collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Trying to complete my G1 US/Europe collection Advice Needed :)  (Read 254 times)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
Trying to complete my G1 US/Europe collection Advice Needed :)
« on: September 23, 2014, 02:12:50 PM »
So I am seriously getting back into collecting after a couple years of only buying ponies occasionally for my birthday and christmas.  I've taken some time off because of lack of funding and lack of free time.

Now my financial situation is improving and I plan on having more free time to browse ebay and the arena.  For the first time in a couple of years I'm really excited about collecting.

When I first started collecting my goal was to own all of the G1 United States and European/UK ponies.  I still have a long way to go.  I know some arena members have completed these sets and I need some advice.

Before my collecting hiatus I was pretty much just buying whatever ponies I could get my hands on.  I kept a want list but didn't really follow it. 

This time I really want to stay on a budget of $150 or so a month.  I feel like I should have some kind of plan. Should I go for rarer ponies first or get the easy to find ones and then go for the rarer ones later.  Or maybe focus on completing 'sets'?
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to complete my G1 US/Europe collection Advice Needed :)
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 02:23:15 PM »
firstly congrats on being able to buy ponies and getting back into collecting! :hug:

Personally I would go for the easiest to find ponies first, whilst always on the look out for the pricier ones of course.
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • My reality is just different than yours
    • View Profile
    • LadyPinwheel's Pony Realm
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 03:18:34 PM »
Congrats! I'm a bit in a similar situation. I started buying ponies actively again. I would start completing sets. I find it more organised like that. But As they already told you, always keep an eye on those htf ponies that sometimes pop out.

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 04:43:53 PM »
Hmmm...thats a tough one!

The only thing I would advise if you have a nice chunky budget like that is to consider buying from sellers in groups in order to share the cost of shipping across many ponies.

As for the rest of it; I was a long time finishing up my collection and if I am honest I found no way in particular that worked better. I had my list, I knew who I was looking for - and if I ever had to pick and choose between different options it would be either which seller I prefer or which pony I preferred - just favouritism :P . Initially I would be looking for sellers who perhaps had auctions on for 3 or 4 ponies I was looking for and would focus on them above other auctions. But sometimes you actually find that sellers like that get more interest than the person selling just 1 pony or 2...so you can miss out on a bargain. But in general I found the most fun was just to surf around the Arena and Ebay and bid on or buy the ponies I liked the best :) Nothing fancy or scientific about it.

Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 09:18:55 PM »
Thanks :)  I think I will probably start with the easy to find ones.  I'm thinking about setting aside some funds each month for the harder to find ones though.  I'm always spending out my pony budget so when harder to find ponies show up I have no money left :(
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal