collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Going to see Equestria Girls in cosplay, too much?  (Read 3020 times)

Offline BabyMedley

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+60)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Going to see Equestria Girls in cosplay, too much?
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2013, 05:54:00 PM »
Snapdragon,

I bought tickets for the premiere at the LA Film Festival if that's what you are talking about. I plan to stand in line for a looooooong time to get decent seats.

I might wear a pony skirt that I bought at LPU (I wore it in the Build A Bear Special for Brony Clubhouse)...if folks see me, some say hi! I love meeting other collectors!
BabyMedley

I'm at almost 2,500 ponies!
Former Chair of Equestria LA
Follow me on Twitter: caycifish!

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2013, 06:13:56 PM »
If I snag a ticket I'll be going as Rainbow Dash (Applejack Engineer if everything shows up on time) so go crazy!

OMG, I might see you! We're going to the LA premiere party too! XD If you see Rarity - say hi! I got all my pieces tonight, I just gotta trim some hems and we are in business!!

Post Merge: June 12, 2013, 12:46:16 AM

Oooh, slight panic moment, apparently you can't buy tickets for the premiere party in LA - apparently it's ALL 'rush' seating? Oh dear. Let's hope we can snag a seat!
I'm going out of my city (Pasadena) since there's no way I'm gonna make the premiere. I'm gonna go to the Van Nuys showing even if it's a little bit of a drive (half an hour, not bad)

If I see you I'll be sure to say hi!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Duster reference]

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2013, 06:43:38 PM »
Oh dear...why are you not allowed to see the film?

well, I can't really afford to go see the movie... And Mr.TALE gets worried sometimes when I go out without him. He's just trying to make sure i'm safe because London isn't too friendly some days. He'd rather be there with me just in case something were to happen.

Thats a shame you cant see the movie but also sweet the Mr.Tale is thinking of you do much.

He can always go along! I asked my hubby if he would go with me, and he sighed and said yes. I don't think I'll get him to dress up in anything pony-related (sometimes we call ourselves Mr. and Mrs. Cake, it's our codenames) but at least he'll go along and suffer through!
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2013, 06:52:26 PM »
My boyfriend is coming along with me! He's not thrilled, but he's not dreading it! See if your husband wants to go! :)
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2013, 07:07:06 PM »

well, I can't really afford to go see the movie... And Mr.TALE gets worried sometimes when I go out without him. He's just trying to make sure i'm safe because London isn't too friendly some days. He'd rather be there with me just in case something were to happen.

that sounds uncomfortably controlling. No one should be 'allowing' you to do anything, let alone see a movie. You should go!

ALSO! Shiro, I told you this before, but I really like that costume. I think it'd be a cute thing to wear there.  I remember seeing people done up as Klingons, Starfleet officers, and even more at various nerd-thing movies over the years.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 07:10:29 PM by Rosencrantz »
 (backcard by Ivy!)

CottonTALE

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2013, 07:10:17 PM »

that sounds uncomfortably controlling. No one should be 'allowing' you to do anything, let alone see a movie. You should go!

It's not so bad... He's only trying to look out for my safety and I know he doesn't mean to control, he has good intentions. But it's also a matter of cost too, neither Mr.TALE or I have enough to go see the movie in theatres so we'll just have to wait for it to come out on DVD or see it another time.

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2013, 07:12:27 PM »

It's not so bad... He's only trying to look out for my safety and I know he doesn't mean to control, he has good intentions. But it's also a matter of cost too, neither Mr.TALE or I have enough to go see the movie in theatres so we'll just have to wait for it to come out on DVD or see it another time.

Ma'am, I will not pursue this because it would derail poor Shiro's thread and I do not want to upset you but I am worried.

As for the money reason, yeah, movies are pretty expensive these days.
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2013, 08:13:32 PM »
Snapdragon,

I bought tickets for the premiere at the LA Film Festival if that's what you are talking about. I plan to stand in line for a looooooong time to get decent seats.

I might wear a pony skirt that I bought at LPU (I wore it in the Build A Bear Special for Brony Clubhouse)...if folks see me, some say hi! I love meeting other collectors!

Really? Are they sold out now? D: Because when I go to order tickets, it says 'RUSH' next to it. (Unless I wanna buy the hundred-dollar festival pass - no thanks!) Oh dear!! I didn't buy tickets yesterday because I wasn't sure if I was going, then at midnight I tried to buy some, and no dice!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

pallas

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2013, 09:44:26 PM »
I'm going out of my city (Pasadena) since there's no way I'm gonna make the premiere. I'm gonna go to the Van Nuys showing even if it's a little bit of a drive (half an hour, not bad)

If I see you I'll be sure to say hi!

it's in van nuys?  I'll be in Burbank it's too bad I'm working, would love to see some peeps.

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2013, 11:16:19 PM »
False alarm, my friend showed me where to buy the tickets. D'OH. But I'm confused - the site says rush-only, but you can buy tickets too? Wha??
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Rainbow Revolver

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • An actual dog!!
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2013, 01:24:44 AM »
Sounds like a really cute idea! If I go see the movie I'll probably be Rainbow Dash!  :happy:

3DS Friend Code: 0619-4155-8870

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal