collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Noticed Something Odd  (Read 2081 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Noticed Something Odd
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2012, 02:58:18 PM »
Shhh, they were hoping kids wouldn't notice! :P

(By the way, did that come with a regular brushable Pinkie Pie? I've never seen a G4 brushable come with a leaflet/poster before!)
Yeah, she's a basic brushable, one that comes with a pet and a 'suit case'

Oh okay, thanks. =) Guess they don't come with Canadian packaging :P

You guys dont have the little leaflets? Thats odd...HB normally waste no time in advertising their other products. :P Most products have an "also in stores" leaflet in the packet where as the luggage sets leaflet had a poster on it with a train track as per this picture.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2012, 02:59:58 PM »
I sort of acknowledged this.. but I was more freaked out by the fact I had a leaflet!! Haven't ever had one with a brushable before..
Fight like a girl..

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2012, 03:22:06 PM »
I sort of acknowledged this.. but I was more freaked out by the fact I had a leaflet!! Haven't ever had one with a brushable before..

Ok...now I am finding it weird lol as you are even in the same country as me! Did you get the little white with black text CE guidelines with your brushables at least? Every single G4 I have purchased had a leaflet...*maybe I am special :P*
Loa is my love god!

Offline MsTwilight

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2012, 09:16:55 PM »
Vector?? Can someone explain what that means here? I know the word just not it's usage referring to MLP.  :blink:

Offline Cadence

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • The Polyglot Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2012, 09:28:00 PM »
Shhh, they were hoping kids wouldn't notice! :P

(By the way, did that come with a regular brushable Pinkie Pie? I've never seen a G4 brushable come with a leaflet/poster before!)
Yeah, she's a basic brushable, one that comes with a pet and a 'suit case'

Oh okay, thanks. =) Guess they don't come with Canadian packaging :P

You guys dont have the little leaflets? Thats odd...HB normally waste no time in advertising their other products. :P Most products have an "also in stores" leaflet in the packet where as the luggage sets leaflet had a poster on it with a train track as per this picture.
Nope, none what so ever.  :sad: I would assume it is because we are a bilingual country so they'd need French translations, but I remember our G3s had leaflets advertising other ponies in English, French and Spanish. Not sure about the US and the UK, but our G4 packagings are in all 3 languages as well. If HB is saving money on international leaflets/posters to be able to produce more ponies, I can't complain. ^^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 || Sig by LunaCat || :fox: :heart:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2012, 01:54:53 AM »
Ahhhh....that makes sense - a bit like why even though you are in region1, your releases dont get DVDs? Legally everything needs French and English...interesting!

Vector?? Can someone explain what that means here? I know the word just not it's usage referring to MLP.  :blink:

Its word in reference to MLP is no different than its actual use [if that makes sense :P] - it just refers to the artwork - so the "Pinkie & train vector" is simply the artwork for Pinkie and the train. For some reason G4 "artwork" seems to have morphed into "vectors" rather than the traditional line art, backcards and artwork we would normally refer to.
Loa is my love god!

Offline butterflybuttons

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Feeling the G2 love
    • View Profile
    • My outdated DA
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2012, 04:22:25 AM »
Lol. How odd!

Offline MsTwilight

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2012, 12:08:24 PM »

Ah! Ok, I see what is going on with the word now. I keep thinking vector as in airplanes, missiles, or biology. I went to dictionary.com and found out that the word "graphic" needs to be used after vector to find the meaning. I guess everyone just shortened it to "vector" and I wasn't around to find out! lol All my years collecting ponies and I have never heard that word used! The joys of G4!  :blush:

Offline Cadence

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • The Polyglot Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2012, 01:12:40 PM »
Ahhhh....that makes sense - a bit like why even though you are in region1, your releases dont get DVDs? Legally everything needs French and English...interesting!
Yup, exactly! Although, during the G3 era, I believe I snatched up a few supposedly US-exclusives (with no French or Spanish labels!) here... so there's hope. :P

Ah! Ok, I see what is going on with the word now. I keep thinking vector as in airplanes, missiles, or biology. I went to dictionary.com and found out that the word "graphic" needs to be used after vector to find the meaning. I guess everyone just shortened it to "vector" and I wasn't around to find out! lol All my years collecting ponies and I have never heard that word used! The joys of G4!  :blush:

Don't worry, you're not the only one! I didn't know exactly what they were either until I read Wikipedia. :blush:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 || Sig by LunaCat || :fox: :heart:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2012, 01:36:03 PM »

I have learned many things - some interesting and some not so with this new gen lol! :) Its all good though I guess...although I ll admit I would never have used "vector" in connection with any pre G4 artwork and even now I only use it for G4 and nothing else...weird!
Loa is my love god!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal