collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 674
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: I am upset..non pony purchase gone wrong  (Read 313 times)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
I am upset..non pony purchase gone wrong
« on: November 20, 2013, 01:44:30 AM »
A month ago I commissioned someone to crochet an owl purse for me.  I was so excited anout it.  I gave measurements and colors for what I wanted.  They did not make it the way I wanted at all.  It was the wrong shape, the face was off center and the whole thing was not what I had asked for.  I went into the hospital...got out to find myneighbor was holding it for me.   This is a huge disappointment.   So, after a day I write the seller and they said they would fix the mistakes.  I spend my money to return it..mind you I am still not well yet.  They said they would pay refund shipping. Well, then they say they can't fix it.  I am upset that they were not willing to start over to make it correctly and are only willing to refund me.Now the crochet purse I wanted so badly will never happen, I am under stress and just so upset.
I love this seller, and I won't leave any bad feedback, but now with my husband's job loss, I can't justify using the money to find someone else to make me one.
is it unreasonable for me to be upset that they are not willing to start over to correct mistakes they admit were their fault?  I was willing to wait as long as it took.  I should be happy with the refund, but I am not, I wanted my commission.  I was so looking forward to it and it was an easy thing to make.  Booooo
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 01:47:12 AM by tulagirl »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I am upset..non pony purchase gone wrong
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 02:21:29 AM »
Right now, with your husband's job loss, I don't think I would be upset over a purse. You got the refund. Perhaps that's a sign?

She said she can't fix it and has refunded you. Maybe she doesn't feel confident that it can be made correctly to your specifications you asked for. Hard to tell. She gave it a shot on the first go. I'm kinda surprised that photos were not sent to you beforehand.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 02:24:07 AM »
I think if she is offering a refund that really about as much as you can expect.  It may be that she doesn't think that she CAN make it to your satisfaction.  Imagine if she made it again and you were still not happy? 

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 02:45:59 AM »
I think if she is offering a refund that really about as much as you can expect.  It may be that she doesn't think that she CAN make it to your satisfaction.  Imagine if she made it again and you were still not happy? 

Had she made it the way we agreed in the first place I would have been happy, but she forgot a detail and did not refer back to the directions.  She said she could make that and then changed the pattern.  If she did not think she could make it correctly why didn't she say no in the beginning?  It was basic and easy.  She did not send me any photos, she just made it and shipped it without making sure she had done it correctly.  That was frustrating.  All my commissions have had a photo of progress, as well as a final product.  I believe she doesnt wqnt to remake it at all, but she can make it the way I wanted, but she would have to start over.  She doesn't want to.  I am ok with the refund, but I don't think I will ever trust the commission idea from her again, since she was certain it would be easy and fun and then backed out after her mistakes.  She knows how to do this, she makes a smaller version and doubling the size is not hard at all.

Post Merge: November 20, 2013, 02:55:25 AM

Plus, since I had already purchased her smaller version I dont think this is an issue of me not ever being pleased..she just flat did not make it the way we agreed.  As far as not letting a purse bother me with all we are going thru...yea it does bother me.  It may seem like a small and insignificant thing but this was to be a gift for me that my mom paid to have made..sorry..its just a disappointment.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 02:55:25 AM by tulagirl »

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 03:24:23 AM »
I completely understand why you'd be annoyed! I feel like offering a refund is all well and good, but it doesn't replace the item in question. Was this an Etsy seller?
I don't understand why they would first tell you they can make the changes and then change their mind. Frustrating.

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 03:26:59 AM »
I completely understand why you'd be annoyed! I feel like offering a refund is all well and good, but it doesn't replace the item in question. Was this an Etsy seller?
I don't understand why they would first tell you they can make the changes and then change their mind. Frustrating.

Thank you Little.Fox, you so understand me and how I feel.  Yes this is very upsetting.  I just really feel she didn't want to mess with it.  I don't know why she put me through all of that.  Since she makes these in a smaller version, she can make it. I get the feeling she just doesn't want to mess with it now even after saying it was no big deal to increase the size. All that is... is a matter of extra rows for the bottom and side from the smaller version. 

Post Merge: November 20, 2013, 03:27:45 AM

Oh yea its an Etsy seller I have bought from many many times.

Post Merge: November 20, 2013, 03:29:54 AM

Oh I think she changed her mind because she realized her mistakes were so bad that the whole thing would have to be redone and, she didn't want to do that.  If that makes sense.  She wanted to fix the one she already made, but she didn't make it right and it couldn't be done.  I feel she should have made a new one.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 03:30:38 AM by tulagirl »

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 04:01:46 AM »
I completely understand your frustrations. I think others are right though that she probably doesn't feel she can make it to your standards the second time and doesn't want to be bothered. Which is all fine and good but since you mentioned you had commissioned her before, she has now lost a customer.  :huh: I am sure most of us here would have just admitted our mistake and made you a new one but that's not how everyone operates.

I am honestly not sure what else can be done at this point though. I mean you can't force her to make another one unfortunately, she will have to agree to that. I suppose your only real option is to leave honest feedback and try and find someone else to make it for you, if that someone exists.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2013, 04:12:08 AM »
It really is easy to understand why you're so frustrated, yes you got your money back, but that doesn't make up for the fact that you lost out on getting an item that you not only expected but that you had your heart set on.

You've already gotten some really great advice from several members, so I offer a :hug: and I hope that you can find someone else who can bring your idea to life :)

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2013, 04:14:10 AM »
Oh no I am not going to ask her to redo it.  I have found another seller that makes cute owl purses, I am just not sure spending the money now is a good idea...even if mom paid for it as a gift.I am disappointed, but I will get over it.  I am glad she at least refunded me and my shipping costs.  Oh well....yea, I probably will not ever buy from her again.  Thanks MG!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 04:15:51 AM by tulagirl »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal