange.

Not to mention the bill (and just when we thought things were settled).
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal