collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Where do you purchase your MLPs?  (Read 2493 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Where do you purchase your MLPs?
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2013, 12:18:26 PM »
The Arena and Ebay for G1s. But if we are talking about G4s then yes sites like BBTS and Entertainment Earth are handy for picking up complete waves.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline disturbed-rainbow

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I love toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2013, 02:37:22 PM »
I mostly browse every inch of the Internet, or Walmart< which literally sucks... If I had away to travel I'd probably scour target and toysrus.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2013, 03:48:31 PM »
Usually Target, Walmart, Toys R Us & Hot Topic.
If I can't find what I'm looking for at one of those places I'll put a WTB in the Arena. If that is unsuccessful, Ebay.

I don't think anywhere is particularly well stocked right now,  CupcakePony.

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2013, 03:51:09 PM »
For G4s I shop locally -- Target or TRU usually. If it's an international exclusive item then I'll go to eBay or here on the Arena.

For older ponies, I use the Arena or thrift shops/flea markets when I can. eBay is a last resort.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2013, 04:36:35 PM »
Everywhere! Ebay, the Arena, Savers, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us, the grocery store, Amazon.com, VNCtoys.com, toywiz.com

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2013, 04:42:15 PM »
Ebay and then like the same four or five people from the Arena when they have things I want.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline HorsingAround

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2013, 04:47:37 PM »
For G1s, G2s, and G3s I buy from ebay or here.  For G4s I usually buy from ToysRUs, Walmart, Target, KMart, Taobao or here. 
Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Gandhi

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2013, 07:04:18 PM »
I buy from people here, sometimes online from other sites, and some at the flea markets.

Bronley

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2013, 08:06:17 PM »
I only collect G4. I check:
Target, Walmart, Toys R Us for most stuff (TRU usually most expensive of those 3, but watch for sales)
Hot Topic has many things I can't find elsewhere (if you can get it elsewhere, it is cheaper elsewhere)
Hastings has some of the same stuff as Hot Topic, but there isn't one near me.
ROSS and TJ Maxx has a small toy section and sometimes have older items for cheap
Zurchers Party Supplies had a big MLP section.
Family Dollar has the 3 inch brushables for $5 and sometimes have different styles than Walmart/Target/TRU (like non DVD version etc.) Also had some olser waves until I cleaned them out.
Walgreens has some older wave Fasion Style (found my Rarity there) and had blind bags for a while. Also valentines and calendars I didn't see elsewhere.
ShopKo has an MLP section in toys, usually more expensive though. They carry blind bags seasoally and heavily discount them when clearing out Jcall and ask by UPC, if they have any left from Easter in any store near you they would be down to like $0.50 each)
Safeway Market has an MLP section in toys (also called Dillons Marketplace, Fry's Marketplace, King Soopers Marketplace, Kroger Marketplace in other regions)
KMart sometimes had blind bags for $1.50 each at some stores (the rest of their selection was old and over priced, but they may be a good source for older wave brushables)
Dollar Tree has coloring books and the trading card value packs, and was the only source of a calendar earlier.
FYE has similar stuff to Hot Topic and was the only source for a black Rainbow Dash blanket and an MLP Christmas stocking.

Online:
hasbrotoyshop.com (use code MLP13 for 10% off MLP toys)
target.com (free shipping and 5% off if you get a RedCard credit or debit Target card)
walmart.com (free store pick up on many items)
amazon.com (for most books, lots of other stuff, free shipping for $25+ orders on many items)
hottopic.com ($5 shipping per order, often sales, can also call the store and have them hold the item for you. Often the stores have stuff before the web sight lists them. Can order at an in-store kiosk for $1 shipping to store.)
gohastings.com

Finding items tips:
To find where an item is in stock at Walmart, I call them and ask 'I need someone to check the inventory for me for an item and tell me which stores have it in stock so I know where to call, I have the UPC ready', then they transfer me to someone that can do that or ask me to hold since they are busy right then or whatever and I say 'No problem, I'm happy to wait as long as you need' etc., then I write down which stores they tell me have a significant stock. Then I call those stores and ask to be transferred to someone in the Toys area to and have them check for the item (or I just drive there). You can also ask them at the Service Desk to look it up for you (it is a computer there that can pull it up).

This works at most chain stores BTW (Walmart, Kmart, Walgreens, ShopKo, Target, Toys R Us, Family Dollar, Hot Topic; not ROSS or Dollar Tree though, at least not the people that I've talked to)

I record all the UPC codes in my spreadsheet, and get the new UPCs from pictures or begging people that post pictures of new items, 'Awesome find! Mind posting the UPC so we can look for it in our local stores? Or just take a clear picture of the label?

Also note that you don't always need the UPC off the new item: all the Blind Bags in the US have had the same UPC since Wave 1, new types of a series that fit in the same Stock Keeping Unit (SKU) as the previous ones you can just use the UPC of any item in the SKU (like new versions of the plushies or the masked versions of the brushables etc). SKU's that are roll-ups of several UPCs is why you have to call or go there: they can only tell you that they have 24 plushies in stock there, not which characters. (Or in the Blind Bag's case you don't know which wave(s) since they have all the same UPC).
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 08:19:53 PM by Bronley »

Offline aubreysmommy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2013, 09:15:19 PM »
toys r us  for mlp exclusives ;) target. amazon and tgftoys.com for newer items  and ebay and the thrift shop for older mlps ;) I try to post on here when new stuff is instock I don't drive so online shopping with free shipping is the best in my opinion ;)

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2013, 09:21:20 PM »
Walmart, TRU, Target and sometimes various online toy stores are where I get ponies for my girls. :D

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2013, 09:23:08 PM »
Arena/ebay for g1/g2, thrift stores for g3 and target/tru/walmart/grocery for g4 stuff.  I'm pretty generic about my g4 buys.  Hot Topic is fun but the prices scare me off.

Oh.. but I did order a 4th dimension Twilight.  I don't know what's happening with that.   I thought I would have her by now.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline BrittzMylilPony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2013, 09:25:39 PM »
Thrift stores & the flea markets...I love the thrill of searching for ponies!! :D

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2013, 09:54:54 PM »
Pretty much exclusively eBay. The prices at Toys R Us are really high, they're the only store with pony toys within 2-3 hours (THE TWO FACTORS MIGHT BE CONNECTED), and they're not very good at answering phone calls about what they have in stock. It feels like half the time I call, I just get dropped. The sole local thrift store that takes toys at all has yet to turn up anything besides McDonald's Rarity. I check the Arena every few days as well, but the prices are almost always higher than what I can find on eBay.

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2013, 01:26:03 AM »
I usually just buy them from Ebay.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal