collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Letting my 2000-2006 My Little Ponies go....but I have questions first  (Read 742 times)

ResaJane

• Trade Count: (0)
Most of my 2000-2006 Ponies are MIB and are in storage taking up huge amounts of space so I am most likely going to find new homes for 90% of them.  I have pretty much every pony from 2000-2006.  I'll be keeping my favorites of course and I will not actually be able to get them sorted out until November of this year but until then I need a few questions answered:

1.  Which of the G3 ponies tend to be the "rarest", more expensive? I am not talking about the ComicCon and Special Event ponies, I am more or less talking about the ponies that could be bought in stores or the "First 50" ponies.

2.  What is the market like lately?  I have not been around in about 6-7 months due to life circumstances and am pretty "out of the loop" lol.

Also, feel free to make any comments regarding which ones would probably sell fastest and PM me if there is anything particular you are looking for (if you are).  I can't get them out  now but I'll keep the PM for when I can :)

Thank you everyone and hope everyone is doing great!

Resa

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
Recently, I would say the non-US and Birth Jewel and Birth Flower ponies are a bit harder to find especially MIB. Also, MIB of the store exclusives can be more difficult to find, especially those with more than one pony. Usually they are found loose and separated.

From what I've seen on Ebay, people seek certain G3 ponies at certain times so one pony that goes for a lot and has bidding war will go for really cheap a few months later.

I'm sure there are other Arena members with more G3 experience that can give
more info. You can do price checks on specific ponies here and there is a Price Check Archive as well. http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/board,149.0.html

Good luck with your sales.
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
1.  Which of the G3 ponies tend to be the "rarest", more expensive? I am not talking about the ComicCon and Special Event ponies, I am more or less talking about the ponies that could be bought in stores or the "First 50" ponies.

Crystal Rainbow Castle ponies
Anchor's Away
The Meijer exclusive ponies are doing okay
Diva  pose Tink-a-Tinka-Too
Diva pose Minty
Menard's exclusives
Snippity Snap

Those are the ones that will fetch the most money..   as said above, birthflowers are sought-after.  The poster above also said that a pony is sought after at one point and then not another.  Totally right. Like I bought Crowning Glory for around $6.00 but she can go for much higher. I guess I didn't hit that "wave" of interest.

2.  What is the market like lately?  I have not been around in about 6-7 months due to life circumstances and am pretty "out of the loop" lol.

It's in a shift. Some view it as awful.  (But great for me, who buys G3!) 3-7 is the average for most right now.  Playsets are way down.    FiM is bringing some new collectors out and some have taken a liking to G3 so sometimes there's a pony that hits a nice price.  I have bought about 15 G3 2011-2012 and have not paid more than $6.00 for each.

I will be pming you with a list of those I am looking for, especially if you say you can't go through them until November..
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
What people have said above is correct.  :)

Most g3s are worth $5-7 MIB with unicorns being a little more sought after.  Birth flowers can be worth up to $12 loose, more MiB .  Anchor's Away's price has dropped recently and I think she's worth between $15 and $20.

Ponies from the Crystal Princess line seem slightly more popular now but those type of hings go in waves.

Good luck in your sales!  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
I have several more common MIB G3's from that same year range that I can not get sold for $5....

So for many of them, I would expect them to go for less than $5 MIB (original 6, plus the ponies that were released in the first 2 years for the most part)
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
For G3's right now it's looking like there are still some rare and sought after ones (they have been mentioned by others) that will get you an okay price.... but like Oneleo1 has said, any common G3 from those years it's doubtful you will sell for $5 each. Most G3's except for the rare or sought after ones are selling for below cost right now.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
I think the prices have picked up a teeny tiny bit in the last month, but I ll just add to the depressing line from everyone above that "retail" or less is the best you will get for a lot of them...only the exclusives [store or country] are still setting nice reasonable rates.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal