collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Back again...and tempted to carry on increasing my collection!  (Read 1272 times)

Offline Narah

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
I’m not sure if many will remember me but I’ve been a member since 2005 but in the last 10 years I haven’t been around. My boyfriend at the time dumped me and I changed a lot of things, met someone else, got married and I now have a 3 year-old girl. She loves my ponies although I don’t let her play with all of them obviously.

I have often wondered what to do with my collection, sometimes I wonder if I should sell them (except the ones with most sentimental value). But this past month under quarantine I have been looking at my old ponies in my old room (as we’re staying at my parents’ house) and I even rediscovered my webpage with my collection.
My favourites have always been the Spanish ones as I live here in Spain and they’re part of my heritage. I have quite a few but I’m wondering whether to go ahead and carry on searching for missing ponies!

I’ve forgotten what they’re each worth or their up-to day prices so I wonder if I’ll find them at all!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Check out my Nirvana collection: http://mylittleponycollection.googlepages.com/

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
Re: Back again...and tempted to carry on increasing my collection!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2020, 07:41:24 AM »
Welcome back and your screen name is familiar to me ^.^

A lot has happened in your life :hug: I think it is quite common for things to change and people to move away from ponies, then come back again. I have seen this quite a bit over the years.

If you love your ponies and they are special to you don't part with them :hug: IMHO nice ponies are getting harder to find and so more expensive. There is also the chance you might not be able to buy back anything you do sell, especially if it has some rarity to it.

The market has changed A LOT, things have gone quite crazy with prices (for example some of the Greeks have dropped in value dramatically, while the Argies have sky rocketed) In around 2009 or so people were liquidating their collections due to the recession and the market was some what flooded and prices became unstable.

With the advent of collecting groups on Facebook, Instagram and such makes it hard to gauge what ponies are selling for, due to groups being private and many sales being done between individuals, rather than openly in an auctions. Doing a PC used to be pretty easy, I could search sales here and on eBay, now it is trickier, but I do my best.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Narah

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2020, 10:33:38 AM »
I definitely remember you! I was known because I had lots of piggies and the piggy original moulds from the factory, and I also have a French reverse Bowtie

Check out my Nirvana collection: http://mylittleponycollection.googlepages.com/

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2020, 11:13:23 AM »
YYEESSS! The piggy mould! That is so cool. I have pictures of that saved and your Bowtie as well ^.^

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Narah

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2020, 01:48:36 PM »
Yes!

Well, I have made a list of the ponies I want to get now to complete my Spanish collection.
If anyone has one for sale or knows more or less how they cost feel free to tell me, at least so I can have an idea of what I can expect to pay for them and which will be the hardest to find!

- Spanish TAF Dancing Butterflies
- Spanish TAF Love Melody
- Spanish TAF Sweet Tooth
- Spanish Big Brother Four Speed
- Spanish Flutter Forget Me Not
- Spanish Baby Gusty
- Spanish Baby Ribbon
- Spanish Baby Lockett Split
- Spanish Baby Heartthrob
- Spanish Piggy Lemondrop
- Spanish Piggy Rayito