collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Strange things you did to/with your ponies when you were a kid.  (Read 3020 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Strange things you did to/with your ponies when you were a kid.
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2017, 03:01:12 PM »
I loved taking Windy in the bath and swishing her hair around so I could enjoy the rainbow colors.

Oh, you reminded me of my earliest pony memory! I was three years old, and for some reason I gave Windy a shower/bath in a maroon easter egg box. Just put her in and tipped water right over her. I have NO idea why.

I also believed Shady's hair glowed in the dark, so never combed it or washed it. For that reason she still has her curls, though most of my early childhood ponies lost theirs.

That's cute. :3

Well in a way it almost does seem to glow in partial light. Like when it's raining or at twilight/early morning.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2017, 04:20:04 PM »
I used to get bundled up in my snow suit in the winter and go take my ponies outside to play...one of my favourite adventures was Lucky trying to find his friends and his way home after getting separated in an avalanche.  I would dig holes in the snow banks for him to find shelter while making his trek across the treacherous mountain to home, and finding his friends along the way....
Surprised he didn't rust from the inside out with all the snow he tumbled around in  :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline Crystal-Sushi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Consistently broke :0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2017, 02:00:57 AM »
I grew up with G3 - thus hoof magnets. My ponies would go on vertical mountain-climbing expeditions up the fridge  ^.^
I remember freaking out when one of them (Scootaloo, I think) fell down the side and my mum had to fish her out with a broom.

I'd also obsessively organise my entire collection on this round felted rug we had in the living room. It had a geometric pattern so I'd place a pony of corresponding size in each shape and so forth... I believed that when I managed to complete the whole pony circle/pentagram I would bring them to life, I think? I remember being annoyed that I didn't have enough baby ponies and breezies though :P

Finally, I did also carry them by the tails when I wanted to shift a whole bunch at once -  but then poor Blossomforth's hair started falling out and I stopped (she remains bald to this day) :lookround:
I finally found my grail! :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal