collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: basic fun heartthrob - a little wonky!  (Read 2084 times)

Offline orangepeachmango

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
basic fun heartthrob - a little wonky!
« on: June 21, 2020, 06:33:08 PM »
went to target today and found the basic fun heartthrob! i grabbed the last once since she's one of my favorites... I saw in the box that her head was maybe turned, but since she was the only one left i didn't think much about it and grabbed her.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

i've been pretty happy with my basic fun ponies so far..I have snuzzle, parasol, and confetti. I've always been pretty impressed with their quality! they hairs are always silky and in cute styles, and the plastic never feels greasy... (unlike most g4s...) but poor hearrthrob came out a little wonky! If you can see, her head like doesn't fit right on her neck lol! i took it off and put it back on to see if that would help, but it seems like it was cut wrong or something, it just doesn't fit on the poor girl's neck.

i'm not that bothered by it, but it would have been nice if she was in just as good quality as the rest of them... and of course they're lacking pony smell :'( Have you guys experienced bad quality in your basic fun ponies?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 06:38:00 PM by orangepeachmango »

wishlist

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: basic fun heartthrob - a little wonky!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2020, 07:28:57 PM »
Congrats on finding her!  I haven’t been brave enough to go into a Target yet but I will soon! Soon!

I remember passing up several Skydancers and Starshines because of their wonky looking necks.  They looked look the heads had shrunken just a bit.  Later, I did find nicer ones.  I wonder what happened.  I’m sad to hear that your pony turned out like that.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2020, 07:33:54 PM »
She's lovely, wonky neck or no.

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 01:53:45 AM »
A great find, I am still on the look out for her in store.

Looks like an excuse to make a bandana or statement necklace for Heartthrob!  :biggrin:

Offline orangepeachmango

• Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2020, 02:07:20 AM »

Looks like an excuse to make a bandana or statement necklace for Heartthrob!  :biggrin:

Bandana is a great idea :+) I'm sure I can find some cute valentinesy fat quarters in my mom's stash.

Congrats on finding her!  I haven’t been brave enough to go into a Target yet but I will soon! Soon!

I remember passing up several Skydancers and Starshines because of their wonky looking necks.  They looked look the heads had shrunken just a bit.  Later, I did find nicer ones.  I wonder what happened.  I’m sad to hear that your pony turned out like that.

Target and Starbucks are about the only places I go right now :drunk:
"Too small" is a good way of putting it...it's like the cut on the head doesn't line up with the cut on the neck, lol
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 02:09:21 AM by orangepeachmango »

wishlist

Offline kingluke

• Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2020, 02:25:07 AM »
I have a couple of ponies with neck issues. Bandanas and necklaces are a great solution.
I hope you still like your heartthrob.
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2020, 04:35:03 PM »
yeah i have a few BF ponies with either wonky heads or just gaps in the necks which really bugs me as i can't tweak them back into place when they are in their box's.
i thought maybe it was from their plastic packaging moving their heads cos i find them a tight squeeze into the plastic moulds around them if i take them out and pt them back in them again.

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Ribbs

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • My music
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2020, 03:44:10 AM »
Yeah, a few of mine have had weird factory errors. One pony with a badly printed symbol, and one that's mane unraveled like an old sock when taking out the plastic hair seperator... Not to mention some of them are already fading... What can you do.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2020, 12:00:47 PM »

When you find her, I know the UK is in business. Since I can't check the store I would usually check in the SE (as I'm stuck in the midlands still until at least Aug 1st), I'm relying on your reconaissance xD.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2020, 12:22:23 PM »
I recently noticed a Medley in a shop with such a huge neck gap that I fail to understand who passed that particular pony's quality control check!

When you find her, I know the UK is in business. Since I can't check the store I would usually check in the SE (as I'm stuck in the midlands still until at least Aug 1st), I'm relying on your reconaissance xD.

Don't worry, I have started looking!  :ninja:
Smyths only have Medley, Glory etc;
Entertainer (two checked in last few days) had zero.  >_<

A local Fenwicks has opened up, I know they had Glory etc (as we were there a day before lockdown for a Build-a-bear birthday thingo for my little girl) but I was put-off going in-store today as the covid wardens put me off.

John Lewis: not had a chance to check if our local one is one of those reopened yet. My Uncle retired during lockdown so I can't ask him  :lol:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2020, 12:51:02 PM »
yeah i have a few BF ponies with either wonky heads or just gaps in the necks which really bugs me as i can't tweak them back into place when they are in their box's.
i thought maybe it was from their plastic packaging moving their heads cos i find them a tight squeeze into the plastic moulds around them if i take them out and pt them back in them again.

A few of my BF ponies have neck gaps too. I’ve also wondered if it had to do with the way the heads are put in the packaging.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2020, 06:51:30 AM »
I'm sure there were G1s like that too but they aren't arount any more. Except I de-flocked a NSS Twilight before I realised her neck and body don't fit. When she still had her flocking I just hadn't noticed.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline orangepeachmango

• Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2020, 11:21:32 AM »
I'm sure there were G1s like that too but they aren't arount any more. Except I de-flocked a NSS Twilight before I realised her neck and body don't fit. When she still had her flocking I just hadn't noticed.

I don't doubt g1s had similar flaws too lol! I think it's interesting though, how wonky BF ponies seem much less common than Hasbro's own g4-5 ponies. Seems like companies like BF and HQG1C care more about ponies than their own company. like some sort of sad orphan  :snicker:

wishlist

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2020, 02:32:11 AM »

I don't doubt g1s had similar flaws too lol! I think it's interesting though, how wonky BF ponies seem much less common than Hasbro's own g4-5 ponies. Seems like companies like BF and HQG1C care more about ponies than their own company. like some sort of sad orphan  :snicker:

Yes, I know what you mean. It's nice that they have some aunties and uncles who care about them very much  :)
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2020, 11:43:50 AM »
The reason most G1 ponies don't have the neck gap issue is their heads are glued down.  So if you don't mind losing the turning head on the Basic Fun ponies, just break out the superglue. :)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal