collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I never planned on collecting ponies...  (Read 272 times)

Sleepyjean

• Trade Count: (0)
I never planned on collecting ponies...
« on: August 25, 2016, 12:48:28 PM »
Hello, everyone! You can call me Stef or Jean. :) I was more of a carebear kid growing up so I'm late to the pony party haha! Originally I started buying ponies to practice customizing before moving onto monster high face-ups, but the toys are just so cute I can't stop at just one or two! Right now I have 3 g3 bait ponies, and two large g4 ponies I'm excited to work on.

I am new to customizing ponies and would like to learn more on how to go about it. That's what led me here! I can't wait to hopefully share my finished projects!

Bommels

Re: I never planned on collecting ponies...
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 03:01:58 AM »
Welcome to the Arena! We have some fantastic customizers here who will surely share a few tips with you :) Have lots of fun customizing and don't forget to share your pictures with us! ;)

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 07:19:57 AM »
Welcome! There are certainly a lot of customizers here, and the MLP Preservation Project website has some great info on restoration as well, which uses some of the same techniques as customizing!

Do you still collect Care Bears as well?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Sleepyjean

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 03:20:45 PM »
Thanks for the welcome! :happy: I am so excited to get started on some customs! And thanks for the tip on restoration! For some reason that never crossed my mind, but I will definitely look into it. Some of the older g1 ponies are absolutely beautiful, but can also be very expensive.

Sadly all I have left of my bears is my original Bedtime Bear plush, currently in storage. The rest went to my nieces and nephews, but I'm happy to report they're well loved! Maybe the younger ones will be interested in my ponies too!

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2016, 05:51:01 PM »
Hello, Sleepyjean! Welcome to the Arena!

I was way more into care bears than ponies as a kid, but my pony collection has far surpassed them by this point. I'm sure the customs folk over in our customs forum would be happy to give tips and inspiration. Enjoy the forums!
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2016, 01:59:07 AM »
Welcome to the Arena :wave:

I too loved Care Bears as well as ponies.  I had a Love-a-Lot backpack that i used to use for kindy and she's still with me to this day :biggrin:

Hope you have fun on the forum!

lostpony

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2016, 03:14:29 PM »
It's never too late to start ponying.  I was 44!

You've come to the right place, make sure to checkout the Customs forum for ideas, feel free to ask questions either in private message or in replies or new posts and we all want to see what you end up with so feel free to post pictures!

Welcome to our pony place and enjoy!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal