collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What's Your Favorite Thing from Each Generation?  (Read 3023 times)

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What's Your Favorite Thing from Each Generation?
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2013, 01:36:42 PM »
G1:  So many variants!  Also, their gentle appearances.
G2:  They're so slender and graceful.  And there were loads of great color combos.
G3:  Variety and happiness.  They really were lovely...
G3.5:  I prefer the artwork to the toys.
G4:  Cute and sleek.

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2013, 02:06:49 PM »
G1 - Gonna agree with everyone else! Variety! I just adore the variety! Different sizes (Regular, teeny tiny, babies), shapes (Flutter, SHS), types (TE, SS, BBE), etc. It's got a little something for everyone! The show is great too! I love the cheeseyness of the 80's! :heart:

G2 - I love that they're different looking! I love the slender bodies and the color schemes are so gorgeous! Definitely one of my favorite gens! It's tied with G1 for sure! :heart:

G3 - Don't really care for them so I have nothing to say.

G3.5 - Don't have anything to say about them as well.

G4 - I like the show and I love the variant playful ponies because they have some great color schemes!
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2013, 02:05:33 PM »
What an awesome thread idea :)

G1 - like everyone has said the sheer variety in type, colour, style, everything!

G2 - they have the most awesome accessories

G3 - some of the prettiest colour combinations

G3.5 - their weirdness :P

G4 - their size...cute teeny tiny ponies!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

spookysage

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2013, 02:39:32 PM »
G1: The variety of sets is wonderful (Big Brothers! Perfume Puffs! Glow n Show!), but So Softs are closest to my heart.

G2: I love their slender, delicate look. And molded hooves for everypony!

G3: So many ponies, and their symbols are so detailed and colorful. I also like the little swirl at the base of their wings.

G3.5: Mom ponies are always a cute idea.

G4: The show is really fun with charming character designs. I also enjoy the swirly aesthetic of their accessories - guess I just like swirls!

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2013, 02:57:40 PM »
G1-Everything! The poses, characters, colours and everything.
I think one of my very favorite things about them was their unique birdlike wings and those awesome G1 eyes!

G2-Regal unicorns

G3-More G1like in proportions, lots of bright tropical ponies and project/art/con ponies!

G3.5-Saved my wallet by allowing me to not buy ponies!

G4-Awesome cartoon story, bright happy expressions
 Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

Offline lalalei2001

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2013, 11:50:54 PM »
I like the variety of villains in G1, too ^^

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2013, 01:43:26 AM »
G1: The massive variety and super detailed artwork. Still the best gen.
G2: Their elegance and the fact that they all got gems in their eyes.
G3: The awesome mane colors, lots of tropical ponies and detailed cutie marks.
G3.5: I always thought the artwork was adorable. I also feel like the toys are pretty well made.
G4: The show is fun and i like that there is some more merchandise aimed at older fans.

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2013, 01:52:17 AM »
G1: Everything!!!
G2: the babies, they are so cute and they come with adorable accessories.
G3: Variety! So many beautiful designs! Some really awesome poses! Exclusives, holiday ponies!
G3.5.: Nothing.
G4: Easy availability. The Hunt. And I love the Fashion Style's hair.

Offline VanillaBean

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.VanillaTwist.deviantart.com
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2013, 03:36:44 AM »
G1: So much creativity & variety, the toys are beautifully made, & the backcard stories are adorable. :3
It's clear they went to a lot of effort in this gen.
& the show takes me right back to childhood when everything seemed so magical.  ^.^

G2: My favourite artwork, beautiful colour schemes & designs. The eye gems are a really nice touch. I also love the Friendship Gardens game, spent hours on it as a kid. xD

G3: Gorgeous boxart, & the little stories about how each pony spends her day are cute. The toys themselves had some really beautiful designs & colours. A lot of intricate symbols too.
Also, that guitar riff on the first commercial is awesome. ;)

G3.5: Um... I actually don't mind Twinkle Wish Adventure. At least there's a bit of conflict between the characters, which is more than I can say for the G3 cartoons. xD

G4: Love the show. I don't care for the toys, but I do think they have the best wing design of all the gens.
Hunting for G2 MLP & Pretty Pony Club magazines! :)

Offline Dludnerad

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • ice cream and llamas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2013, 11:25:42 AM »
G1: original ponies were a toy line aimed at girls that promoted adventure and magic instead of the usual stereotypical gender roles. And they are adorable!

G2: tried to rekindle the magic. I would have bought more of them but only the first eight or nine were sold in australia. The little accessories that came with the princess ponies looked like they would have been fun. And the sailboat with the baby twins looks so sweet.

G3: was everything I always wanted ponies to be. It was like having my old hobby back. And this time, I could afford to buy them; every one! (Almost!)

G3.5: an odd side adventure. Not sure what lead Hasbro in that direction. I do like Cheerilee's pigails though.

G4: Boy unicorns at looong last!

I see it... Can you see it too...? :shocked:

Offline mul-ta

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2013, 11:41:54 PM »
G1: The memories they bring back. To me G1 ponies, especially the later ones, are the embodiment of an era in a way.

G2: The joy of MLP being back again.

G3: Lots of pretty poses. Some of the ponies have really lovely names and themes too - my personal favourite is Baby Keen Bean.

G3.5: Nothing good to say about them, sorry :unsure:

G4: I hardly know this generation at all...

Offline BrightIdea

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2013, 12:13:56 AM »
G1: These ponies had some of the best gimmicks/features and looked great, too, with their soft expressions and lovely hair.

G2: An interesting change in body shape, I like how these ponies focused a lot on the "Royalty" theme.

G3: This gen was able to capture the style of G1 and had some lovely designs, especially art ponies

G3.5: I like Cheerilee's pigtails, and actually kind of like their thick little legs.

G4: The show, the adorableness, the cartoon-y style, and how each pony's eyes are different. Oh yeah, one more thing for G4's: I like how they are always releasing a good mix of pegasus, unicorn, and earth pony toys.

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2013, 02:11:41 AM »
G1 My fave gen, they are just beautiful! The line had so many lovely characters and so much variety. The adventures they had were always full of danger and Pony Land was always under threat.

G2 I must admit, they took a while to grow on me, but they are really dainty and the babies are adorables.

G3 The poses and moulds are really pretty, I also love the huge number of characters.

G3.5 The ponyville ponies are actually pretty cute as is the artwork.

G4 They are really cute and I love the small size.

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2013, 04:09:42 AM »
G1: How 80s they look ! The way they were designed are totally 80s and the cartoons I watched when I was a kid (MLP Tales) were my favorite ! They were also the ponies that I had first :)

G2: I love how sweet they are and how the concept values friendship so much. I also love how different they look.

G3: It's really awesome that they look a lot like their 80s counterparts ! I also adore the shimmer bodies of some ponies :D

G3.5: Honestly, THEY ARE SO CUTE AND DIFFERENT I JUST WANT TO ADOPT THEY ALL ! Although I didn't like they at all when I first saw them, I am in love with them now and how unique they look.

G4: They got me back into the "pony scene" and, as an animator, I really enjoy how they created the cartoons and how, for a change, it's actually a good series for kids nowadays.

Echan

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2013, 04:26:09 AM »
G1: The fact that they were among my favourite childhood toys  :biggrin: The original design is still dearest to me. I also love how ponies where about fantasy and adventure and, as many have pointed out, the variety in poses and designs in toys.

G2: They have really pretty eyes! I almost wish there where ponies with similar eye gems in other gens too.

G3: I think this gen had some of the prettiest toy designs of all gens. So many nice color combinations and cascade symbols and 3d symbols and and...

G3.5: I see what they were trying to do design-wise and I like that the brand was trying to reform itself, however...

G4:...I think G4 was the more successful redesign. The ponies look nothing like the original ones, but I still like them. I find them cute and think they still have a nice MLP feel to them. Also the cartoon is true to G1 fantasy adventure theme and is generally just plain good. Althoug some sects of brony population annoy me, it's still fun to be able to discuss ponies with my male friends now  :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal