collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bling bag keychain tutorials?  (Read 1259 times)

Offline Kaeldre

• Goa'uld System Lord
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "The best advice I've found is don't look down."
    • View Profile
Bling bag keychain tutorials?
« on: January 23, 2012, 05:46:30 PM »
Now that I can get my paws on blind bags, I'm thinking I want to make keychains out of my doubles.  Are there any tutorials out there of how to do this?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"When someone asks me if I give up, I say 'Not until I'm dead'.  And sometimes not even then." ~ Daniel Jackson
"Asking a Ferengi to play a Cardassian game is like asking a Klingon to chew with his mouth closed." ~ Elim Garak

ZettaMomo

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Bling bag keychain tutorials?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 06:08:27 PM »
I actually have made a few in the past and sold them on my Etsy store. They are pretty easy to make!
Besides the findings for the keychain you are going to need
Hammer/Small Nail or a Drill with a very small bit (I use a hammer and I have done it so many times successfully, you don't really need a drill)
And some small screw in eyelets.

Take your nail and position wherever you want to have it in the pony. Start hammering the nail in a little bit. You only want to get enough to start the hole.
Once you have that take your little screw in eyelet and screw it into the poor pony's head. The plastic is soft enough that you should be able to just keep twisting and twisting the eyelet until it is secure into the pony's head. If you need to you can use pliers to get it in  there really good.

And that is pretty much it! From there you can use it as a pendant, keychain, or whatever you want.
Hope that helps!

Offline Kaeldre

• Goa'uld System Lord
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "The best advice I've found is don't look down."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 06:17:30 PM »
Awesome!
Thanks Zetta. :3

"When someone asks me if I give up, I say 'Not until I'm dead'.  And sometimes not even then." ~ Daniel Jackson
"Asking a Ferengi to play a Cardassian game is like asking a Klingon to chew with his mouth closed." ~ Elim Garak

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 06:20:14 PM »
Zetta, you rock!!  Is the screw pretty secure?  I have visions of lots of fiddling if I make a necklace for somemouse.  KWIM?
:socks:   :frog:

ZettaMomo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 06:49:54 PM »

Glad I could help~
 :lovey:

As long as you screw it in pretty well it should be secure. I have never had one of my necklaces of keychains fall off of the screw.
If you are considered you could try putting a little bit of super glue on the screw? But it might dry up before you can screw it in all the way.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal