collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Piggy Restoration - lashes, sunfading, missing plugs  (Read 867 times)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Piggy Restoration - lashes, sunfading, missing plugs
« on: December 29, 2014, 08:12:56 PM »
I have an Algodoncete, and to be honest, I'm just not in love with him. I think part of the reason is the hair. It's so brittle and dry and it just looks blah. I've already removed the head and cleaned the rust off the tail. There are also some rust stains beneath his hooves, and he is missing 21 or so plugs at the bottom of his mane. Personally, I would like to just give him a new lease on life with pretty hair so that he looks halfway decent alongside the other piggies (all of whom have gorgeous hair).

I know doing do will devalue him, but I just want him to look his best! And I don't plan on selling.

Have you rehaired any hard to find Nirvanas? And if so, what was the point where you decided to go for it? I'm so unsure what to do with him!

P.S. What's the best kind of glue to seal a Nirvana's head after cleaning tail rust? I don't want to cause any damage.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 10:03:40 AM by tuneful87 »

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: When to rehair?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 05:42:10 AM »
Well ultimately it's up to you, if he bugs you so much as is I say go for it. Just be sure to mark the bottom of his feet as a rehair just in case he changes hands at some point.

Personally it'd take a lot for me to rehair a Nirvana (I'm talking buzz cut like that group of Argies that just ended on eBay). But my policy when buying is that they have to have at least half their mane or I won't buy, unless it's a super huge want or super hard to find pony).

Good luck with your decision and if you go for it we wanna see pics :biggrin:
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 10:30:48 AM »
I tend not to reseal heads unless the neck seam has split or the head is very loose.

It is up to you if you choose to rehair your pony or not. He is YOUR pony after all :) Perhaps you could sell him and upgrade? BUT you might have to wait a while for a nice one to come up.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 01:54:57 PM »
For me, I always prefer hair to be original, even if it's not so good. I would be inclined to suggest upgrading as well, but he is your pony so the decision is yours ;) The only thing would be if you still don't bond after the rehair, and then did decide to sell.

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline ladygodiva

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 01:58:35 PM »
I have a 'Snuzzle "piggy. The hair is damaged, but I could improve a bit. I thought about making a rehair, but personally I think it shows much difference between the old and the very new pony hair. Ask him to ladypinkweel, she bought a pony piggy hairless and made a rehair. Ask him where he bought pictures and hair (I guess in dollyhair) and so you can get an idea of how the rehair left.
I translated with google translator and it may be that the translation is not good.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 09:20:28 AM »
The only nirvana's I've re-haired were Argies that had very sparse hair/cuts/missing plugs. My suggestion would be to root in what's missing and see how you feel after that. It's your pony so what you do to him is up to you. I do agree with you overall that ponies should look their best. (So I do a lot of restoring...)

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2015, 09:24:07 AM »
Good points, everyone. I think perhaps I could try conditioning the hair a bit. I'm honestly not sure if I ever did. The one thing that also bothers me about this pony is that the head does not sit perfectly flat since I removed it to rid the pony of tail rust. But I'm not sure what sort of glue to use.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2015, 09:34:37 AM »
I have a mexican cotton candy who looks hilarious because her head is popping out. So I understand what you're saying. I never glue heads back on, but that's just my preference. How about some pics so we can see the hair Tuney?

G4 customs 4 sale

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2015, 09:59:38 AM »
I have a mexican cotton candy who looks hilarious because her head is popping out. So I understand what you're saying. I never glue heads back on, but that's just my preference. How about some pics so we can see the hair Tuney?

For you? Anything!

In reality the hair could be much, much worse. But all my other piggies have soft gorgeous hair so this is the odd one out. I don't think I will reroot but I would like to condition it.

Two other piggy restoration questions:

- Has anyone run into problems sunfading piggies? The Rayito I just acquired has a permanent mark on its nostrils and hooves and I would like to try fading. However, I know Rayito's symbols are prone to wearing/fading so I want to be extra careful. I would of course wrap her in cloth and then tin foil with the exception of the area I'm trying to fade.

- Has anyone successfully restored a piggy's lashes? My Rayito has problems in both eyes. Right eye has cut lashes and left has a few lashes bunched up and hardened so that her eye gets stuck if you lay her down.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 10:03:03 AM by tuneful87 »

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Piggy Restoration - lashes, sunfading, missing plugs
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2015, 11:31:27 AM »
His hair isn't bad at all! I think conditioner and a flat iron will do wonders. :o)
His head isn't too bad either. I can totally understand why you'd want to glue him back together, that's a gap that should easily stay once glued. A lot of customizers use  a bit of crazy glue.

Have a moment. I got this one from Himmie. I love her weirdness. LOL.

G4 customs 4 sale

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
Re: Piggy Restoration - lashes, sunfading, missing plugs
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2015, 01:22:15 PM »
His hair isn't bad at all! I think conditioner and a flat iron will do wonders. :o)
His head isn't too bad either. I can totally understand why you'd want to glue him back together, that's a gap that should easily stay once glued. A lot of customizers use  a bit of crazy glue.

Have a moment. I got this one from Himmie. I love her weirdness. LOL.

I know, it's not terrible. But compared to the other piggies, his is dreadful!

Crazy glue...I think I have some too.

That poor Cotton Candy...it's like she's in the middle of being guillotined.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal