collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you still "play" with your ponies like when you were little?  (Read 3757 times)

Ponypuffs

• Trade Count: (0)
Like brush their hair, dress them up, make them talk, act out stuff... things like that.

Or do you just leave them neatly on display?

I'm curious! If so, how often?

Offline Sandi

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Do you still "play" with your ponies like when you were little?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 10:32:51 AM »
No. I brush them sometimes, but that's it.
G1, G2 and G3 collector. I also collect a bunch of other stuff. (Too much..)
My collection website
My toy Instagram
My cat/nature Instagram
My Tumblr

Offline BrightIdea

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 10:34:11 AM »
When I am in a silly mood!  One time my husband joined in and grabbed Celestia while I was holding Luna and was like "I am the only princess!! Go live in the moon!" and started bonking Luna on the head with Celestia's horn.

That cracked me up :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ponypuffs

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 10:40:37 AM »
When I am in a silly mood!  One time my husband joined in and grabbed Celestia while I was holding Luna and was like "I am the only princess!! Go live in the moon!" and started bonking Luna on the head with Celestia's horn.

That cracked me up :P
Haha, your husband sounds like fun! Whenever I played with my ponies, they were always in some kind of danger. I don't know why, but they often had to avoid lava and falling off cliffs. They were always rescuing each other lol.

Phekzhen

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 10:49:08 AM »
Haha, your husband sounds like fun! Whenever I played with my ponies, they were always in some kind of danger. I don't know why, but they often had to avoid lava and falling off cliffs. They were always rescuing each other lol.

In kindergarten, we pretended we were the ponies from the G1 cartoon, and we'd walk around the edge of the trampoline, pretending it was a volcano. I remember pretending to be Gusty or Paradise. I think my friend was Buttons? And my little sister and I would do "pony wars," where I had the real ponies and she had fakies, and we'd have them fight and war over fakie castles and the G2 playset carrier-thing.

I'll do cute stuff with my G3.5 plush Rainbow Dash when I'm on Skype with my boyfriend or if he's there in person, but it's not really active, imaginative "play."

I'll do pony hair if they get mussed up from packaging or moving. I don't really "play" with toys anymore, but I'll do "play" in video games.

Play is defined as interacting with something for the sole purpose of having fun, or that the only goal in mind is to have fun. So in video games, this would be mucking around without accomplishing missions or quests. So in ponies, brushing hair to make them look nice wouldn't be play, but brushing hair just to brush hair would be play.

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 10:58:00 AM »
No, unfortunately that aspect of my ponies is long gone, but I still enjoy them, just in different ways now :)
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

Ponypuffs

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 11:08:33 AM »
No, unfortunately that aspect of my ponies is long gone, but I still enjoy them, just in different ways now :)
Sometimes I get the urge to play with them like I used, but when I do it feels strange and not as fun. I guess I'm just not as creative anymore. I mainly enjoy the nostalgia they bring me. I loved walking up and down the pony section as a kid. Seeing all the colorful plastic made me so happy. Whenever I see a pony I feel the same happiness.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 11:34:56 AM by Ponypuffs »

Offline Aienhime

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 11:23:48 AM »
Unfortunately, no. I did until I was like, 15 or so though. I do miss it sometimes, playing out stories and re-living events in an environment I can control ^^" But I guess writing my fanfic has taken over that place :) writing gives me the same awesome feeling as playing with my ponies used to give me :)

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 11:26:58 AM »
Eeeeevery once in a while I get the urge to play with ponies or action figures like that, but not often.  I do brush them and dress them though, mostly for pics. XD

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2012, 11:31:07 AM »
Not really. I still pick them up and carry them around the flat and I pet them and fiddle with their hair. Sometimes I gallop them around as well, mainly at my boyfriend (I'm sure he appreciates this) but I don't make up stories with them anymore. Poor ponies. I'm sorry, ponies.

Thanks to SDS for my siggy and Jupi for my avatar :)

Aednatia

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2012, 11:32:49 AM »
I mostly make mine 'dance' kinda just hold them and shake them like head bangers or walk back and forth in front of the comp and I hum..  course after head banging I redo there hair, which I like doing. I don't pretend to make them talk or interact.. Except my G4 Honey Buzz and Blossom Forth and as soon as I get a Flower Wishes and Daisy Dreams, I'm going to be taking a picture off the four with the caption above Honey Buzz saying "Your a pretty little flower but I'm a busy little bee" cause Honey Buzz and Blossom Forth are a couple but he is going to get caught 'cheating' with the other two.

Ponypuffs

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2012, 11:34:25 AM »
Unfortunately, no. I did until I was like, 15 or so though. I do miss it sometimes, playing out stories and re-living events in an environment I can control ^^" But I guess writing my fanfic has taken over that place :) writing gives me the same awesome feeling as playing with my ponies used to give me :)
Oh, do you share your fanfic with the public? I'd be interested in reading.

Offline nearlyheadlessnayy

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2012, 11:44:30 AM »
I don't think I play with them..
All flutters get the ritual zooming under the breath noise whilst I enthusiastically whizz them about for a few seconds..

I'm the same as Aednatia sometimes mine go for little dances when I'm showing them to my mum, normally at times when she hates it, she'll be on the toilet or in the shower and I'll be there peeping them under the shower door like " mum loooook she's so pretttyyy"

Other than that I tend to just carry them round sometimes whilst I'm doing stuff, but not playing woth them I guess :(
*Thanks Tinrobo for my avatar! <3**

Ponypuffs

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2012, 11:48:56 AM »
I mostly make mine 'dance' kinda just hold them and shake them like head bangers or walk back and forth in front of the comp and I hum..  course after head banging I redo there hair, which I like doing. I don't pretend to make them talk or interact.. Except my G4 Honey Buzz and Blossom Forth and as soon as I get a Flower Wishes and Daisy Dreams, I'm going to be taking a picture off the four with the caption above Honey Buzz saying "Your a pretty little flower but I'm a busy little bee" cause Honey Buzz and Blossom Forth are a couple but he is going to get caught 'cheating' with the other two.
That's so cute!  :lol:

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2012, 12:30:51 PM »
Well not exactly. I do reposition them and swap them round a bit. I also brush their hair when I'm stressed out coz it makes me relax. I have a g3 Citrus Sweetheart and randomly sniff her to get that whiff of orange. I started collecting again coz they make me happy. A lot of crappy things have happened in my life and they remind me of happy times.
I don't do voices anymore but I do carry my g4 Rarity in my pocket when I feel down. And sometimes just because I feel like it ha!
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal