collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: When to get worried?  (Read 1351 times)

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
When to get worried?
« on: August 31, 2014, 05:55:48 PM »
I'm not an ebay user. Well, I wasn't, up until about a month ago...

I've been eyeing various auctions for an LE Elsa Disney doll for a while now. All of the auctions would end just out of my budget, and I was resigned that I'd probably never get her. In a moment of "what the heck, it can't hurt," I messaged a few sellers who had either high BIN prices or doll sets, asking if they'd accept a lower price. Eventually, I got one yes back, she relisted the item for me at the agreed upon price, I bought it, paid shortly after, and all was well.

Now, I had a slight problem with PayPal and a credit card, and just to make sure that she received the payment, I sent her a message on Thursday asking if everything had gone through. She said it had, but since she's newer to ebay she can't get the money for a certain amount of time. She also mentioned that the doll should be shipped on Friday.

On her auctions, it also mentions that she ships on Fridays unless she contacts you otherwise.

I haven't heard anything since Thursday, so I sent her a quick message yesterday morning (Saturday), just asking if she'd been shipped yet. No response. I understand that it's a holiday weekend and everything, but am I being unreasonable in wanting a quick "yes I just haven't updated with tracking yet" or "no but I expect to ship her on blahblahblah?" And I guess this means I'll have to wait until Friday to hear anything...

This wouldn't bother me if I didn't spend so much money on her! This is my first time dealing with ebay, too, and I'm not sure how to proceed. Any advice would be appreciated.
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
Re: When to get worried?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 06:45:08 PM »
Don't freak out yet.  Most purchases I make never have any contact from the seller.  Just give it a week or so.  You have from memory 40 days to lodge a claim.  You'd know by then if she was trying to scam you.

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 08:16:51 PM »
If she is a new seller  and does not print from home, she might have to go into the post office to get it shipped and get tracking purchased, so if she did not make it there Friday, she would have to wait until tomorrow when is open again:) ,some post offices  open Saturdays and others do not.
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 03:20:36 AM »
I wouldnt worry just yet -  although I know thats easier said than done and I had my fair share of issues trying to get that doll as well  so i know how you feel :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Your seller *may* not have made it to the PO on Friday - so she would have to wait until today due to the holiday - or she may have posted your doll already but she may have been away for the holiday and possibly had no internet access etc. I'd leave it a few more days or maybe until the end of the week and then send another message (unless she responds in the meantime)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 04:07:28 AM »
I agree with everyone else to not worry just yet. She may have shipped it already through the PO and just hasn't had a chance to message you yet.  I think a lot of new users don't get the concept that you can print your postage right through eBay and that the tracking number will automatically be uploaded for you. Also that even though her funds are being held they will release the shipping costs. Thus taking it to the PO. Just a thought. 

I am sure she will want to get it out to you as soon as possible though since she does not have access to the funds. Let's hope so anyways! Keep us updated and congrats on your new dolly!
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Moss

• Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 12:24:42 PM »
Well, I just got the following message:

"Due to some unfortunate events, Elsa has been damaged ): I will be refunding you the money on the 17th (when I receive your money in my PayPal). I apologize with all my heart for this!"

Do I really have to wait until she gets the money to get a refund? Not sure I like the idea of it sitting around for so long...
link

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 12:34:17 PM »
No.  She should be able to reverse the transaction before that.  Open a claim, say it's just so you can get the reversal quicker and not to cause offense.  If she accepts the claim the transaction will be reversed.

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 02:37:09 PM »
Really? OK that's just not right. I would open a case ASAP as xeevee mentioned to do.

If she is a new seller, as previously mentioned the funds will NOT be released until she provides a valid tracking number anyways. Which she has not, so that is a lie that they will be released on the 17th. That is a fact  :)

Honestly I would proceed with opening a case for "item not received". Normally I would say wait a few days/week for confirmation but she flat out said that mysteriously the doll has been damaged. I find this scenario hard to believe.

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2014, 03:18:37 PM »
Sounds like your seller changed her mind and decided to keep the doll. That's unacceptable. Asking you to wait 15 days for a refund is also unacceptable. I would definitely file a claim through PayPal and then leave negative feedback.

Offline Moss

• Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2014, 06:16:12 PM »
I'd messaged her earlier asking about the damage, but I think you guys are right  :huh: It sounds fishy, so I just opened a claim with the hopes that she'll agree to it quickly. sigh. Back to the doll hunt!
link

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2014, 03:40:01 AM »
UGH! why does this give me deja vu?! I am absolutely furious for you hun! This seller is messing you about. Likely  the person decided they will be able to get more for the doll at a later time (ie: xmas rush) and has had second thoughts so put off shipping and come up with an excuse not to send your doll  :mad:
(same case scenario as my first seller of this doll - kept my money for a month then backed out of the sale on ebay with an excuse..then was stupid enough to relist the doll(s) for a crazy higher price right after she refunded and told me she didnt have them and couldnt send to me)
Back to your own situation Moss, if it was real why did she not tell you right away, or why did she not ship right away and left it so it got "damaged", why is she holding your money, why did she not provide photo evidence of the damaged doll as "I cant send it because its damaged now" is one of the oldest and most pathetic excuses in the book - yes it happens occasionally to be true (rarely though!)  but then you need to be shown pics at least .

You were right to open a case right away after that message. Dont let this person drag things out and keep your money - what she has done is not acceptable.
 BTW it wouldnt happen to be a UK seller would it? :huh: :what:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Moss

• Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2014, 05:44:32 AM »
UGH! why does this give me deja vu?! I am absolutely furious for you hun! This seller is messing you about. Likely  the person decided they will be able to get more for the doll at a later time (ie: xmas rush) and has had second thoughts so put off shipping and come up with an excuse not to send your doll  :mad:
(same case scenario as my first seller of this doll - kept my money for a month then backed out of the sale on ebay with an excuse..then was stupid enough to relist the doll(s) for a crazy higher price right after she refunded and told me she didnt have them and couldnt send to me)
Back to your own situation Moss, if it was real why did she not tell you right away, or why did she not ship right away and left it so it got "damaged", why is she holding your money, why did she not provide photo evidence of the damaged doll as "I cant send it because its damaged now" is one of the oldest and most pathetic excuses in the book - yes it happens occasionally to be true (rarely though!)  but then you need to be shown pics at least .

You were right to open a case right away after that message. Dont let this person drag things out and keep your money - what she has done is not acceptable.
 BTW it wouldnt happen to be a UK seller would it? :huh: :what:
To be honest, I'd probably respect someone more if they just outright said, "I've decided not to go through with the sale at this time, but let me help you get your money back." I wouldn't be happy with it, but at least they'd be honest. Too bad that'll never happen.

No, it was a US seller. And it's just so annoying because we had been in contact for a few days while she waited for the listing to end so she could list it for me at the agreed price. Like if you were having second thoughts, why go through all the trouble? And of course now I'm not hearing from her at all.

Not sure if anyone would know, but if you pay with a credit card through PayPal, can you cancel the charge through the credit card company? My mom doesn't like me using my debit card on larger purchases, in case something like this happens and the money is already gone. So we were wondering if the PayPal dispute starts taking too long, if we could just call the credit card company and dispute it that way. It wouldn't bother me so much if it wasn't such an expensive purchase! And I'm afraid to try for another doll until this mess gets sorted out.

Oh, and would it be acceptable to leave the seller a negative feedback for this?
link

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2014, 06:47:38 AM »
You can dispute with your credit card company if Paypal are unable/unwilling to get your money back for you :)
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Moss

• Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2014, 04:32:41 PM »
Okay, I just heard back from the seller through ebay:

"
I suppose I'm not sure what to do now? "

Uh... I've never handled a paypal dispute from either side, so how do I walk her through it?
link

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2014, 06:32:16 PM »
You shouldn't have to walk your seller through a dispute  :)

I love Ohio Meat Pie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal