collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Second baby hippogriff toy found?  (Read 3009 times)

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
Re: Second baby hippogriff toy found?
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2017, 06:18:25 AM »
Since when does Hasbro suddenly not care about branding their toys?
Hasbro: alright! Which one of you interns forgot to put the brand on these? First you mess up schedules of new episodes, and now this?! Kids these days...
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2017, 07:35:15 AM »
Aww they are super cute, I want them now they would be fine additions to my collection.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2017, 07:37:08 AM »
You know what I find interesting? The little pets that come with the baby sea ponies and hippogryphs don't have the iconic MLP logo printed on their back somewhere, like every MLP critter friend from the first two years of G4 releases does. Since when does Hasbro suddenly not care about branding their toys?

Maybe it's stamped into the mold so they don't need to waste paint to print it?
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2017, 10:20:22 AM »
Help Help! I am being dragged into G4 against my will! I do so love hippogriffs: I hope they come to SA...

You are probably right Wardah stamping the mold vs. painting = lots of lovely savings for Hasbro. From all I have read they appear to be all about the savings these days.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2017, 11:25:18 AM »
These and the Baby seaponies have a way of drawing you in and saying "Buy me, I'm really cute" when you see them in the stores.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2017, 12:27:39 PM »
You know what I find interesting? The little pets that come with the baby sea ponies and hippogryphs don't have the iconic MLP logo printed on their back somewhere, like every MLP critter friend from the first two years of G4 releases does. Since when does Hasbro suddenly not care about branding their toys?

Maybe it's stamped into the mold so they don't need to waste paint to print it?

No, that's what I meant. Sorry, I should have said stamped instead of printed. The pets from years 1 and 2 of the G4 line each had a MLP logo set into the plastic mold, usually on the back of the head or the critter's back or tail. Somewhere it wouldn't be obvious while on display. These fish/dolphin/seahorses don't. Not the ones I've bought so far, anyway.

Actually the baby seaponies themselves don't, either. There's a small 'Hasbro (c) 2016' on the back of the baby seaponies head, but no MLP logo. ....do the regular G4's even have the logo under their hooves anymore?
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2017, 02:32:39 PM »
....do the regular G4's even have the logo under their hooves anymore?

They do!

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2017, 03:22:23 PM »
These guys are super cute but the eye placement is terrible. They look like little pony chameleons lol.

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline Raindrop

• Trade Count: (+299)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2017, 05:50:00 PM »
These are so cute!  I just wish they were brushable.  Will probably buy some anyway.  Caved and bought one of the baby seaponies....

Offline RavenPaw

• Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2017, 10:49:04 PM »
Wait wait wait you mean there are hippogriffs??   :yippee:  I did not know this, I must have them all!

Sorry if I seem clueless but I haven't been paying that much attention to G4, I knew there was Gilda the griffin but I didn't know there were hippogriffs too.  I am so majorly obsessed with griffins (and any griff- creature) that I can not describe it!

So these are new but not quite out now?

Correct!  and these are just the babies.  We are getting at least one adult size and one megasize one (same size as giant Spike).  I predict these wont be out till the spring but I could be wrong.

And if hippogriffs make you excited, you might want to make time to go see the movie. ;)

Definitely want to see the movie!  It's gonna be hard to wait for these, and the adult one.  I want them right naow!   :P  But I've already ordered the megasize one (I think) from Amazon, I had to have it.

I will have a heard (or is it a flock?) of hippogriffs when they come out!  I really hope they come out in stores near me so I don't have to order them online.

Help Help! I am being dragged into G4 against my will! I do so love hippogriffs: I hope they come to SA...

You are probably right Wardah stamping the mold vs. painting = lots of lovely savings for Hasbro. From all I have read they appear to be all about the savings these days.

Sorry, I don't think there is any help.  I tried to resist G4 for a long time but I don't anymore.  Resistance is futile, muahahaha!  ;)  Especially with hippogriffs!

I could squawk about the fact that hippogriffs are supposed to have beaks, not horse muzzles, but I won't cuz they're so very cute. 
~RavenPaw

Av base by Lady-Cybercat.  Sig base by MoogleyMog

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2017, 10:54:23 PM »
Wait wait wait you mean there are hippogriffs??   :yippee:  I did not know this, I must have them all!

Sorry if I seem clueless but I haven't been paying that much attention to G4, I knew there was Gilda the griffin but I didn't know there were hippogriffs too.  I am so majorly obsessed with griffins (and any griff- creature) that I can not describe it!

So these are new but not quite out now?

Correct!  and these are just the babies.  We are getting at least one adult size and one megasize one (same size as giant Spike).  I predict these wont be out till the spring but I could be wrong.

And if hippogriffs make you excited, you might want to make time to go see the movie. ;)

Definitely want to see the movie!  It's gonna be hard to wait for these, and the adult one.  I want them right naow!   :P  But I've already ordered the megasize one (I think) from Amazon, I had to have it.

I will have a heard (or is it a flock?) of hippogriffs when they come out!  I really hope they come out in stores near me so I don't have to order them online.

Sorry, I don't think there is any help.  I tried to resist G4 for a long time but I don't anymore.  Resistance is futile, muahahaha!  ;)  Especially with hippogriffs!

I could squawk about the fact that hippogriffs are supposed to have beaks, not horse muzzles, but I won't cuz they're so very cute.

Swap its head with the Reboot poses. They have beaks.

Post Merge: October 02, 2017, 10:55:44 PM

Sorry...G4 finally got me. *hands NightGlider lifesaver and harpoon gun* Good luck.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2017, 02:40:44 AM »
Oh dear! I am afraid, very much afraid that you guys might be right... Because (hanging head confession) I just might have gone to the toy store and I might have perhaps bought a pre-reboot G4 Rainbow Dash. Those big eyes they are just so... so... adorable. But only "might" mind you.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2017, 07:49:54 AM »
Oh dear! I am afraid, very much afraid that you guys might be right... Because (hanging head confession) I just might have gone to the toy store and I might have perhaps bought a pre-reboot G4 Rainbow Dash. Those big eyes they are just so... so... adorable. But only "might" mind you.

This sounds like the opposite of a problem!

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2017, 09:37:39 AM »
*pats baby hippogriffs and baby sea ponies on heads* That's right, my lovelies make them love you so they can't resist your cuteness. 

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2017, 09:50:11 AM »
*pats baby hippogriffs and baby sea ponies on heads* That's right, my lovelies make them love you so they can't resist your cuteness. 

Ponyfan

:shakefist: Brain-washer! Villainess! Quit encouraging them, I need some money in my wallet.  *grumble, grumble*

;)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 09:51:59 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal