collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you still "play" with your ponies like when you were little?  (Read 3731 times)

Offline MsTwilight

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Do you still "play" with your ponies like when you were little?
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2012, 12:38:56 PM »
No, not anymore. Mine just sit around nowadays. Sometimes I'll take one out and sit her near me by the pc or something. Besides cleaning them, that's about it.

I remember when I could no longer "play" ponies. I was about 11 and SO upset. I was like... "Why can't I imagine anymore?" it was heartbreaking.  :cry:

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2012, 12:44:44 PM »
not really, although im not afraid to play ponies with my daughter...I do think back to the days when I used to go on adventures with my ponies. I wish I could but I rarely do.

Ponypuffs

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Do you still \"play\" with your ponies like when you were little?
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2012, 12:49:36 PM »
No, not anymore. Mine just sit around nowadays. Sometimes I'll take one out and sit her near me by the pc or something. Besides cleaning them, that's about it.

I remember when I could no longer "play" ponies. I was about 11 and SO upset. I was like... "Why can't I imagine anymore?" it was heartbreaking.  :cry:
It really is. I originally stopped because people make it seem like you're "too old" to do certain things. Now that I don't care about age stereotypes anymore, I can't go back to doing those fun things.

Post Merge: July 01, 2012, 12:54:59 PM

Well not exactly. I do reposition them and swap them round a bit. I also brush their hair when I'm stressed out coz it makes me relax. I have a g3 Citrus Sweetheart and randomly sniff her to get that whiff of orange. I started collecting again coz they make me happy. A lot of crappy things have happened in my life and they remind me of happy times.
I don't do voices anymore but I do carry my g4 Rarity in my pocket when I feel down. And sometimes just because I feel like it ha!
]Oooh I love the smell of MLP's, even the non-scented ones. Just something about them I guess. I know it sounds kinda creepy haha.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 12:56:03 PM by Ponypuffs »

Offline paradise-estate

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • I Heart G1 Ponehs
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2012, 01:03:53 PM »
I sooo wish I did! I remember when I was little I used to get erasers and pencils and any other little items I could find, wrap them up in Xmas paper and on Christmas morning before I opened my pressies I used to play with thr ponies opening their pressies! Hehe  :blush: :biggrin:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

** COLLECTING G1 PONIES FOR MY HERD :D THE MORE THE MERRIER!**
My WANT LIST*~* My gallery of adoptables I've drawn!

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2012, 01:10:53 PM »
I don't since I don't really have the same imagination anymore as I did back then :( I wish I still did, but I don't.

As a grown up I'm alot more into organzing and displaying things in beautiful ways. That's where my creativity is nowdays and it's superb for when you're gonna display your ponies ;) So that's my adult playtime I suppose XD Organizing the lovely little ponie :)
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Gonzo

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2012, 01:18:11 PM »
I didn't really play with blue!Ember or Spike that much when I was a little kid, I think, but playing with my G4s the way I did with my other toys back then--no. I do frequently brush their hair, though (if nothing else, gives me something to do when I'm not drawing).

Ponypuffs

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2012, 01:19:59 PM »
I sooo wish I did! I remember when I was little I used to get erasers and pencils and any other little items I could find, wrap them up in Xmas paper and on Christmas morning before I opened my pressies I used to play with thr ponies opening their pressies! Hehe  :blush: :biggrin:
Omg, that is such a cute idea. Why didn't I ever think of that?  :lol: I think it would be neat if someone took pictures of their ponies unwrapping their "mini presents" during christmas time.

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2012, 01:21:54 PM »
I haven't...yet...and this is the first time I'm collecting G4 My Little Pony (i never got into the G1-G3.5)

You'll catch me playing with my blind bag ponies and the colts ;)
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

Capsule

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2012, 01:27:51 PM »
Every once in a while I will make them sort of act out funny little things xD Once one of my of friends found my g4 stash of ponies and started to play with Pinkie Pie and her train. I like having the train go around the track, it makes me laugh because it is so cute!

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2012, 01:41:05 PM »
Sometimes I gallop them around as well, mainly at my boyfriend (I'm sure he appreciates this)

LOL This made me grin. 

I like how they smell too! 

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Cadence

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • The Polyglot Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2012, 01:53:22 PM »
Sometimes I gallop them around as well, mainly at my boyfriend (I'm sure he appreciates this)

LOL This made me grin. 

I like how they smell too!
LOL that is indeed cute! :3

While I like brushing hair, I don't like picking up my G3s a lot because I'm afraid I won't be able to redo their curls! :P They're really more for display.
Same goes to my two G1s. Their hair falls out easily! :(

My two G4s, on the other hand, get picked up by me more often as I keep their hair in their original elastics.  :)
 || Sig by LunaCat || :fox: :heart:

Offline Aienhime

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2012, 02:01:48 PM »
Unfortunately, no. I did until I was like, 15 or so though. I do miss it sometimes, playing out stories and re-living events in an environment I can control ^^" But I guess writing my fanfic has taken over that place :) writing gives me the same awesome feeling as playing with my ponies used to give me :)
Oh, do you share your fanfic with the public? I'd be interested in reading.

Yes, I do =) you can read it at http://rd.aien-hime.com ^^ do let me know what you think! I wrote the first chapters in 2003 haha xD

Ponypuffs

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2012, 02:47:58 PM »
Unfortunately, no. I did until I was like, 15 or so though. I do miss it sometimes, playing out stories and re-living events in an environment I can control ^^" But I guess writing my fanfic has taken over that place :) writing gives me the same awesome feeling as playing with my ponies used to give me :)
Oh, do you share your fanfic with the public? I'd be interested in reading.

Yes, I do =) you can read it at http://rd.aien-hime.com ^^ do let me know what you think! I wrote the first chapters in 2003 haha xD
Wow, that was really interesting! I finished the first chapter, but I'll definitely read further once I'm more awake.

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2012, 03:56:48 PM »

I think I did that at some point as well xD and I did birthday parties for my toys, too !

Well, I think I stopped playing when I was about 15 or so. Even if I wanted to go back to it, I don't think I could anymore xD I still grab them and pet them, comb their hair and act around with them sometimes for the sake of it (and because my boyfriend melts with the cuteness lol), but not actually playing like before. But when I look at my ponies, I can somewhat see their happiness :)

Wadatsumi

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2012, 04:18:52 PM »
i sometimes do! but without making them speak and so on. just sometimes when i'm in the mood i'll build up a playset and display the ponies in it. comb and style their hair and also dress them  :)
and there are rare moments when my husband grabs his only pony (quarterback) and wants to play "wedding" (in a kinda silly, fun way) to goldilocks  ;)
i don't think it's creepy - it just is funny and makes someone happy  :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal