collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What would you say to this seller?  (Read 1198 times)

Offline teacher316

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
What would you say to this seller?
« on: July 01, 2014, 06:02:23 PM »
This seller has the shipping cost of 2 ponies at $9.00 so I asked why it was so high. I was not mean or nasty in any way. I was only wondering if there was a logical reason for the high cost. This is what she said:

Thank you for your interest, but, please do not bid if you plan on giving low shipping feedback. Especially since you know what it is before you bid and have the choice. It's about providing something special and uncommon for potential bidders. 99% of my buyers are happy to bid and factor in the shipping before they decide to bid. I see that you are also a seller, questioning my shipping seems hostile. I have never bid on something and then complained about the shipping, nor have I ever questioned someones shipping before I even bid. If you disagree with shipping ...just don't bid and find one for sale with free shipping. Sorry

I'm not sure what I should say back to her. What would you say?

Offline Navi

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What would you say to this seller?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 06:08:50 PM »
In my experience, if anyone responds to a simple question with that much text, the transaction will probably be a pain in the butt. The seller doesn't sound like they're going to budge on the shipping cost at any rate.

I'd forget it and move on. Save yourself the hassle!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :heart: Minty! :heart:

Seeking Petite Ponies (trade/wish list)
Formerly known as navichan.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 06:16:47 PM »
If the shipping is already set and it's on eBay, then that is what you should abide by. I know it is higher than actual shipping costs but they are most likely factoring in the packaging, PayPal fees and maybe even eBay fees. If you are not willing to pay it then I would just thank them for their response or just not respond and move on if you decide not to bid.

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 06:21:38 PM »
sellers have the ability to charge what they want for shipping sadly.
i know i try to offer the cheapest shipping possible, and sometime will get bite in the bum for it later.
i always add about 6 oz to the shipping cost now, cuz i forget to include the packing weight.

but many sellers have upped the shipping now that ebay takes a cut of that as well.

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 06:22:45 PM »
You could apologize for coming off a certain way and explain that you were not trying to be rude, just to earnestly ask a question, and then thank them for their response.

Or you don't even have to reply at all. You are not obligated to, especially if you decide not to buy the ponies. I think many would disagree with me on that though. I personally think you should do that first option, but I wouldn't sweat it if you decide not to write another message. No one deserves to be talked to like that.

Gloomygirl777

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 06:31:12 PM »
If it was me I wouldn't respond and wouldn't bid...I wouldn't want to give my money to someone who was so rude. As a seller I feel like you should politely answer peoples questions even if you find them to be "annoying" or whatever.....the seller could have given the same answer in a much nicer way. RUDE.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 04:38:52 AM »
You could apologize for coming off a certain way and explain that you were not trying to be rude, just to earnestly ask a question, and then thank them for their response.

Or you don't even have to reply at all. You are not obligated to, especially if you decide not to buy the ponies. I think many would disagree with me on that though. I personally think you should do that first option, but I wouldn't sweat it if you decide not to write another message. No one deserves to be talked to like that.

I'm going to agree with this advice ^^ :)  Some sellers have upped the shipping due to the extra fees and some (like this one) wont change their prices and dont like you to question them over it either.
Or maybe she was just having a bad day and unfortunately she took it out on you/took things the wrong way and took offense to your question. I  personally would respond politely with comments like the ones that Rachel -Eyes suggested, even if you dont wish to buy from them  ;)

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2014, 02:10:57 PM »
What would I say? I would probably not respond at all, this seller doesn't seem like the type who would appreciate a follow-up message. But if I felt like I had to respond, I'd say "Thanks for the[quick] answer. Sorry if I came off as rude. Thanks for the time," and then just avoid the seller from here on out.
I'll put something here some time

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2014, 06:43:11 PM »
IMHO I don't think that's high shipping at all.  :(  I don't like how her message comes across, it's best to avoid those types!  There will always be another pony!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2014, 01:21:20 PM »
As a seller I feel like you should politely answer peoples questions even if you find them to be "annoying" or whatever.....the seller could have given the same answer in a much nicer way. RUDE.

^This. $9 shipping for two ponies is unusually high (at least if the seller lives in the USA like you), and the seller should have been more gracious when you simply asked why. Kind of strange that he or she immediately got defensive, saying you seemed "hostile" and asking you not to leave her bad feedback.

If you do respond, you might say something like "Thank you for your reply" and then drop it and don't bid on the auction; I wouldn't advise saying sorry unless you reread your reply and see that it could have come off as blunt or rude, since it doesn't seem like you have anything to apologize for. :)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2014, 03:07:25 PM »
If the shipping is already set and it's on eBay, then that is what you should abide by. I know it is higher than actual shipping costs but they are most likely factoring in the packaging, PayPal fees and maybe even eBay fees. If you are not willing to pay it then I would just thank them for their response or just not respond and move on if you decide not to bid.
This

I also have no idea how some of you pack your ponies, but nine isn't high to me. Once I box them, wrap them (not a lot just like a sandwich Baggie and one layer if bubble wrap) my packages will hit $9 with just a few ponies.

I just wouldn't respond and move on. That's her shipping cost, and it's clearly stated. I'm sure you can find the ponies somewhere else.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline teacher316

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2014, 02:42:20 PM »
Thanks for all your suggestions. I didn't respond back to her as I did feel like she came off as rude. I was not rude in my question in any way. I know sometimes packaging is included or other things that add up. That being said, I am a seller myself and have sent 2 ponies for less than that several times. Also just to add, I recently mailed a 28 inch jumbo care bear for a little over $11 so that is why her shipping quote seems ridiculous to me. I will definitely be avoiding this seller in the future.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal