collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: usps tracking  (Read 491 times)

jaybell

• Trade Count: (0)
usps tracking
« on: June 11, 2013, 09:26:56 AM »
So I shipped out an ebay order yesterday afternoon and I asked her to add on tracking. she said it was included in the "first class parcel". I keep putting in the "label #" and no tracking info has come up. tracking or an expected delivery date is no where on the receipt, did I screw up or...? is it normal for no tracking info to appear for almost 24 hours? the lady was really rude at the post office  :mad: i'm going to be mad if tracking wasn't included like she said i would have added it on. anyone have any ideas?

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
Re: usps tracking
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 09:30:58 AM »
Standard post includes free tracking now. Did you get a number on the receipt? Sometimes it does take a few days to show up in the system..which is annoying.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 09:51:14 AM »
Postage bought at the post office tends to take longer to appear online. Postage bought online usually appears faster, but honestly I have had times where postage bought either way takes over 24 hours. I would not worry quite yet. ;) Best of luck!

jaybell

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 09:52:40 AM »
Standard post includes free tracking now. Did you get a number on the receipt? Sometimes it does take a few days to show up in the system..which is annoying.

i got a "label #", and i've noticed usps sucking really bad about tracking lately.

I'll try not to worry

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 09:58:35 AM »
First Class mail purchased at the PO does not have an automatic tracking number, that is only when you purchase it online. They would have had to add the tracking for an extra charge. Where you charged anything extra on your receipt? It should have been an extra $.90

And does the number that you are entering look similar to this 0300 0000 0000 0000 0000?
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

jaybell

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 10:02:13 AM »
First Class mail purchased at the PO does not have an automatic tracking number, that is only when you purchase it online. They would have had to add the tracking for an extra charge. Where you charged anything extra on your receipt? It should have been an extra $.90

And does the number that you are entering look similar to this 0300 0000 0000 0000 0000?

I do have a number like that, but there was no extra charge

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 10:12:27 AM »
If your number looks similar to that then you should be ok. As Kit said it can take 24 hours to show so I wouldn't worry to much as of yet.

And  :throw: to the rude lady at the PO. That is actually why I quit taking my packages in and started having my postman pick them up because there is one lady who gave me nothing but grief every time I took my stuff in.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

jaybell

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 10:46:42 AM »
If your number looks similar to that then you should be ok. As Kit said it can take 24 hours to show so I wouldn't worry to much as of yet.

And  :throw: to the rude lady at the PO. That is actually why I quit taking my packages in and started having my postman pick them up because there is one lady who gave me nothing but grief every time I took my stuff in.

I just want to be a good ebay seller, lol. and yeah that lady was nuts. the post office gets a lot of traffic b/c it's on a military base so TONS of ppl are in there shipping out packages all the time. it's actually the fastest post office I've ever been too but that lady was crazy rude, the other ones I've dealt with were fine though. bleh.

thanks for all the help though! i'm just new at the selling part and a little nervous LOL  :blush:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal