collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What would be a suitable resolution?  (Read 631 times)

Offline Saoirse

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Part time collector, Full time addict!
    • View Profile
What would be a suitable resolution?
« on: May 22, 2013, 08:07:42 AM »
So I had a bit of a clearout just before my son was born 5 weeks ago) ,so I had space for a crib! lol.. I sold quite a few ponies but I sold a baby brother bandana to a member here, anyway she pm'ed me to say that it hasn't arrived :(
I'll admit I was a bit dis-organised coming up to the birth but I'm definite it went out, because the fella in the post office asked me why I was sending an empty envelope, joking like, and I said it wasn't and put vintage toys clothing on the customs form. I suppose its possible it could still arrive, its gone to Australia, but I asked the buyer if she would like a refund?

She replied saying not to worry, but since I mainly buy Im putting myself in the position and would feel a bit put out. I don't know if offering a refund has just made me look like I forgot to send it and feel guilty!  But I didn't offer her tracking so I feel like the guilty party!

Anyway, how do I proceed with this? :)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: What would be a suitable resolution?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 09:37:54 AM »
Well, it sounds like you did a fantastic first step and that was offering a refund.  If your buyer is willing to wait a little while then I would do that.  It seems that anything posted to Australia has the potential to be a bit of a wait.  I guess I would just say to my buyer, if at any time you are tired of waiting (assuming it has been a fair amount of time that has past for the item to get there), you can always tell them you will give them a refund.  All they need to do is contact you about it.  I would also check in with them on say a Monday and a Friday to see if it has arrived.  Communication is so important and it really looks like you are off to a good start.

Post Merge: May 22, 2013, 09:40:25 AM

PS: I don't think a refund makes you guilty anything could have happened.  If it has been 5 weeks it may still be on its way.  I have heard some horror stories about shipping times with Australia but you are much closer than I am.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 09:42:18 AM by tulagirl »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 01:05:39 PM »
 :hug: hun, it did not make you look bad for offering a refund, any diligent and caring seller would.

Perhaps you could maybe wait a week and if not then offer the refund again to her. If in the event it shows after you have reimbursed her, she can always resubmit payment to you.

It's always nerve wracking when items take forever to show but I am sure it will.  As tula mentioned just keep good communication and all should be fine.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 03:52:56 PM »
oh don't worry, When I have had items lost in the post and I believe the seller sent it then I don't or never ask for a refund either. I figure I save a lot not having to pay for tracking so that more than balances out a parcel or 2 lost each year (although it suxs its not the sellers fault).
As a buyer with a lost item I always think about what if I was the seller and that happened to me hence not asking for a refund :  )

Offline Saoirse

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Part time collector, Full time addict!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 02:26:48 PM »
Thanks everyone for the nice words and advice :hug:

The buyer hasnt been on in a few days so I'm not quite sure what the story is, hopefully its arrived in the meantime..I'll make sure to let her know again that a refund is an option.

I've definitely learned the hard way though to quote tracked shipping, maybe stupidly I automatically go for regular just to save the buyers pocket! But I'm just going to quote tracked and regular, and give the choice..it'll save worry too ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal