collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New FS Twilight & Cadance spotted at Target  (Read 3009 times)

will2Bfree

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: New FS Twilight & Cadance spotted at Target
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2013, 01:04:05 PM »
First off...please do not throw things at me :P I am a very sensitive soul.

But I am just curious on something. Can I ask why the plastic being a little thinner and squisher puts some people off the FS ponies?

Because it feels super cheap. And in my experience with thin plasticed toys they almost always loose their shape very easily and get this crushed, flattened look about them. Very undesirable. Not to mention, I always expect them to squeak like a dog toy. We're not dogs, Hasbro! :P I strongly prefer toys that hold their shape because it makes them more "realistic".

They were already thin enough that when light is shining from the other side, I could see the shadow of the tail washer, especially noticeable on Fluttershy and Rarity. Any thinner and they'll be practically see-through and not in the cool, gimmicky way, but in the 'if I really wanted to play with that, it wouldn't last a day' kind of way. I assume something of better quality will last longer, so I just don't believe these thinner ones would hold up to the tests of time as well. They were flexible enough before to prevent breakage, but could also bounce back without getting that roadkill-esque quality. Also, while I don't have much experience in this area, I can only imagine it'll make customizing more difficult. Wouldn't the paint chip off when the plastic bends? I won't claim that as one of my reasons, because I really don't know, it's just a supposition, but I thought I'd mention it anyways.

Besides, there's the principle of the thing. I can't blame them for wanting to make as much profit as possible, but at the same time they really should try to have some kind of pride in their product. The consumers are really getting the short end of the stick. The FS prices have already gone up, and now on top of that, they're going to cheapen the quality as well?! Pffft! I know squishiness doesn't bother some people, so by no means would I judge someone for continuing to buy them... but it won't be me! *nods resolutely*

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2013, 01:09:50 PM »
-shrug-
I got the new FS pinkie today, the one with the umbrella hat and CE eyes, and she's no more or less squishy than my older FS ponies.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline Lunar Dust

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2013, 02:03:43 PM »
-shrug-
I got the new FS pinkie today, the one with the umbrella hat and CE eyes, and she's no more or less squishy than my older FS ponies.

Same with my Princess Twilight Sparkle I got. She is no different than all my other Fashion Style Ponies and not squishy at all. Though part of her tail is cut about an inch from the end.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

will2Bfree

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2013, 02:23:06 PM »
Hmmm... that's interesting. Maybe we can hope the squishy ones were just a bad batch?

I'll wait for more input. Can anyone else compare?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2013, 03:36:41 PM »
Thanks will2Bfree - thats interesting! For me it really doesnt matter but I was curious as to other people's stances on it and why they were putting people off the set. :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline GustyFox

• Trade Count: (+102)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A Planewalker fox in human disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2013, 03:49:14 PM »
Can anyone tell me more about Cadence's accessories?
I can't exactly identify what are they from those pictures. Does she have 4 different shoes, is that it?

Lovely GustyFox adoptable by MoonFlower. Thank you.

Offline CuddlyParrot

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Cuddlyparrot's Nestbox
« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2013, 04:20:20 PM »
I bought the new pinkie with the umbrella and hats and she is super squishy compared to my old FS Pinkie Pie. That doesn't bother me though because I figure out my son who is 2.5 years old has an easier time dressing her with the softer plastic. He always struggled getting accessories on the harder plastic FS ones. So while I prefer the harder ones the softer ones are more kid friendly in my opinion.

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2013, 06:56:24 PM »
I can't exactly identify what are they from those pictures. Does she have 4 different shoes, is that it?

I just picked them up at my local target today. :D

Cadence appears to have 2 sets of shoes (one sandals,one boots) and 4 jewels to decorate as well as a dress/cape and crown.
~Foxtale~

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2013, 06:47:49 AM »

She comes with 1 set of boots, one set of slipper shoes [4 jewels which can be placed on the slipper shoes] and a comb.

Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2013, 11:38:35 AM »
Hmmm... that's interesting. Maybe we can hope the squishy ones were just a bad batch?

I'll wait for more input. Can anyone else compare?
  I have both and the new one's plastic is not as hard as the other one, I just tried to get my fingers into the old FS PP and she is harder , the new one was not as hard when i first opened her, she is getting harder.....   but she is not as hard yet as the old one yet.maybe it takes time for them to get there, not sure :)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2013, 11:46:18 AM »
I will most likely be getting the Princess Twi, but it bothers me a bit that her wings are a darker color than her body :lol:
My Wish List

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2013, 02:02:21 PM »
I have the Black Tie one and when I got her she was soft. But after I cleaned her up she felt normal just like the others :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal