collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Paypal e-checks & Ebay  (Read 1742 times)

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
Paypal e-checks & Ebay
« on: April 09, 2012, 08:00:06 PM »
Is there any way to NOT accept Paypal e-checks as an Ebay payment? I've been selling a lot in the last few months, and more & more buyers are paying via e-checks. I have payment required within 3 days of the end of the auction on all of my listings, however with the e-check the buyer may send it right away, but it takes several days to a week or more to clear. I just got an international e-check that may not clear until April 20th.  :shocked:

Sorry to vent... it's just getting a bit frustrating when half of my incoming funds are on hold.

Offline MsTwilight

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Paypal e-checks & Ebay
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 09:14:10 PM »
I believe you can block echecks on Paypal but not if the sale is made on ebay. If you accept Paypal on ebay you must accept all payments... unfortunately.  :huh: I did hear that the immediate payment option may block echecks but I am not certain. Plus, my customers that send echecks never seem to use BIN, they always bid.

I cringe when I see that I have an echeck payment. Especially the international ones. Why can't buyers just add a debit card to their account and send their payments instantly? *shakes head*

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 03:15:32 AM »
I found this on how to change it but she states she still gets a few. 
http://reviews.ebay.com/How-To-Block-Most-PayPal-eCheck-Payments?ugid=10000000003310704

I guess all you can do is try it and see. :) 

I hate getting echecks too because it seems like it is usually from buyers with very low feedback.  And I am not sure they understand that I will not ship till it clears.  I have had a echeck bounce so I am always leary.

I just make sure I send an email and state that it may take up to a week to clear and I will ship as soon as it does. 
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline kitkatvintage

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 04:26:48 AM »
Thank you, both! I don't mind an e-check from people I know & trust, but as mentioned with eBay buyers you never know if they will understand that I won't ship until their payment clears. I'll give the block thingie a try. Thanks! :)

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 04:37:54 AM »
I don't like echeques either, though they do clear a LOT faster than they used to!
I once put in an auction that I didn't take echeques and ebay ended my listings as "you have to accept all paypal methods" but I think I'll try the link above, thanks for that ponylady  :thumb:

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 05:33:22 PM »
Blocking e-checks has sooo gotta be worth a try :P   Thanks for posting the link Ponylady :bigups:  :hug:
Yeah they get me worried as well- especially if its a newbie paying ..and they might not realize that there's no way you're gonna ship the item until that echeck clears... and then they go and  give you lower  star rating for delivery time thinking its the sellers fault that its taken the thing 7 days to clear  :yikes: ugh! *end of rant*  :lookround:   Like Ponylady also mentioned, its definitely a good idea to let any buyers who pay buy echeck know that the item will be shipped once the payment clears

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline medleysong

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 10:14:36 PM »
Oh my goodness, I really dislike e-checks. I too just had an international buyer purchase a couple large dollar auctions and pay with an e-check. I almost fainted when it said the clearance date was April 20th for mine. I was really needing the money too *sigh* such a bummer...I feel your pain. :(

StarLite

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 11:13:22 PM »
I cringe when I see that I have an echeck payment. Especially the international ones. Why can't buyers just add a debit card to their account and send their payments instantly? *shakes head*

To be fair, that might not be the buyer's fault. About a year ago, I went through a couple of months during which Paypal refused to accept any instant transfers for eBay, so everything HAD to be paid for with an e-check. (According to others on the Paypal help forum, it was a problem affected a lot of people in Canada.)

KiwiSquirtBottle

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2012, 01:04:50 AM »
Mostly so I can avoid causing people to have posts like this in the future... ;)

Is there a difference between e-checks, and bank fund transfers, in this instance?

StarLite

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2012, 01:13:02 PM »
Mostly so I can avoid causing people to have posts like this in the future... ;)

Is there a difference between e-checks, and bank fund transfers, in this instance?

E-checks just take a week or so to clear, whereas bank transfers are immediate.

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2012, 04:18:24 PM »
I too Hate echecks and have tried to "not accept" them but if I sell something on ebay and someone pays e-check style, paypal doesn't block it...so I message the buyer and explain that I can't ship until payment is cleared. So far, fingers crossed, I haven't received a low rating over it. Mine seem to have came from an international buyer that thought they would get there item the same week they paid...no offense to international members...it's just an ebay problem.
On the e-check side, I purchased quite a few expensive items and paid them all at the same time and for some reason, paypal sent out all the payments as an e-check. When I contacted paypal why it just didn't automatically come out of my bank, they told me I had a protection limit on my account. So if it was a costly item then that may have happened with them too. My bank will only release a certain amount of money daily to protect against fraud.

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline kitkatvintage

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2012, 06:31:43 PM »

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think if you send funds from your bank account but have a credit card on file as "back up" it goes through automatically. If you only have a bank account with no back-up payment option, it goes through as an e-check. Again, I'm not totally sure about this, so if anyone knows for sure please chime in. ;)

I've never had Paypal without a credit card on file, so I'm kinda guessing here. When I signed up for Paypal it was a credit card only service, and the option of adding a bank account came later. I think I signed up within the first few months of Paypal's existence, lol (and at that time you even got $5 credit for anyone you referred).

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2012, 09:12:48 PM »
I have a credit card on file with paypal and when I purchased all those car parts, I used the option to pay with my bank account and it still sent those payments out as a e-check. That was the first and only time it has ever happened though. Paypal said I had a protection limit on my accounts so the only other option was to pay using an e-check.

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2012, 06:16:30 AM »
I also have a bank account listed and a debit card attached but since there aren't funds sitting in the paypal account it wrote several of my recent payments as an echeck because it's having to pull funds from the account to paypal before they go through.  And it cannot be instantaneous for some reason.  I know it can be a pain.  But personally I can't always have money in my paypal account so I appreciate sellers who are willing to work with me. Of course I know delays can be a pain but I full understand that the seller won't ship till payment clears.  :) I'm sorry you are having a hard time though. 
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2012, 10:54:36 AM »
Maybe I should re-think trying to sign up for Paypal, as I don't have a credit card...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal