collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Weightloss / Active Lifestyle Arena Support Group - Come Share Your Story  (Read 7171 times)

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
Mirnyj - I would love to go hiking in an area similar to that picture. It's one of the things I miss about where my husband and I moved from. Starting with steps is a great way to get motivated, every little bit counts. It really is about having self control and a wonderful way to implement that is with what you're doing, smaller portions and less snacking. I think you're off to a great start, and this thread is great for motivation :)

ponycake - With how busy everyone is, convenience really is everything. It can make all the difference in the world as to whether or not you'll be successful, so it's great that you've found a gym close by and someone to work out with that will keep you motivated :)

I'm still sticking to my healthy lifestyle change. I've continued to workout daily with the following schedule:
Monday to Friday - 80 minutes gazelle, 1 hour walking
Saturday - 90 minutes cycling, 2 hours walking
Sunday - 90 minutes walking

That seems to be working for me, although I seem to have plateaued on my weight loss at 80 lbs lost. I'm not complaining though, I'm proud of how far I've come and how much effort I've put in so far. I think I'm struggling with eating enough food vs exercising. It's all about finding the right balance again, which will take some time tweaking things but once I get a handle on that I'm sure I'll be well on my way to my 100 lbs lost goal :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Weightloss / Active Lifestyle Arena Support Group - Come Share Your Story
« Reply #91 on: September 04, 2015, 05:31:44 AM »
Wow, I can't believe it's been almost a month since anyone has posted in this thread :lol:

So, I'm at 85 lbs lost now, only 15 lbs away from my original goal, which is awesome :biggrin:

However, I seem to be struggling with my weight for the past 1.5 weeks. No matter what I do, regardless of what I eat and how I work out, my scale insists that I'm gaining weight. I was at 87 lbs lost, and have since gained 2 lbs back and I haven't the faintest idea why. I know that muscle weighs more than fat, but I can't see it making that big of a difference. I also know that weight fluctuates on a daily basis, so I'm trying not to fret about it. I'll admit, I was extremely depressed this morning when I saw the number :pout: Of course, my husband (always my cheerleader and the positive one) was like trying to soothe me and continued to tell me how it wasn't a big deal, weight fluctuates, it's perfectly normal and I should be so proud of how much I've accomplished so far. I'm still going to :pout: about it though.

Regardless, it's still 5 lbs lost since I last wrote in this thread, so I can't complain too much.

How is everyone else coming along in their weightloss/healthier selves journey?

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #92 on: September 04, 2015, 05:48:02 AM »
Everyone is doing so amazing! Seriously you guys are such an inspiration :) Keep up the great work, MikeysGrrrl! Seriously 85 lbs?!?! That is astounding!!

I started doing the Insanity program with my fiance last Friday. The program is very appropriately named! :silly: But it's going well. I don't see any differences in my body so far aside from the fact I don't get as sore from the work outs, which is good. I am really hoping I see results as nothing I ever do seems to work exercise-wise. If this Insanity doesn't work I am seriously going to see a doctor or nutritionist or something. xD
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 04, 2015, 06:40:34 PM »
I've lost 28 pounds since I started my weight loss venture in June.  I still have 90 pounds to go in reaching my goal body weight. I'm happy that my clothes feel bigger and my face and waist are smaller. I know I've lost 15 inches total.

MG have you measured yourself? Sometimes with muscle and water weight the scale is high, so going by inches is a better way to track loss:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 07, 2015, 08:01:25 PM »
I haven't had much time for exercising like I used to, but I've been eating better and I've been active just due to being busy.  When I went in for the most recent fitting for my wedding dress, the seamstress had to take in a total of 8 inches! :shocked: That means I've lost something during the summer.

Now that we have some exercise equipment set up in the new house, I'll try to get back into a routine.  I've been wanting to go out walking, but the heat is just too much...that's what the treadmill is for, I guess!
Instagram / Want List

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 16, 2015, 04:09:11 AM »
MonstarNomNom, wow! That is a crazy workout to remain dedicated to, so I give you mad props for hanging in there! I'm sure you will see results soon.

MoonbeamStar, congrats on your weightloss as well, 8" being taken in is awesome!

Maddie, congrats on losing 28 lbs so far! That's awesome news :)

When I first started this journey I never took my measurements :blush: However I did start taking them after I'd been doing this for 2 months, sure enough I checked them and although the scale wasn't showing a loss, the measuring tape was :biggrin: I've lost 32.5" since I started measuring myself, which makes me feel great!

I can't complain about my lack of weight loss anymore, since it's kicked back in again  :yippee: I've lost another 5 lbs since I last posted, so I'm at 90 lbs lost now, which is AMAZING! Only 10 more lbs to go until I hit the big goal that I set for myself.

I want to thank everyone here for all of your support and encouragement :grouphug: Everyone here is doing so amazing, you guys should be giving yourselves a pat on the back. You deserve it!

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #96 on: September 18, 2015, 05:03:32 AM »
OMG, congrats MikeysGrrrl!! Thank is absolutely amazing!!  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: You are such an inspiration! :lovey: Do you have anything awesome planned for when you reach your big goal? If not, you must definitely do something to reward yourself! That is such a huge accomplishment :)

I am finally starting so see some results from Insanity. They are subtle, but I noticed my jeggings were fitting slightly looser than they used to. I also just feel so much better about myself and my confidence has improved some. Taking care of your body can really have such a big, positive impact on your emotional state, not just your physical appearance :) Cannot wait to hear more about all of your journeys, everyone! :frolic:
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Offline Vintageg2

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Love G2
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 18, 2015, 05:41:40 AM »
Since I am currently on exchange to Scotland I decided to sign up for a students sports card, I am starting this afternoon  :help: I haven't been working out for like 4 years (at least not something that counts, I have been trying to run now and then but never got the hang of it). I am hoping that I can get in shape, I don't need to lose weight but I just want to be active. I am sure your stories will help me to stay motivated, let's do this :)

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2016, 11:05:50 PM »
Can I still breathe life into this?
How is everyone doing with healthy eating and being more active?

I got my diet in check first and cut out all the garbage over time (starting with just my favorite thing, Mountain Dew. Then cookies, eventually no fast food, etc).

Then I decided to do my own challenge.... 5 days a week going to the gym and working out a full hour (just cardio, anything else is extra over my hour if I feel like it). I basically wanted a picture of day one and then a picture a month later.

Even though most days I groan and drag myself there, I get into it quick and it's amazing and I already see a big difference in pictures! Some difference after a week, and 3 weeks later I see a bigger difference. Pretty cool. And the difference from 6 months ago? Crazy.

I read before you shouldn't post/share your goals anywhere because you're less likely to do them then (or something), so I kept it totally private. Coming up on the end of my month. And I won't share my next goal. :P

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Vintageg2

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Love G2
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 17, 2016, 03:01:50 AM »
Since three weeks I started to go to the gym 2 times a week for 2 hours (instead of once a week for an hour). I have a schedule made by my trainer with different kinds of exercises and 45 minutes of cardio. I really enjoy it but now I got the flu so I cannot go and this bothers me.. I am glad that my condition did not dramatically improve since I started to go to the gym more often because when I get better I probably need to start over again..
But I am determined to keep up the good work  :P
Looks like your doing great Ponycake!!

Offline Prince_Sunbeam

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 17, 2016, 06:52:02 AM »
Joining in now!
I started on a diet about a week ago, my long term goal is loose and keep off 40lbs (so I'll probably try to lose about 60 before I loosen up on my restrictions to allow for some gain) I don't have any desire to add exercise per say but I do intend to get into a healthier morning routine that includes yoga as the seasons get sunnier and I'm able to wake up earlier. Currently Im just using an app to track my calories, and trying to make healthy choices. I usually do pretty well the first month or so, so its always long term thats tougher. I've yoyo'd this weight twice already in the past 5 years, though Im currently at my heaviest due to stressful life changes the past 2 years. Time to take action!  :)
I'll be checking in on my weight loss this afternoon, I'd guess Ive lost a few pounds. One day I was down 2 but the next day up another 1.5 but the body fluctuates up to 2lbs a day anyhow so its really hard to say.

I read before you shouldn't post/share your goals anywhere because you're less likely to do them then (or something), so I kept it totally private. Coming up on the end of my month. And I won't share my next goal. :P

I feel that is true for me in many of my life goals. For me its like, the more I talk about it out loud, the more I can pretend Im doing it, instead of actually doing it!
I think for me in this more so anonymous forum it's less likely to have that effect, I hope!
Back after at least 4 years away!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #101 on: February 17, 2016, 03:05:52 PM »
OK I'm back in lovely ponies.  Such inspiring stories!

I have lost a dress size since I first posted in this thread and my new aim is to lose another one through things like being less stressed, cutting down on carbs and exercising more to tone up.  I have not found dieting helps for me much in the past but hanging around with my bf does because I lose my apetite lol.  Plus he hardly eats any carbs so my meals at his tend to be small.  So I have to concede that I have been eating less.  But I have also cut out a lot of carbs when I'm by myself.  I find carbs in the morning give me energy and at night they do help me sleep, but I've been trying to eat high protein in the morning instead (eggs, bacon, avocado) and have a magnesium and fruit juice shake instead although I know that a high fructose drink isn't ideal.  I've also been trying to listen to my body and not eat because I'm stressed.  I usually eat larger meals and have further helpings if I'm stressed, because I think it will calm me down/be enjoyable but it actually makes me more stressed and my digestion is poor. Instead I've found it better to not eat at all and have a chocolate flavoured protein shake instead.  Also eating little every 4 hours is something I've picked up from my bf.  Weird but again seems to be working for me.  I should also point out that I almost rarely drink soda, eat processed snacks or drink alcohol which I think helps.  Sometimes I go to the pub and have pork scratchings and beer, or have coke if I need to survive the day on hardly any sleep, but it's not on top of lots of other food any more.

Sometimes I need reminding what I should be doing so this is really helpful.  I'm currently a UK size 16 and need to get down to a 14 and tone up in time for summer. 
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 17, 2016, 06:37:06 PM »
I've kept off the initial 22 pounds I lost last March, so now I'm motivated to lose the last 30 pounds.

Exercise isn't my problem (I've exercised 6 days a week since I was in college, so yeah.  It's a solid habit by now!)

Last week I cut out all refined sugar.  The first two days were the hardest, but after that, not so much.  And I've lost 3 pounds, so this kick start feels great!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 06:38:47 PM by ashes »

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline joce

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 19, 2016, 10:31:34 AM »
Don't think I ever posted in here!

I've yo-yo'd for years with my weight from 150 in high school to 300 when I had my son. It did NOT come off after I had him. Have been worked up for thyroid issues and while I am occasionally borderline it is fine other times. Prolactin level occasionally high and have pcos. Met with nutritionist last time while pregnant and said I was going to go low carb after I had my son jokingly because two people I worked with both lost 100 plus lbs and kept it off. She said she didn't reccomend it period-but for people with pcos it was sometimes the only thing that really worked because calories in/calories out doesn't or I would be thin.

Started end of July after putting it off and I am generally floating around 215 right now. Really less than seven months. No more extra exercise than my normal farm work. I call it a modified adkins because I will use their snack stuff for work and did an induction period but do not in any way follow it to a T.

I don't really have a goal weight. Down from a 22 to a 16. I think 170 would be nice.  Infuriating though because I still hear if I would just eat blah blah calories I'd be thin. Just not how my body works. I have never eaten a lot. I have to force myself to eat more now.
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
-Roger Caras

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #104 on: February 21, 2016, 08:12:50 AM »
I'm posting here!  :P I'm actually under weight (126lbs at 5") yet I could loose a little bit of weight on my bottom and thighs. I also really want to get a toned tummy. I'm exercising a LOT more and eating better! I'd like to loose about 15lbs and gain some into muscle so when Im back home in Florida this summer I will look healthy. I've been eating nothing but raisin bran with hemp seeds with soy milk for lunch and breakfast, and for dinner coconut oil fried rice with organic edamame and mixed vegetables! Ive got some chocolate soy protien shakes as well! Im limiting what im eating, and its hard with all the valentines day candy I got. I limit myself to one candy a day max, soon it will be one  a week. We started jogging again and doing crunches, its hard with asthema but I can make it! :heart:

My motivation is this pair of short-shorts my dad got for me. They are some Japanese designer gray jean pants with black and white cats on them he got at Disney or something (I was 15 and didn't remember where exactly). My dad was my everything and when he died I kept those shorts and cried on them. They are a size 3 I think... they are a little too small. I unfortunetly had to leave Florida and I left that state in THOSE exact jean shorts. So I want to make my big return back home this summer- and I have GOT to come back and see my old high school friends IN THOSE SHORTZ! They used to be so big on me....

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal