collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: A sad confession to my 6 year old today  (Read 4982 times)

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
Re: A sad confession to my 6 year old today
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2015, 10:10:29 PM »
There will be an 5 inch Funrise plush of Big Mac
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I need this in my life immediately. :lovey:

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline doxiechic16

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2015, 05:18:52 AM »
If you're not opposed to supporting the Chinese fakie plush market (I know it bothers some people, some people are okay with it if the "real thing" isn't available) and something a bit larger, there are really cute 12 inch Big Mac plushies available on ebay and elsewhere online.  I bought one for myself that lives in my office; he's been a nice ice breaker for some of the kids I work with. 

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2015, 08:25:54 AM »
If you're not opposed to supporting the Chinese fakie plush market (I know it bothers some people, some people are okay with it if the "real thing" isn't available) and something a bit larger, there are really cute 12 inch Big Mac plushies available on ebay and elsewhere online.  I bought one for myself that lives in my office; he's been a nice ice breaker for some of the kids I work with. 

He looks nicer then Hasbro's plushy
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2015, 10:39:53 AM »
Technically, Hasbro doesn't have a plushie.  Fun rise has a plush.  You can't really blame Hasbro because Funrise makes the cheaper plushes and the other (legitimacy licenesed) plushie makers haven't chosen to make any boys yet.  (Well, Build a bear has a Shining Armor)

In terms of the brushables,  I understand that the stores decide what to buy from Hasbro which influences what Hasbro makes.  But I wonder if Hasbro has even put it out there as something the stores might consider stocking.

This is why I am hoping that this years SDCC exclusive will be a boy.  Sure it would be insanely popular meaning fewer people will have the chance to get it.  But that would be an indicator to Hasbro (and their clients) that boys would do well on the shelf.  That's what happened with :muffin: Pony and last years exclusive.

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2015, 12:15:37 PM »
That is sad. :(  I hope you can get some boys for your boys!  I remember how frustrated I was as a little girl, not having certain (boy) characters in my herd.  Little did I know that toys of some of those male characters were never even made. ._.

As often as people say "molds are expensive, toy companies won't make molds unless they can use them over and over and over again", Hasbro has a strange habit of making molds and only using them once or twice.  Like Shining Armor.  Even if Hasbro can't be bothered to make his mold into an earth pony mold, there are many male unicorns tied to the show they could make.  Fancy Pants, Prince Blueblood, Flim, Flam, Trenderhoof, Twilight's dad, Rarity's dad...(Oh my gosh I want family sets now).  There are even more than that if Hasbro chose to make some of the blindbag unicorn boys into brushables, or just make entirely new unicorn boys.   All of those possibilities without even modifying the brushable boy mold they ALREADY HAVE.

If the toyline and the show are so closely intertwined, Hasbro needs to act like it and stop ignoring all the male characters.  Kids (and adults) want Big Mac!  It's so ridiculous.  It reminds me of when the Avatar: The Last Airbender action figures came out and the company producing them pretended that none of the female characters existed.  That's right, Katara, Toph and Azula were never produced.  Golly, it's not like those characters are integral to the storyline or anything.  Just...what?  It made me not bother with collecting them at all.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 02:00:07 PM by Tropical_Sunset »

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2015, 01:52:58 PM »
They also made several releases of a Big Mac blind bag that ought to be fairly plentiful online. It'll be smaller than the brushables, but I don't see why that would keep them from playing with it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal