collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Another new doll! [pic heavy]  (Read 559 times)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
Another new doll! [pic heavy]
« on: April 02, 2012, 12:50:11 AM »
And its not a Liv! xD

I was going to wait to post Liv in Wonderland Alexis until this girl got here, but without tracking I had no idea when she'd arrive and was too excited to wait. And when I woke up today, she'd arrived. XP
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

When I removed the outer box thing, my heart dropped. I have never been so horrified upon seeing one of my dolls for the first time. She ended up being fine, her eyes were stuck mid-change, but it still scared the crap out of me until I got her out of the package.

Her accessories. I've disappointed that they're not pink like on the website (it says nowhere I can find that they might vary in color). She came with another doll's passport, and the entire thing is in Japanese (its super cute so I wish I could read it). Dx I contacted customer support and I really hope they send a correct one. I also included the scary photo above just so they're aware of how she arrived.

Bad photos for eye colors and such.
Silver, green, gray, purple, and eyelids.
And a "comparison" between Pullip, Tangkou, and Liv. The Tangkou is falling backwards a bit. If anyone wants real comparison shots, just ask.

She has super cute Converse shoes, but oh look, not loosing them will be a huge challenge. >.< They fall off pretty easily, regardless of if she's wearing socks or not.

And now, the glamour shots.

If you don't care about what I think of her, you can stop reading now. I used to add "reviews" of dolls/toys I bought in dA descriptions, but I no longer use dA and its a hard habit to break.

After I finished taking photos I decided to check out her body. Her shirts do not have velco, snaps, etc. They slide on and off over her legs. Very annoying. And guess what! She has printed panties. She's a $50 doll. I was so pissed, as she can probably never wear a swimsuit (she also came with actual panties). I'd rather have found disturbing anatomical correctness (this happened to me once, didn't expect it at all and took off the male doll's clothes to inspect his body and found correct lady bits). XP I can't get her headband back on, it had NO stretch, so I'm really ticked about that (the photos on the site also made it look like a hat, so I was very annoyed to find a headband). Their site doesn't tell you what shipping options have tracking and what don't, so that's something to watch out for. I was very angry when I learned the option I chose had no tracking and this was mentioned nowhere (the shipping email even contained a tracking number).

That aside, she's okay. Easy for me to photograph because I'm used to Pullips/Blythes. She's got a bigger waist than Pullips, which I like. She feels more sturdy than Pullips, but much more like a toy (its hard to describe, definitely feels heavier and more "plasticy" than a Liv). Her lower arms come out easily (I was experimenting with posing them and one came out o.O), which I guess could be handy for tight bracelets but I usually hate. She doesn't have the widest range of posing (and, admittedly, I didn't experiment too much) but after being bought a $500 Blythe I'm not gonna complain. xD (Blythes have Barbie bodies, or at least did. I don't keep up with them.)

Overall I'm okay with the purchase. She has an amazing face sculpt imo, and I really really wanted her (I had a character for her before she was even purchased). If she didn't have that character and name Marjorie (very special name to me) I'd probably be a lot less pleased with her. I definitely won't be buying any more Tangkous though.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 04:16:39 AM by Taxel »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal