collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 107878 times)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #495 on: March 11, 2023, 09:48:47 AM »
Ponyfan :hug: :hug:

my experience with Instacart was pretty bad too. they kept sending the drivers to locations far from my house because their system didn't seem to account for the fact that zipcodes in the burbs are large. when i contacted tech support they didn't care. i only used them a couple of times.

i did finally get a refund for my missing item. i found the live chat so i didn't have to call.

i'm still tired and annoyed. the news has been unsettling lately. it's always something. or lately it seems like a hundred things all at once.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2023, 09:52:54 AM by Beth3346 »
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: March 11, 2023, 02:14:53 PM »
There was a beautiful axe/hatchet pin on Etsy with sakura blossoms I saved in my favs that I wanted to buy ... and it's disappeared  :cry: This must mean the seller has delisted, I'm so sad!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: March 11, 2023, 07:05:17 PM »
Thanks BC and Beth.  :hug:  I'm still a bit emotional today.   A few times I've just wanted to hide away somewhere and cry.

My mom and I got in to it a little this morning because she said something about hooking up the Bluetooth in my dad's car.  I thought it was going to be super windy today, so I said that I might not do it today.  My mom took that to mean that I didn't want to do it at all.  If I'm being completely honest, I didn't want to do it today, I was planning on doing it in a few days.  I didn't realize it was something that had to be done in a timely manner.  I hooked it up today anyway. 

There was a Lego set I really wanted at Target, but before I had a chance to get to the store, it sold out.  I know it will be restocked eventually, but it would have been nice to pick it up today.

When I got my shot at the drs office today, the bandaid they used must have had latex in it as I had a large red spot on my arm around the bandaid. 

Yesterday my mom and I were leaving to go somewhere and I turned the TV off in case my dad wanted to watch something on it.  My mom immediately said that I should leave it on instead.  Today I left the TV on when we left and my dad turned it off while we were gone.  Sometimes I feel like everything I do is wrong.  :cloud:

I really wanted to work on diamond painting today, but when I told my mom that she got annoyed because she wanted me to do something else.  Of course now that I've finished what she wanted there's not time to do what I want. :(  She said she wasn't mad but the last 2 times I've said I didn't want to do something right when she wanted she's acted like she's mad.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 01:41:42 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #498 on: March 13, 2023, 10:36:58 AM »
i think i need to be done with curbside grocery pickup soon. i ordered garam masala and they gave me curry powder instead. garam masala and curry powder are not the same. also i asked for no substitutions.

i hate going to the big grocery store. i prefer the smaller ones but there's nothing like that close to my house. and i still have to go to the bigger store for some things. i also like shopping online because i can take my time and pick stuff out over a few days. i always forget stuff when i go myself.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: March 13, 2023, 08:47:36 PM »
I found a dead roach in my house today. I’m thankful it was dead, but it’s still disturbing. It’s been a few years since I’ve actually seen a roach inside, so I’m worried there’s some new access point I need to track down. :(

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #500 on: March 14, 2023, 05:28:21 AM »
I found a bunch of dead silverfish on my kitchen counter last night. They were all behind my ice machine, so I couldn't see them, but I had splashed coffee on the ice machine and pulled it out to wipe it down and saw 5 silverfish bodies. Once in a while there will be a live one in the sink, which I find odd. I had a lot of problems with silverfish at my parents house. They were eating my books!

I'm not sure where these came from, the cabinets maybe? I don't use those cabinets often, it's more for storage than anything. It's weird they were all in the same place. I actually don't mind them themselves, I think they're fascinating creatures, but I don't want them in my house.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #501 on: March 15, 2023, 08:34:56 AM »
I don't understand how a ride I could get right now would cost 12 dollars but tomorrow, a Thursday, at the same time would be 38? Uber prices don't make sense to me.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #502 on: March 15, 2023, 11:43:37 AM »
My sister has COVID. Again. So she won't be here for Mother's Day. She was due to come today but...nope.

I also found an important email that had been sent to my trash folder unexpectedly. It's too late to do anything with it except apologise to the organisation for the inconvenience. It's not the first time this has happened, either. Too often my spam filter munches valid emails but still sends me stupid fake amazon scam emails.

Frustrating. Yes.

Dead bugs. *shudder* don't.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #503 on: March 15, 2023, 03:53:58 PM »
My sister has COVID. Again. So she won't be here for Mother's Day. She was due to come today but...nope.

I'm so sorry that your sister has Covid and won't be able to come for Mother's Day.  :hug:

I found a live bug on my arm last night while I was sitting in my bed.  I'm hoping that he just caught a ride from outside while I was working with/moving plants and that there aren't more of them lurking around inside.

I'm so frustrated with my parents right now.  :wail: I still  feel like I can't do anything right and everything I do or try to do turns out wrong. 

I had been working with my phone for a couple of days trying to download the latest software update.  The phone kept saying there wasn't enough space left on the phone for the update so I've been trying everything I could reasonably think of to try to clear up space. Today I finally figured out that I had a lot of files downloaded in one of my apps and if I deleted a bunch of those I might have enough space.  That worked and I finally was able to download and install the update.

When the guy from the cable company came to fix the Internet, my mom put a lot of stuff that was on my desk in a box so the guy could access the modem.  The box stayed in one place for a while until my dad decided to move it to a blank space behind my desk.  When I first found out the box had been moved there I said something to my mom and said that wasn't where the box belonged.  Today when I told her that the space where the box is now was the space where I kept my phone when I needed to have it in the office for some reason (which isn't often) my mom acted surprised about it. She keeps telling me that she can't do anything about it, because she doesn't want to confront my dad about stuff and for him to get mad. I can understand that, but I always feel like my feelings are pushed to the side most of the time and I'm either told I'm making too big a deal out of things or I "just have to deal with it." when it's something that really bothers me.

My mom needs to call the cable company again about the Internet.  She called the guy that came out the first time to fix and said he acted like he was annoyed she had called him directly.  Despite that he told her to call him on the next Monday and remind him, but she never did.   We're still having trouble with our Internet.  It's gone out several times today.  My dad says it's a "yoyo."

I turned the TV off yesterday because my mom and I were about to leave the house and my dad wanted to know if the cable was out.  I told him no and turned the TV back on.  He went right to the remote and turned it back off. : :argh: :argh: :argh:

Also a more minor complaint.  I saw a sign at Target yesterday that mentioned something about earning points for buying Legos at Target.  I didn't want to scan the QR code in the store so after I got home I started trying to find out more information. It turns out that it's a very limited offer between Lego and Target and the hoops you have to jump through to get points are so complicated it's not worth the effort. 

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 04:01:47 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #504 on: March 16, 2023, 07:28:04 AM »
I'm sorry, Ponyfan. I wish there was a way you could take a break from your parents :(

Sorry about your sister, Taffeta

I just fell. I was getting the groceries and tripped over my doormat. I fell into the boxes of Dr. Pepper and Polar Seltzer that I didn't put away last night, like I should have. I jammed my wrist, which I seem to do every time I fall, and the side of my leg is going to be bruised. I think I squished some of the cans too but none broke open, so there's that at least.

Another complaint is my throat is scratchy. I was coughing a lot yesterday and last night. Pretty sure it's allergies. There's a cold front so I opened the windows. Aster has been sniffling and sneezing too.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #505 on: March 16, 2023, 07:27:20 PM »
I'm sorry you fell, BC.  :hug:

My mom finally went to the cable company today and complained about the Internet going in and out all of the time.  The cable company said our Internet was too slow.  I have to wonder if it really was or if the person they talked to just said that because the first guy the cable company sent out didn't say anything about the speed being a problem, only that there was a problem with part of the cable outside.  My parents changed our Internet to a faster speed and the lady they talked to said all we had to do was unplug the modem box and plug it back in and then we'd have the upgraded Internet speed.  I did that, but now 3 of our cable boxes are only getting local channels and not the cable package we pay for. :( I'm so tired of Internet that doesn't work properly and not feeling like I can do a lot of streaming because I never know how long the Internet is going to stay up or how long it will be out.

Ponyfan

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #506 on: March 17, 2023, 03:25:57 AM »
This have been piling up. Sorry in advance.

The schedule at work is draining me. I begin each shift at either 4 or 5 am usually. I'm off before 10 am so the shifts are short, but getting up that early in the morning is horrible. I got to sleep in yesterday as the shift started 7:17 am, but instead I wasn't off until 6:40 pm so I got a super long day instead. Equally draining. I am substituting, the person who is on this schedule usually is a hero! I'm one month in and is counting the days until she's back (in another two months). Like, you people who work these times months on end, years on end.. wow! I am impressed!

My husbands best friends wife is an a******e. The things she puts her husband through is insane.. yesterday was another s******w. He was at our place when she called. My husband could hear her yelling. He told me later he wished he had recorded it so I could 've hear it myself as it was awful. Me and friend work at the same place. There was an emergency text coming to our work phones to cover a shift with short notice. When I came home I realised it was friends shift. He had to call out to deal with his wife. I truly hope he gets his acts together, realise he can get so much better and divorce her.

I have frail nails because of years of biting. They look nice now but break for nothing. Both my pointing fingers nails got a chip deep down and nothing I did could save them. Both look like I've been biting them really hard. They look awful :(.

Saw an episode of Criminal Minds yesterday before bed that really got my gears up. Dead tired, couldn't fall asleep because I was thinking of that awful character. Woke up too early beacuse of it. Had to watch the next episode to see it resolve. Couldn't finnish the episode. Googled the character to get a hint of how and when she would dissapear. Got the facts, it was the current episode I was watching! Continued watching, it ended. I was happy. Calmed down. Gonna get some good powernap as soon as the washing is done.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #507 on: March 17, 2023, 08:12:37 AM »
I love candles and have a slight addiction. I had signed up with Yankee Candle a while ago and they send me alerts for sales and whatever. They had a bunch on clearance including these candles for $2 a piece.

I am very bad at sizing and weight and distance and all that. So, I knew these candles were small, but I didn't know they were basically tea lights...

You know how much these are regular price? 5 bucks! Yankee Candle has always been more expensive but c'mon. I'm glad I got them on sale, the scents are really very nice. But when I got the small box I thought, they all can't be in there. But yes, they were. They are tiny. It's my fault for not realizing the size but I still feel kind of ripped off. For the total I paid I could have gotten one big candle. But I guess this is a good way to try out scents. Only two that I ordered are kind of on the fence. They might smell better burning.

Oh, also one is cracked. They had stuffed the box with packing paper but all the candles were just loose in the box. I'm surprised only one has damage.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #508 on: March 17, 2023, 07:22:36 PM »
I love candles too. I think I have space for one more, but I'm trying to wait until I use some of the ones I have up.

I'm so tired.  My dad checked my blood pressure a couple of hours ago and it was a little lower than usual.

The guy from the cable company fixed our cables boxes so all of them are getting the right channels now.  He also said that our modem box can't handle the upgraded Internet and until we get a new one, we'll have problems with the Internet going in and out. I'll be glad when we get everything fixed. The guy said he would have given us a new modem box today, but that we would have no Internet access for a few days if he hooked it up today.

I tried several times to find a playlist on Spotify that was a companion to a fanfiction I was reading.  Despite using everything I could think of as search terms and trying the exact title for the playlist listed on the fanfiction story I couldn't find it.  I finally started going to Youtube and looking up the songs one by one. I saved the videos to a new favorites list so I can listen to the them later.

I still feel weird, so something is wrong.  I'm not sure if it's my blood pressure or blood sugar.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 06:22:40 AM by Ponyfan »

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #509 on: March 18, 2023, 07:15:04 AM »
Try eating some cheese or a Snickers bar if you've got it. If it's your blood sugar those will help.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal