collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Problems with postage and checkout?!  (Read 479 times)

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
Problems with postage and checkout?!
« on: May 19, 2013, 10:46:44 PM »
I bought something from an ebayer in the US after they assured me that they offer First Class International postage and would adjust the invoice. They said that the listing included the first class quote but it was only showing me International Priority. But when I got to the checkout ebay won't allow me to ask for a correct/update invoice and the seller says that on their end they aren't even allowed to send me an invoice?!

I don't understand what's going on with ebay showing me incorrect quotes (it often shows me free postage or local american postage quotes in my summary, and correct quotes on the listing, which in a rush to bid can be confusing!) and not allowing either of us the check or change anything. The seller said they would check it out but this is something I really want and don't want to miss the chance to buy, but the postage is over $40 and I know it shouldn't cost more than $20. They said that global shipping via ebay going into effect might be messing things up. I'm confused and worried that I'll either have to overpay for shipping or miss out.  :huh:
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
Re: Problems with postage and checkout?!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 11:21:34 PM »
:(

There should not be any reason they cannot send you another invoice. I have had to send invoices multiple times to a few buyers. (Although that has not been when they are wanting to pay...) They will probably need to try again from their end.

I hope it works out!
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 04:04:44 AM »
You wont be able to do anything yourself, but the seller should be able to adjust the shipping price and send you a new invoice  - I cant see why she wouldnt be able to :huh:   It does sound as though your seller is going to try again though, so i wouldnt worry just yet :hug:  When did your seller last contact you? have you only just bought the item or have you been waiting for a new invoice for a while?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 04:35:25 AM »
They should be able to send you a correct invoice. If she is still having trouble tell her to go into her Seller Manger and click on the awaiting payment. Then tell her to hit the drop down menu on the right of your transaction and click Contact Buyer. It will take her to another page and at the very top there is a button that says Send Invoice. She should then be able to edit the shipping before sending you a new one.

I do not know why Ebay has made it hard to resend an invoice but they do.  :huh: 
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 01:46:34 PM »
I haven't heard back from them since last night when they offered to re-list with the cheaper shipping method.
I did however just wake up and reboot my brain and found the 'request total' in the drop down menu, ebay seems to have removed it from the checkout page, so I've sent them that with a message to ask if they can adjust the shipping this way. I really hope they can, fingers crossed!

On another note does anyone know if there is a way to alert ebay to faults in the site through email? I've looked but can't find a way to contact them just about errors and not specifically about sales that doesn't require actually calling them up. I'd like to see the weird shipping mistakes fixed. Seeing something like $4 shipping on your summary only to find it's actually four times as much in the listing because it was showing local instead of international is confusing in a rush lol

Post Merge: May 21, 2013, 01:43:12 AM

The seller managed to fix it without too much more trouble, boy that was weird lol
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 01:43:12 AM by T.L.Squiggle »
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 01:16:39 PM »
Glad to hear it worked out! :)
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 01:28:19 PM »
I am glad to hear it got worked out. Ebay can be finicky sometimes  :P
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal