collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: A wild translucent Rarity has appeared!  (Read 10521 times)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
Re: A wild translucent Rarity has appeared!
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2012, 07:51:30 AM »
Wow she's so pretty.  I hope the stores don't charge extra because the ponies are made differently.

majikarte

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2012, 08:02:44 AM »
I really hope they don't have the glitter on the outside, I love my glitter blind bags, but I hate when they fall over or I have to touch them for whatever reason... ugh glitter hands. I would hate to be a child actually playing with that Applejack and getting glitter over everything. (Though I suppose a child wouldn't mind... a parent might though?)

But I'm very excited to see what happens with these translucent ponies, and what the final products will be like. They're all really pretty. I'd love to see a return of the bangs too!

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2012, 10:08:51 AM »
AJ is pretty! But I hate that glitter-on-the-outside silliness. It looks funny by their eyes and symbols, and with my glitter blind bags at least, I'm afraid to touch them much for fear of rubbing the glitter off. I'd much rather see them done like the G1 glitter ponies. As for Rarity, she seems a little more pearly than shimmery. I wish they were a little more translucent, but they're still pretty neat. What would he really cool is if they had slIghtly different (lighter or more greyed-down, maybe) hair colors. I think that would compliment the shimmery bodies well.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2012, 06:32:16 PM »
Oh my that Applejack! So much glitter.

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2012, 08:31:14 PM »
OMG I need these and Rarity I need lots of her cause she is gonna make an epic bait pony!

keikokukien

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2012, 09:10:33 PM »
The all over glitter does look odd, but the translucent Rarity looks gorgeous! I wonder if this person ever popped up in anyone's minds when they saw all the glitter--Kesha. :P (Aside: Does anyone know if there is a way to prevent the glitter loss? Like extra spray or precautionary measures to take for all of the new ponies with glitter?)

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2012, 12:32:40 AM »
BAH! That glitter is icky! I hate surface glitter so much. I love glitter when it's embedded! But not like this. :(

I really hope they make it either embedded or none. I HATE buying doubles, but was actually going to purchase these. We'll see now.
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2012, 01:13:02 PM »
The all over glitter does look odd, but the translucent Rarity looks gorgeous! I wonder if this person ever popped up in anyone's minds when they saw all the glitter--Kesha. :P (Aside: Does anyone know if there is a way to prevent the glitter loss? Like extra spray or precautionary measures to take for all of the new ponies with glitter?)

Do you mean like sealing it on with hair spray? Interesting idea...cant say I have tried it though - perhaps someone who has experienced can let us all know.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2012, 05:48:31 PM »

Do you mean like sealing it on with hair spray? Interesting idea...cant say I have tried it though - perhaps someone who has experienced can let us all know.
It's possible to maybe seal it... I've used Dullcote to seal shimmer/glittery with not shimmer/glittery loss... however I think it would be a trial and error deal :|
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2012, 07:01:41 PM »
The Applejack kinda seems shimmery even where the glitter isn't so maybe the glitter can be removed without loss of the shimmeryness.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2012, 01:45:38 AM »

It's possible to maybe seal it... I've used Dullcote to seal shimmer/glittery with not shimmer/glittery loss... however I think it would be a trial and error deal :|

Good to know! I guess if they are pretty easy and reasonably inexpensive to purchase when they hit shelves it would maybe be worth a shot but if they turn out to be released in a giant box [like the 6 with glitter Royal Ball at Canterlot Castle set - which I suspect this may be] then trial and error could be expensive. I am a coward I ll let the brave pony collectors go forth and try first!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2012, 09:08:11 AM »
*applauds Hasbro* THIS is how you make me by duplicates of the mane 6!
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2012, 09:21:15 PM »

Good to know! I guess if they are pretty easy and reasonably inexpensive to purchase when they hit shelves it would maybe be worth a shot but if they turn out to be released in a giant box [like the 6 with glitter Royal Ball at Canterlot Castle set - which I suspect this may be] then trial and error could be expensive. I am a coward I ll let the brave pony collectors go forth and try first!

That's a good theory. Target seems to be releasing a new Monster High beachwear 5 pack so another pony 6 pack is not too far fetched. It would be strange if they forgot Pinkie Pie and Twilight Sparkle since it seems pink and purple are their favorite pony colors.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Silversnow

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+169)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Piggy Lover
    • View Profile
    • https://www.ebay.com/usr/snowauryn
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2012, 02:57:43 AM »
I have to say I like her!!!

Piggy for sale? Please contact me!

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2012, 06:46:18 AM »
A WILD Rarity has appeared!

Catch it with a MASTER Poke Ball.

Please bid X amount on Ebay and wait.

Sorry, just had to do it. lol

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal