collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What's Your Favorite Thing from Each Generation?  (Read 3022 times)

Offline lalalei2001

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
What's Your Favorite Thing from Each Generation?
« on: May 07, 2013, 03:14:13 AM »
I figured we could use a happy thread like this. What are your favorite things from each generation of My Little Pony?

G1: I love the sense of adventure in the cartoons and toys, and the sense of magic and wonder. And, of course, these were the ones that started it all!

G2: I like the creative design and color combinations, and the Friendship Gardens video game! Also, these were the first ponies I ever owned. ^^

G3: The cartoons were so happy it's infectious. Sometimes you need a LOT of sugar to get through a day XD The toys had very unique color combinations and adorable designs!

G3.5: The art design is cute, I spotted some boy ponies in Twinkle Wish Adventure, and the mer-pony toys were adorable!

G4: It got a lot of collectors and fans back into ponies as a whole, and resulted in amazing creative outputs from fans of all generations.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 03:16:27 AM by lalalei2001 »

Offline mopthebunny

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Oooh, who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
    • View Profile
Re: What's Your Favorite Thing from Each Generation?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 04:24:10 AM »
This is a great idea!

G1: I like their little faces -- so cute ^.^

G2: The babies! They (IMO) are the cutest thing in all of ponyland! :biggrin:

G3: Their glittery bodies :) I just love all things that spakle

G3.5: Well, this is pretty hard for me but, I suppose the art was quite sweet

G4: The exaggerated characters in the TV show :) They just make me smile ^.^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Signature by LordBlumiere

Offline juliepinetree

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 05:34:44 AM »
Fun idea! 
G1:  I love that there are so many different ponies and poses!  Espically all the babies!

G2:  The soft colors.  Everything seems very gentle with G2.

G3:  That the ponies came back with style!  I really liked how the eyes are painted with lots of color!

G3.5:  I do like the little bobble heads!  It was very different!

G4:  I love the show and how they took the time to give the ponies some depth!  I also think the toys are cute.  And my wallet is happy about being able to keep up with the very slow releases.  Oh, and the funko ponies!  Can you imagin if they did these for the other gens!

Offline MANIMAL!

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 06:30:47 AM »
G1--Creativity and theme ponies--I loved all the themes--Rainbow ponies, Perfume puff ponies, Sparkle Ponies--G1 was awsome

G2--Unicorns w/ magic wings! LOVE THEM!

G3--I liked the sculpt

G3.5--My favorite thing was when they ended! :D

G4-- Best wings of all the lines!!! Also, Alicorns!!!

Wishing Well

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 06:44:31 AM »
G1: I love the variety! You could get TE, TAF, SHS, baby, seaponies the list goes on! There is a pony that appeals to someone!

G2: They're so graceful and come in so many lovely colours. The Friendship Garden game was so fun!

G3: Brought ponies back into style! Had large ranges of colors.

G3.5: ... Some vectors were cute.

G4: EVERYTHING (outside of the vocal minority of the bad fans)

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 06:51:08 AM »
G1:  This is my favorite generation. I love the innocent, tranquil faces of the ponies, the chubby bodies, and enormous variety of sets and colors. All the nirvanas found around the world make it the most fascinating generation, IMO.

G2: Lots of them have tinsel in their hair, and I'm one of those rare collectors that likes that. They also have cute faces and some great color combinations.

G3: They have the charm of the original G1s and the variety too. A lot of the prettiest ponies came from this generation, IMO.

G3.5: Not crazy about this one. Sadly, I don't have much to say. :(

G4: I think this generation had the best TV show and therefore I have gotten really attached to my actual brushables of the ponies. I like how many of the characters they are making, even in blind bag form. Gotta love the barber pony with the mustache!
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 07:05:30 AM »
G1: the 'magic' they have

G2: some really nice colour combinations

G3: fair exclusives

G3.5: the fact that they stopped making them

G4: Taobao oddities

Sarah xx

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 07:12:27 AM »
G1 - Like others said, I love the VARIETY! So much creativeness in this gen. Also, the softer, pastel colours that a lot of G1s had is nice. The boy ponies were gorgeous, too :) And with all the variants, Nirvanas, etc, it's like.. I think I've seen just about all of the G1s and then I find a new variant, it seems. If that makes sense? ^^; I know what I mean, but it's hard to put it into words.

G2 - Ivy!! XD lol no, seriously, I love the look of G2s, they look very graceful and soft. Some lovely colour-combos in G2. The babies are very sweet, probably my favourite MLP babies. I love their eye-crystals, too ^^

G3 - I love how they're more G1-styled :) And I love the more 'outlandish' symbols, i.e. Waterfire, Pepperberry, Alphabittle.

G3.5 - ..um.. this is hard XD I liked how the Core 7 were different sizes, like Sweetie Belle was the shortest and.. I think it was Toola Roola who was the tallest? I don't own any 3.5s so I'm not certain, heh. But yeah, I always thought that was a cool idea.
(Although I do agree with the general sentiment in this thread - I was glad when G3.5 ended, too! :silly:)

G4 - Honestly, I like how small they are compared to the older generations, since they're easier to store/more can fit on one shelf X'D; And I do like how some ponies.. how to put this... have simpler designs, I guess? Like Twinkleshine, for example. I like the 'glitzier' ponies, but the simpler, more 'traditional' I guess would be the word, have always appealed to me ^^

majikarte

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2013, 07:13:33 AM »
G1: All the different gimmicks, like the So-Softs and Glow 'n' Shows
G2: Those round noses
G3: All the variety, and also the large Pony Project ponies
G3.5: Even if they only had the "Bore Seven" characters, at least that's one more than the Mane Six??
G4: The size

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 07:15:48 AM »
G1: the 'magic' they have

Yes, this! I totally forgot to put this in my last post, but that's prolly the thing I love most about G1, the 'magic' and innocence (sp?) they have :)

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2013, 07:39:27 AM »
What a great thread! For me it's:

G1: The nostalgia that is sparked inside of me. I have vivid childhood memories that include ponies. I will have a love for them, that I don't think any other generation could possibly      touch.

G2: I love the uniqueness of this generation. They do not look like any other generation. I also love that they won me over. I liked all the other generations from their initial releases. I hated G2's when they came out. I'm so glad that that changed. :)

G3: I love the colors and overall look of this generation. G1's are cute, but G3's are beautiful. If that makes sense?

G3.5: I love the...how do I put this......the chibi-ness of this generation. Ok, so it translated better in the artwork, but they are just so cute. Even the "adult" ponies look like munchkins. I just think they are adorable.

G4: People say they look like deer, but I really like that look. There is something that is so cute about them. I was against their small size at first, but now I think it really suits them...which is odd since I think the FS size suits them too.

Offline lalalei2001

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2013, 12:52:09 PM »
I also like in G3.5 how each pony had a different hairstyle! Some of them didn't translate to the toys well, but in the artwork it was easy to see and identify them that way ^^

Offline Eldarwen

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2013, 01:01:25 PM »
G1 - I love how many different ponies there are! I also love how they are kinda.. "fat"  :blush: Not really fat, but when compared to G2 for example.

G2 - Im not really familiar with G2 ponies, even thought I was born 1990. I used to play with G1. But I think their eyes are cute!

G3 - Again, theres variety! Also they look more like G1 than G2.

G3.5 - I dont have anything to say. XD I guess they are cute in their own way!

G4 - I love the show and I love the toys. Especially FS ones, but I guess thats because theyre more G1 size.

G3.5: the fact that they stopped making them

:lmao:
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 01:03:20 PM by Eldarwen »

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2013, 01:10:31 PM »
G1 I'm not a G1 collector but I like the variety this gen has. So many colors, themes, styles, poses, there's so much!

G2 I love the little gems in their eyes ^.^ IMO, this gen has the prettiest ponies. My very first pony was from this gen: a McPony Sundance :)

G3 This gen really got me into ponies when I was little. I think they are the perfect size for kids. I love all of the accessories they have and how bright the colors are.

G3.5 Not too fond of this gen but I kinda like how they look like chibi ponies.

G4 By far my favorite gen :biggrin: I love the show so much that it got me back into ponies, I even started collecting them. I also am a huge fan of the character in the show. The size of this gen is great because I love tiny things XD So the small brushables are right up my alley.
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2013, 01:19:59 PM »
G1: The overall design of the ponies and the variety. They will always be the most beautiful generation to my eyes.

G2: Taking a bold step to a new direction.

G3: All the colors and combinations. The design of the ponies was pretty too.

G3.5: The hairstyles and size differences were a neat idea.

G4: The way they gave ponies more depth and gave them a new life so to speak. The way they look was not something I liked at first, but I have grown to appreciate it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal