collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bid Stacking  (Read 2358 times)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Bid Stacking
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2013, 12:32:33 PM »
As a seller it doesn't bother me much either I guess, because I always set a reserve at a price where I know I'm making money even if I only get the bottom price.

Yes, it seems that I did read somewhere that sellers are talking about bringing back reserve prices or only doing bins to stop this new trend and save their sales from going so low. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2013, 07:39:54 PM »
If I want something, and I am comfortable with a price, I will pay it.  If it happens that I was a victim of shill bidding, so be it.  I almost never review an item's bid history because sometimes I think it is just as silly to complain about winning an item after the fact.

Also, I believe because of eBay's proxy bidding system, what you may be seeing is not shill bidding or "bid stacking" at all, but rather the way the bid history system reads the order of bids.  Fire example, if I place a high bid of $100 on an item with an opening bid of $5, the high bidder displayed in the bid history will be displayed as me every time another person makes a bid that increases the price.  So it will look like I am bidding, but I am not.  It is another person or potentially more than one person making the lesser bids.  They will not appear in the bid history until they make a bid that it over my highest bid.

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2013, 10:12:04 AM »
Just to clarify, its my understanding the bid stacking really is when there are no other people bidding on the auction at all and the first bid placed has a number of bids over 10.  That's the stacking, not the proxy bidding that normally goes on in an auction with more than one bidder.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2013, 10:58:54 AM »
Bid stacking doesn't bother me. I know that the person is putting in really cheap bids so there's a good chance I'll win if I snipe :)
My Wish List

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2013, 11:43:38 AM »
I bid stacked once by accident. i thought my bid was too low, because I always got ared notice and finally when it went through I had put like 5 bids that were all higher than the previous one. I don't know what happened. I was probably just unobservant on what the window actually said.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2013, 02:57:49 PM »
I honestly do not see this as an issue that anyone needs to worry about. There are far bigger issues on ebay  :huh:

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2013, 03:27:30 PM »
I honestly do not see this as an issue that anyone needs to worry about. There are far bigger issues on ebay  :huh:

Yes I agree, yet there are a group of sellers that have been very affected by it.  I guess its not really happening much in the pony world.  It seems silly to let something like this stop a person from bidding on an auction or making a decent profit.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2013, 03:09:54 AM »
Its not something that worries me - as long as I dont see evidence of shilling then I really dont mind. If its something I want I'll bid no matter how many bids are there before mine :awake:

I agree  :)

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Baby Mischief

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Liberae sunt nostrae cogitationes
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2013, 02:09:10 PM »
Aaargh, Im so irritated right now! I was going to bid on several auctions from the same seller today, but she didnt ship to Sweden. I talked to her and she agreed to add me to the list of bidders (because there where already bids on all of the auctions I wanted to bid at). But when I was going to tell her which ones I wanted to bid at and at the same time tell her how to add me to the list, I noticed that there where already too many bids so I figured I didnt want to waste her time with all that work, when I was sure the prices would run too high in the end. But now when I looked closer, it is almost only the same person putting in all the bids..!! And I just read this post, why didnt I look before emailing the seller?! :rant:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal