collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Refilling a liquid filled/snowglobe pony? (Such as water cuties, etc)  (Read 1495 times)

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile
Has anyone figured out a way to fill these up? They're getting a little older now and the "water"/slimy stuff inside is starting to evaporate. On mine the head is soft enough to remove if heated, but the neck plug is solid plastic and part of the body - I accidentally managed to snap it in half removing the head on one of them, which made a hole into the body I could fill up with some clear hand sanitizer as a way to refill it. Was worried about reattaching it without it leaking, but it seemed super gluing the head back on kept it from leaking and I should be able to break the seal in a few years if I need to fill it again - something like resin or epoxy would probably be a better way to prevent leaking. Has anyone else experimented with these? Is pretty much breaking them the only way to refill them?

Offline MintyMyndi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Refilling a liquid filled/snowglobe pony? (Such as water cuties, etc)
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2020, 08:08:43 PM »
I'd like to know this also! I have a Pinkie Pie and Applejack with cut hair and decayed confetti who would make interesting takes on Baby Splish and Baby Splosh, with the animals floating inside! Unfortunately, there are no green Water Cuties, so a full trio with Baby Splash in the same style isn't possible. Oh well!

Hand sanitizer is good, but there are other things you can use. You can mix baby oil and food-colored water for two layers! I'm pretty sure they make liquid just for filling resin shaker charms, but I imagine it isn't cheap! It would probably be the safest bet, though.

If you want to keep the original confetti, you could strain it though some cloth.

If you are just looking to replace lost liquid, consider using a syringe so your hole isn't too big.

I hope this helps!
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2020, 08:19:07 PM »
You are supposed to use distilled water and a little glycerin.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2020, 09:07:36 PM »
Definitely heat up the plastic first. Snapped a Luna head with her plug clean off trying to fill one! Older topic with more info.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2020, 04:36:22 AM »
I'd like to know this also! I have a Pinkie Pie and Applejack with cut hair and decayed confetti who would make interesting takes on Baby Splish and Baby Splosh, with the animals floating inside! Unfortunately, there are no green Water Cuties, so a full trio with Baby Splash in the same style isn't possible. Oh well!

Rarity is clear so you could somehow paint her green if you can find clear paints or you could make the water green somehow.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2020, 08:18:13 AM »

Rarity is clear so you could somehow paint her green if you can find clear paints or you could make the water green somehow.

Model Masters makes a transparent green gloss paint.  You could use that.  Or you could try the paints they use for suncatchers.

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2020, 05:50:09 PM »
Definitely heat up the plastic first. Snapped a Luna head with her plug clean off trying to fill one! Older topic with more info.
Responding to the post in that topic since it's locked:
My Luna and Diamond Mint didn't have a hole in the neckplug, just my Celestia which I no longer have.
I got the Celestia empty off aliexpress, maybe she was some kinda fakie? Looked EXACTLY like the real one if so!

Offline MintyMyndi

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2020, 06:03:43 PM »
Responding to the post in that topic since it's locked:
My Luna and Diamond Mint didn't have a hole in the neckplug, just my Celestia which I no longer have.
I got the Celestia empty off aliexpress, maybe she was some kinda fakie? Looked EXACTLY like the real one if so!
Perhaps she was near-complete, rejected or stolen from the factory, and had a different neck peg put in to assemble her? Maybe the hole in the neck peg led to it being rejected separately, then someone put them together. Who really knows?
There have been legitimate ponies sold through Taobao and maybe Aliexpress with things like uncut bangs and lacking certain pieces and details, so it may be possible she was something of that sort. Such things are not authorized releases; essentially, they're real ponies stolen before they were finished.
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2020, 06:19:20 PM »
Aliexpress is a mixed bag for getting realsies. I think I got a Sandbar off there? I can't remember. Sandbar definitely seems legit, I'd imagine your water cutie is also...would you be able to cut the neck plug out?

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2020, 02:43:00 PM »
Aliexpress is a mixed bag for getting realsies. I think I got a Sandbar off there? I can't remember. Sandbar definitely seems legit, I'd imagine your water cutie is also...would you be able to cut the neck plug out?
I don't think so without using heat. It's made of that brittle hard "snap" plastic.

Offline vampyrefay

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Is it halloween yet?
    • View Profile
    • Canadian My Little Pony Collectors
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2020, 09:54:03 PM »

Model Masters makes a transparent green gloss paint.  You could use that.  Or you could try the paints they use for suncatchers.
Try dying the rarity, the plastic will still be transparent but green tinted
My icon is my ponysona Persephone pomegranate

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2020, 05:52:27 AM »

Try dying the rarity, the plastic will still be transparent but green tinted

They are hard plastic, not vinyl. I don't think hard plastic takes dye the same way
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2020, 06:51:22 AM »

Model Master may attack the plastic since it's solvent based, unless you get their acrylic stuff.

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2020, 12:45:04 PM »

Model Master may attack the plastic since it's solvent based, unless you get their acrylic stuff.

Yes, I was referring to the acrylics. (I probably should have specified.) I don't like enamels because they smell.   :P

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2020, 12:49:05 PM »
If your looking to do customs Minty Mindy, I'd suggest stained glass or suncatcher paints.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal