collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 207492 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Anime?
« Reply #1350 on: January 06, 2023, 03:39:21 PM »
I got a cute Fruits Basket/Hello Kitty poster.  It shows Tohru with a Hello Kitty bow in her hair and Yuki, Kyo, Momiji and Shigure  in human form with their animal ears sticking out of their heads.

OMG I just looked this up and the art is so cuuuute!! :lovey:

I was going to share the link from Amazon here but wasn't sure if that was allowed.  I'm not a big Hello Kitty person but I love the art.  I think it's the animal ears that got me. :D

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: January 11, 2023, 03:13:51 AM »
I was reminded of Ai No Kusabi .... I watched it ONCE, I KNEW what was going to happen  and it still punched my feelings inside out  :wail: I mean the 1992 original, I havent seen the partially cancelled remake

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #1352 on: January 11, 2023, 04:55:33 PM »
late to the show but just started watching my hero academia

also there's an anime i forgot existed I too Watched Ai no Kusabi before, and found it again and oh the feelings
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: January 11, 2023, 07:35:59 PM »
I just picked up My Hero Academia S5 Pt2 on DVD and I kind of love that the cover artwork says "My Villain Academia."

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1354 on: January 12, 2023, 10:06:42 AM »
I feel like for a mainstream shounen series BnHA is not bad. I can't stand any of the villains, though, and find their motives/actions/everything kind of all over the place. But I do like the class of kids, and Deku/Bakugo's rivalry/mutual competition evolution, etc.

I feel like the villains are always trying to hard, and All for One is OP thus annoying.

I'm not up to date with it though.

I don't think I've seen Ai no Kusabi, but I do remember Nabari no Ou did it for my emotions. And probably not for the reasons most people would think.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: January 13, 2023, 07:29:10 AM »
I feel like for a mainstream shounen series BnHA is not bad. I can't stand any of the villains, though, and find their motives/actions/everything kind of all over the place. But I do like the class of kids, and Deku/Bakugo's rivalry/mutual competition evolution, etc.

I feel like the villains are always trying to hard, and All for One is OP thus annoying.

I'm not up to date with it though.

I don't think I've seen Ai no Kusabi, but I do remember Nabari no Ou did it for my emotions. And probably not for the reasons most people would think.

Yeah, I agree about the villains not making much sense but I like the interactions the kids have. 

The end of Assassination Classroom always gets me, which surprised me the first time because the show is so quirky and fun that you don't want it to end, but you know that's how it has to be.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: January 14, 2023, 06:34:33 AM »
Yeah, the end of Assassination Classroom is like that for me too. I like the show and the quirkiness and the kids, but I don't really like the ending.

I live for the character interaction in both shows though.

Okamoto Nobuhiko voices both Karma in AC and Bakugou in BnHA which is a bit mindblowing (in the original Japanese).

I feel like both characters ought to be unlikeable but they're somehow not.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: January 14, 2023, 03:52:00 PM »
Assassination Classroom is on my "to be watched list."  I don't know what the ending is, but reading what you're saying about it is making me a little nervous. :unsure:

I need to get back to  Haikyuu but haven't felt relaxed enough lately to enjoy watching Crunchyroll, due to some real life stuff going on.

I ordered both the original Fruits Basket anime and the final season of the newer one from Amazon.  I know there are some people that don't like the original series for different reasons, but I will always like it.  :D

I picked up The Tale of the Princess Kaguya today.

Ponyfan

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: January 14, 2023, 06:42:14 PM »
Assassination Classroom is on my "to be watched list."  I don't know what the ending is, but reading what you're saying about it is making me a little nervous. :unsure:
Ponyfan

Let's just say it will make you feel all the feels. 

I still need to get season 3 of the new Fruits Basket.  I haven't seen it yet.  I also enjoy the original series, so you're not alone there. 

I watched Recovery of an MMO Junkie and it's pretty cute.  I also enjoyed Run With the Wind.  I wasn't sure about that one when I picked it up but it was a fun one.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: January 15, 2023, 04:45:49 AM »
I didn't finish run with the wind. It was ok but I didn't connect to the characters.

I still think watching Assassination Classroom is worth it. It's quite a long anime overall :)

I liked the original Furuba but prefer the new. Although they changed all the seiyuu, I found that it didn't matter to me much in the end.

CR was having a rough time yesterday for me and didn't want to load anime, but I did eventually get it to work. I rewatched the start of SpyxFamily...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: January 16, 2023, 12:44:03 PM »
At church yesterday I was playing a "get to know you" game with the new class I get to teach and I got asked what my favorite cartoon was.  I went with Disney's Alice in Wonderland because I didn't want to explain what "Assassination Classroom" or "Yuri on Ice" were to a bunch of 7-yr-olds!  :lol:  I suppose I could have gone with "Haikyu" but knowing some of these kids they'd go home and ask their parents to watch it and the language isn't what their parents would appreciate. (Yes, we are in a tiny, religious community so even the mild swears of Haikyu would be very much complained about as inappropriate for that age group.)  But I know I have a bunch of little nerds in my class because we played Pictionary and the pictures included Link from Legend of Zelda and an Oreo guard from Wreck-it Ralph and one little girl said her favorite game was Mario.  Maybe I should have said Pokemon, even if it isn't really my favorite.  They would have at least known what it was.

Currently watching Amagami SS.  I'm pretty sure it's based off a dating sim since each 4 episodes is a story arc with the main character dating a different girl.

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #1361 on: January 16, 2023, 01:00:47 PM »
I just started watching Trigun because I was really impressed with the trailers for Trigun Stampede, but I want to watch the original series first. Really loving it!!
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: January 17, 2023, 04:26:33 PM »
There's a new trailer for the Sailor Moon Eternal/Cosmos movies  featuring the Sailor Starlights.  The trailer is in Japanese.  I don't think there are any spoilers, but I will put the trailer in the spoiler tags just in case.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 07:28:08 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: January 21, 2023, 07:27:54 PM »
I'm rewatching Yona of the Dawn.

Major spoilers in the tags if you haven't read the manga.

Spoiler
Knowing everything that's been revealed in the manga about how Yuhon and Yona's mother were actually killed and why puts a different perspective on Suwon and Yona's conversation after Yona saw Suwon kill Il.  I wanted to shout at the screen that Yuhon was responsible for Kashi's death and Il killed Yuhon in retaliation.

Seeing how Taejun acts in the anime makes me feel a little bad that the anime stopped before we got to see what he's really like. 

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 07:29:46 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: January 22, 2023, 12:47:17 AM »
I'm rewatching Yona of the Dawn.

Major spoilers in the tags if you haven't read the manga.

Spoiler
Knowing everything that's been revealed in the manga about how Yuhon and Yona's mother were actually killed and why puts a different perspective on Suwon and Yona's conversation after Yona saw Suwon kill Il.  I wanted to shout at the screen that Yuhon was responsible for Kashi's death and Il killed Yuhon in retaliation.

Seeing how Taejun acts in the anime makes me feel a little bad that the anime stopped before we got to see what he's really like. 

Ponyfan
Spoiler

The kill cycle with the parents is a really unpleasant and quite tragic mess. As much as I don't really hate Suwon, I feel like so much unnecessary tragedy and...all of it actually goes back to the ancient time and the blood curse going through his family. Zeno explaining that to Suwon was actually helpful though it's still all very sad. If not for the curse, then Suwon's father would likely have been king. And the curse is part of the reason he was so brutal...and yeah, it's a mess.

Although. When Suwon told Zeno he never thought of Yona as his heir, that annoyed me. After everything, he's still trying to deny her the throne based on something her father did, or his belief that she's incapable (although he must see she isn't). It's like he can't let go of this hero complex that HE has to save Kouka all on his own.

I always feel like that about Taejun. I love him as a character (sad we haven't seen him for a while :'() but the anime makes him out to be unpleasant and his arc is RIGHT after the series ends :/
« Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 12:50:58 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal