collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I got a cat! Cute pics!  (Read 564 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
I got a cat! Cute pics!
« on: October 24, 2022, 08:55:48 AM »
So as many of you know, my 19 year old cat passed away recently. I've been very lonely since. I have always wanted to adopt a senior kitty and I checked the adoptable cats from our local no-kill shelter. There was a black and white 8 year old (which really isn't old to me) who was depressed and needed a quiet place to trust people again. She doesn't like other cats, dogs or kids. She seemed perfect for me.

I put in an application early last week and needed to make an appointment to go see her. Things have been busy with the rest of my family and I would not be able to get a ride to the shelter until Wednesday maybe. I looked up Uber for Monday (today) and they wanted $38 to bring me out there. Outrageous! So I called the shelter and tried to make an appointment for Wednesday but they were having a staff meeting that day. So I decided to call back and checked Uber for that day (yesterday) and the price was only $12. Why the big difference in days I do not know.

So anyway, I called the shelter back and asked if I could come that day and they said yes, they were wide open. I reserved the Uber and away I went.

They let me in the room with all the seniors to see her. Her shelter name was/is Mrs. Albright. She was in a mood and hissed at the worker but she was able to lure her out of the cubby with wet food. I sat on the couch and talked to and petted her, but then I moved the carry case and it scared her so she ran to her cage. I brought the food over and gave it to her and started talking to the worker, asking questions, etc. That's when Mrs. Albright headbutted my hand :heart:

I think the worker was worried because I had seen her hiss at her. The worker kept saying that sometimes she gets moody but she's still very sweet. She asked if I was taking her home and I said yes :)

Here is my new kitty.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The first day (yesterday) it was hard for me to get pictures but today she showed me her belly and I snapped these. I'm thinking of calling her Aster, after the Greek word for star, not the flower. She runs to me for pets and today she was even purring. She's explored most of the apartment and knows where the food, water and litter boxes are. Her safe spot is under the recliner and she's been spending time under there. She's very skittish and she really wants to look out the windows but is afraid of the people and noise outside. I keep telling her they can't hurt her and she's safe. I'm sure she will get used to the noise after a while.

She has taken to me very well, as you can see. Cats only show their bellies as a sign of trust and she did that today already. She told me at about 7:30 this morning that she wanted breakfast so I gave her a bowl of wet food. I have always free fed dry and she ate a couple of bites but really wanted something else. She only ate a little and she hasn't used the litter box yet. I have a cat tree and have placed different kinds of beds all over, but she's staying on the ground for now. I tried to get her to come up on the bed last night but she went underneath it instead. I think she slept there.

She still gets a little spooked when I get up and walk around, she stays away from me and watches what I'm doing. If I'm sitting and I put my hand out she runs to me for pets.

I'm so happy to have a cat ^.^

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline TheClassCalico

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I got a cat! Cute pics!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2022, 09:58:23 AM »
Aw! She sounds absolutely precious. I am glad that she met you. :heart:

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2022, 10:02:05 AM »
What an adorable kitty! I love her eyes. Lucky you!
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Rainlove The Pegasus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2022, 10:14:17 AM »
Aww! She looks like a mix of my cats! I have two. I can provide a picture via pm!
Rainlove
The
Pegasus

Sig by Starscout!

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2022, 11:03:09 AM »
Aw, she’s so cute! I’m no cat expert, but it seems like she was probably over-stimulated and/or scared there. Considering the circumstances, I’d say she is warming up to you quickly. It might take her a bit of time to build complete trust, but I can tell you’re a good cat mama. She has a good home. :heart: I like the name Aster!
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2022, 03:56:29 PM »
Awesome!  Congratulations!  She’s beautiful and it’s awesome you adopted an older cat!  And I love black and white kitties!  In the vet field, people will say males are more affectionate, but I’ve always bonded more with my girls.  I currently have three indoor males, my females have passed.  I definitely want another girl one day though.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2022, 05:12:48 PM »
a kit kit!  adorable
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2022, 05:38:48 AM »
She is adorable!!! She'll take time to get used to your home & your movements, but she sounds like she's well on the way to settling in xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2022, 05:46:11 AM »
Thanks everyone! Things continue to go well. She's getting more used to the outside noises and is spending more time in the windows. Today she was up on the cat tree for a while.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2022, 09:30:04 AM »
I love that you rescued a cat who really needed someone to put time and effort into building her trust. I'm happy you met each other, and I'm sure you'll continue to do great as a team going forward :D

My gran had a half-wild skittish black and white cat who was scared of everyone but my gran. I got to stroke her once, because gran was there. She was a sweet cat, she just didn't know what she could trust in.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BearlyToys

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2022, 09:51:42 AM »
OMG CAT! Absolutely adorable! :newpony:

Offline TheClassCalico

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2022, 02:40:41 PM »
I'm glad that she's getting more used to her environment and is doing well. It's wonderful when a cat adapts so well to a new home.

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2022, 03:53:32 AM »
thank you for rescuing :) cats take a while to get used to new stuff my one eyed cat wouldn't come out of the bathroom for about 2 weeks so I put all the things in there until he got used to us and some cats dont like being in a cattery thats probably why she hissed :)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2022, 06:06:16 AM »
she's so beautiful :lovey:

animals always take a while to get used to a new place. it sounds like she's warming up to you fast and knows she's in a safe, loving home.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2022, 07:11:04 AM »
Last night in bed she laid down beside me and kneaded my arm :heart:

She's getting used to the people and sounds outside quickly. Here are some more pics.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal