collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What's Your Favorite Thing from Each Generation?  (Read 3021 times)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
Re: What's Your Favorite Thing from Each Generation?
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2013, 03:28:54 PM »

G1:  I liked the sense of community and friendship but it wasn't overly done.  I loved the colors and variety in ponies.  I loved the TV series, it was so much fun looking forward to each episode every week.  There was also a pony for every character on TV.  There was also that sense of danger when villains were around and it always had a happy ending.  I thought the babies were cute.

G2:  I didn't collect them but my friend CuteyStorm gave me a couple from his collection.  I am not really fond of the skinny pony style.

G3:  I liked how it was like G1 times again with the variety.  I just wish there could have been a TV series instead of movie only releases.  I was not entirely fond of the movies being meant for younger kids.  I realize that was what the ponies were aimed at but just the dialogue and everything was obvious that it wasn't meant for everyone to watch.  Also, there wasn't a pony for every character on TV.  Especially in Runaway Rainbow you could see quite a lot of unicorns that never made it to be actual pony figures.  I pretty much enjoyed G3's up until the core 7.

G3.5:  Not fond of this generation at all, happy to see it go.

G4:  I don't really buy ponies from this generation.  I have a few that I like the colors for and for their character but I have way more G1's and G3's.  I watch the TV series but I pretty much watch it for something to do.  There aren't many villains, no ponies saving the day unless there is one specific episode that requires it.  It's mostly about friendship as you know, and lessons the ponies learn that day.  I don't like how they changed Rainbow Dash from an earth pony, fashion diva to a pegasus tomboy.  Rainbow Dash was one of my favorite G3's because she was blue which is my favorite color and the rainbow hair.  I know Rainbow Dash in G4 form is still like that but I don't like her in G4 form.  I also don't much for Fluttershy.  Her sensitivity and shyness gets annoying after a while.  Pretty much the only characters I like are:  Princess Luna, Rarity, and Zecora.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2013, 03:43:45 PM »

G1: I love the ponies- their eyes are so soulful, and they were my friends growing up. I loved the movies- I don't remember the show at all - unless it was the pony tales? I liked those...

G2:  I think the G2 merchandise is just amazing- I have seen some really beautiful stuff that has made me pause. 

G3:  I loved the shape and style of the G3s when they came out- so much like the classic MLP and yet so cute too! I thought they were a complete win- and for a while there, every few months it seemed like they were coming up with better and better designs!

G3.5: I think the ponyville houses and sets are ridiculously cute.

G4: They were odd looking at first- but have grown on me quite a bit! The cartoons are cute and there aren't so many different ponies that I couldn't just go and get them all if I wanted. 

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2013, 04:08:15 PM »

G1: The play sets most of all , there was so much work and thought but into them ,and just finding some of the non US ones was a thrill. I do have the complete kitchen one now need the school one.

G2: The colors of them just thrill me and I love the way they seem to smile.

G3: The names and some of the color combos are just beautiful , and I adore the variety of poses as well , some of the play sets are super cute too.

G3.5: cute chubby ponies , I love them and they remind me of the chibi art style.

G4: I really love some of the odd pones for this one

Eaglefeather

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2013, 04:49:32 PM »
G1: I love the creativity and variety. Each pony seems to have its own unique personality.

G2: The colors are really neat! I think this generation has the best names and symbols as well.

G3: This is the generation I played with when I was little, so the G3s hold a lot of sentimental value to me. The poses, names, and symbols are all adorable. I really like the G3 eyes.

G3.5: Like others, this is my least favorite generation, but I have always liked the Ponyville sets.

G4: Great art, adorable characters, and I love the TV show!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2013, 07:16:34 PM »
G1: everything!
G2: all those accessories
G3: SLH ponies!
G4: ummm.....

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2013, 03:17:13 AM »
G1:

I love the animation style alot and also the wings and horns. I like the symbols and stories in the magazines, good vs. evil and then there are little stories about simple things in life. Love the colors too and the twinkle eyes. :lovey:

G2:

I love love the jewels they have in theyre eyes and all the awsome colors. Symbols are quite cool too and the acceccories.  :lovey:

These two generations are my fave and the only ones i collect.   ^.^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you :heart:

Offline AnnaPommes

• glow-in-the-dark pony
  • Trade Count: (+62)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pommes cute things
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2013, 04:10:01 AM »
hmm, what comes to mind is that i think g3 have the best mold.  (don´t throw fakies at me! <o< )
thier facial expression and how precise thier mouth, nose and eyes are molded is great! also, the variation in designs and themes is the best in g3 in my opinion, but i just might not know enought about the others. XD

g2: they are adorable cuteness! when they came out the japanese style of cute came over to western countries for the first time, the "first manga wave" how you could call it. and if you see which animes/mangas got published in america and europe you see similarities to the g2 in designstyle. ;)

g1:
probably the most pony like. and for me the ones which help etablish toy design in variations. also, from today, one thing that got toys into popculture , where i switch to:

g4:
it´s okay to like a cartoon. as adult. whatever gender. cartoons are part of culture and pop culture, and culture is something you shouldn´t be ashamed of to admit that you like it. (as long as you stay in ethical borders, you know what i mean.)
the change to more acceptance is great, but the downside are people who claim that they can justify everything in thier fandom, because its thier fandom.
and the series (and others) made also more popular that toy design is proper product design and not something to look down at.
the thought " oh, its for kids, you don´t have to care about the detail so much" isn´t the main slogan anymore, yeha!!
~ Visit the Pommes-shop ~
www.etsy.com/shop/AnnagretStudio With usefull artprints, cute decor, stationery and crafting kits!
Or linktree with more fancy things!
wonderfull avatar by the lovely Shaiyeh!

Offline Jennifer2004

• Hooked on Ponies
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Looking for Bowtie variants, nirvanas, & merch!
    • View Profile
    • Jennifer Bischoff
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2013, 02:30:49 PM »
G1: Can I say everything?  :P I love the variety of the toy line, the sense of adventure in the show, and the memories from my childhood.

G2: The exclusivity, the fact that they had such a limited run, makes them all the more special.

G3: This gen (the toy line, not the show) seems like its the most similar to G1. The ponies were cute & there was a great variety.

G3.5: The coloring books; I think the artwork from this gen is adorable.

G4: The cartoon. MLP has become incredibly popular because of it. It seems like it has made the world fall in love with MLP all over again, in a way that we haven't seen since G1.

~Jennifer
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

eCrater Store - Commissions Info - Facebook Page

Offline Lyra

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2013, 02:41:55 PM »
G1:  The huge variety, and they are the most beautiful.

G2:  the colour schemes! some were very unusual , like silver glow being a very subtle pale almost-white green. Clever Clovers blended hair. Oh the subtleties of colour

G3: The return to looking more like G1 in shape was a relief , I remember the immense relief I felt. It felt like things were...'right' again. G2 is nice to look back on but i was glad to see it go at the time.

G3.5:  I liked that advent calender with the mini's...and theier teeny weenie shoes and accessories. that's about it.

G4:  I like the concentration on personality and storyline in the cartoons
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 02:44:28 PM by Lyra »
Lyra Silvertongue - not Heartstrings!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal