collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you still "play" with your ponies like when you were little?  (Read 3732 times)

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Do you still "play" with your ponies like when you were little?
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2012, 04:47:02 PM »
Occasionally, I think up stories or scenes for them - I think it is the writer in me - but I rarely act them out.  I do, however, re-arrange them, play with heir hair and set hem up for photo scenes.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2012, 09:39:56 PM »
I like to play with mine sometimes. I'll brush their hair and have them do stuff with their accessories. I like to prop shine brights on the piano accessory because they look like they are playing. XD I think it would be more fun if I had somebody to play with, but that probably sounds a little weird at my age.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2012, 10:36:17 PM »
Well even when I was little I mostly admired ponies on my nightstand and brushed their hair once in a while. I still do the same thing so I guess I do "play" with them like when I was little. :D

eta: I actually play with them with my daughter but if not it's like when I was little.  ^.^
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2012, 11:50:16 PM »
No, unfortunately that aspect of my ponies is long gone, but I still enjoy them, just in different ways now :)
Sometimes I get the urge to play with them like I used, but when I do it feels strange and not as fun. I guess I'm just not as creative anymore. I mainly enjoy the nostalgia they bring me. I loved walking up and down the pony section as a kid. Seeing all the colorful plastic made me so happy. Whenever I see a pony I feel the same happiness.

thats basically how I feel too :)
Sometimes when Im sad or when I feel alone, I take some of my childhood ponies and try to remember what I played with them. I take some of the other ponies too, pretending that I already had them as a child. I put them in front of me and make up funny stories which is very easy to me, but really playing the stories I made up is difficult. When I try to give my voice to the ponies I always scare myself by the tone of my (adult) voice. You know, when making up a new story I can think like a child and I can feel like a child again. But hearing my own adult voice gets me back to what I really am and it makes me feel old, silly and so on.
If it counts as playing just to sit there, imaging what my ponies are doing and saying I have to say : yes, I still do. But it clearly is not the same as it was back then, more than 20 years ago.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2012, 12:13:17 AM »
I never had ponies as a kid, but I did have Barbies and some various Barbie-sized horses. For my Barbies I set up my houses and handmade stable, and then I'd move them around while I thought their dialogue (I never said it out loud). Unfortunately my mom got rid of the stable (I'm still angry about it) and I don't have any pony playsets I use for play, but when I set up my G4s in my Carousel Boutique I thought up some dialogue/backstories for them. And I'll randomly just think about my ponies and make them "talk" and think up backstories for them like I did with my Barbies, but I don't really move them around. I imagine once I get some playable playsets I can set out and take photos in I'll play with them like I did my Barbies to set up. And if I have any pony-loving kids I'm sure we'll play with them too. :D

Offline Mintymints

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Sock collector extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2012, 04:55:20 AM »
I still do  :blush:
When I was little I had the MO Ponyville play mat and ALL the buildings xD
I would act out some super dark thing, like murder mysteries (My mom watched shows like that, and I would sit and watch them with her when I was like 5  :lol:)
or even make them Pokemon trainers (the ponies or LPS) My mom ordered me the Hong Kong Pokemon TOMY figure thingys  ^.^

Now it's different, but I'm still playing with them :P

By Sunnyrain~Avvie by Starsteppony on DA

Offline Pangel

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Ooo banana...
    • View Profile
    • Panda Patch
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2012, 05:24:13 AM »
I still play when I have the time. I have yet to lose the ability at age 24 it seems ^_^;;
Whole toy collection for sale! Selling 100's of items! G1 My Little Ponies, G1 Littlest Pet Shops, Sylvanian Families - EVERYTHING MUST GO!visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Panda Patch eBay store <- Click here! ;)

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2012, 05:35:26 AM »
not really, but I'm sure I still would if I still lived together with my sister. we two were huge players when it came to ponies. now with my boyfriend... I doubt he would ever join :P and alone it isn't such fun, so I stick to brushing them only.

or, well, I don't know if it counts as playing, but when I am talking about something about a pony I have or want to show something I usually go to the other room (my ponies are all there), fetch the one I'm talking about, and make it "walk" arond my boyfriend's table (or wherever he sits atm) as I talk about it. when he looks uninterested or bored I lift the pony and give silly boyfriend a kiss on the cheek with it (so the pony does)  :P he usually says something like "aaah, go away", but once he turned his head and kissed the pony back - well, that was unexpected  :blink:  :lol:

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline The_Loner

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • My Little Pony fan
    • View Profile
    • Dream Planet - The Toys
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2012, 06:17:03 AM »
I still play with my ponies pretty much as I did back in the day though also differently. Back in the day I didn't have as many ponies and I used to make houses for them in my room. Now I have waaaay to many ponies to do that, but otherwise my ponyworld is the same as back then and my ponies are the same. I have castles and playsets set up always ready for play. I don't play nearly as often as I would like to though as I simply don't have the time :( , but when I don't play with them for real I often play with them in my head imagineing what is going on etc. I also take lots of pictures of them all the time.

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2012, 06:46:44 AM »
Yes, I do =) you can read it at http://rd.aien-hime.com ^^ do let me know what you think! I wrote the first chapters in 2003 haha xD

I remember reading and loving your fanfic since wayyy back then, when we had the chance to talk more often.  I also miss our trades-I remember one awesome lot we split!

Just like others here, I wish I still had the imagination like when I was a kid.  Long gone :/  Now, they're just display pieces.

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2012, 11:32:34 AM »
Alas no I dont play with ponies any more...but I do let my ponies have a "pony of the day" so they each feel special - the selected pony sits on my desk or on the coffee table depending where and when I am! Gives them a work out and assures that I clean the shelf they are going back to sit on :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ravengusty

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2012, 12:47:43 PM »
All your stories reminded me of my youth, in school when I was between 8 and 10 I used to act out pony plays in school for my class. I even did one in front of the school. I can't really remember what the plays were about but I remember some of my ponies, I had lemon drop, fizzy, tex, applejack, sweetstuff, some more boy ponies, lots of babies, I think I had the whole sweet celebration family. And the only princess pony I had was Royal Blue. Sometimes id try acting out the original movie but it was kinda hard to fight the smooze with just honeysuckle and forget-me-not

I don't think we've lost our imaginations, I just think you get to a certain age and the reality of life kicks in. People can be nasty and we try our best to be normal. I find that hard haha. When you grow up you lose that innocence and faith that everything is wonderful. Sucks! But at least we have the ponies to cheer us up.
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

Ponypuffs

Re: Do you still \"play\" with your ponies like when you were little?
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2012, 01:58:35 PM »
not really, but I'm sure I still would if I still lived together with my sister. we two were huge players when it came to ponies. now with my boyfriend... I doubt he would ever join :P and alone it isn't such fun, so I stick to brushing them only.

or, well, I don't know if it counts as playing, but when I am talking about something about a pony I have or want to show something I usually go to the other room (my ponies are all there), fetch the one I'm talking about, and make it "walk" arond my boyfriend's table (or wherever he sits atm) as I talk about it. when he looks uninterested or bored I lift the pony and give silly boyfriend a kiss on the cheek with it (so the pony does)  :P he usually says something like "aaah, go away", but once he turned his head and kissed the pony back - well, that was unexpected  :blink:  :lol:
Thats so cute lol. If we were around I'd give playing another shot. :lol:

Post Merge: July 02, 2012, 02:19:18 PM

All your stories reminded me of my youth, in school when I was between 8 and 10 I used to act out pony plays in school for my class. I even did one in front of the school. I can't really remember what the plays were about but I remember some of my ponies, I had lemon drop, fizzy, tex, applejack, sweetstuff, some more boy ponies, lots of babies, I think I had the whole sweet celebration family. And the only princess pony I had was Royal Blue. Sometimes id try acting out the original movie but it was kinda hard to fight the smooze with just honeysuckle and forget-me-not

I don't think we've lost our imaginations, I just think you get to a certain age and the reality of life kicks in. People can be nasty and we try our best to be normal. I find that hard haha. When you grow up you lose that innocence and faith that everything is wonderful. Sucks! But at least we have the ponies to cheer us up.
You're right... maybe we don't lose our imaginations, maybe they just get buried and lost among everything else. Other times we just find different outlets for it. Like the people here who write, do creative things with photographing ponies, and create custom ponies.

I'm happy to see some of you are still able to play with your ponies. That's a gift you're lucky to have held on to. ^.^
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 02:19:18 PM by Ponypuffs »

BeverlysLittlePony2012

« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2012, 02:31:35 PM »
Well not exactly. I do reposition them and swap them round a bit. I also brush their hair when I'm stressed out coz it makes me relax. I have a g3 Citrus Sweetheart and randomly sniff her to get that whiff of orange. I started collecting again coz they make me happy. A lot of crappy things have happened in my life and they remind me of happy times.
I don't do voices anymore but I do carry my g4 Rarity in my pocket when I feel down. And sometimes just because I feel like it ha!

I sniff Citrus Sweetheart all the time! Then it dawns on me that I am standing in a room alone sniffing a pony...lol! So glad I am not alone! I reposition mine all the time. I have a big castle and only about 20 ponies can fit at a time. I have to rotate to be fair.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 02:35:42 PM by BeverlysLittlePony2012 »

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2012, 03:05:13 PM »
I didn't have ponies when I was little..

I like cleaning them up when they've arrived (if they're not MIP/MOC/brand new), and brushing their hair.. occasionally I'll move them around, but I don't have much display space at the moment! I can't resist touching the button on Shine Bright Pinkie either.. pretty glowiness. XD

I sometimes pick up Surprise just to look at her, because she is a beaut. :lovey:
Fight like a girl..

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal