collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 93792 times)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #90 on: September 27, 2022, 04:33:16 AM »
Here too Taff, plus the inevitable wind you get for living on the coast...
Didn't want to walk all the way to the cashpoint so got a £10 from the Post Office, then got to coffee, bought my fave treats, & was told there the Post Office (our ONLY post office, & the next nearest is * miles away) is closing at the end of October!!!  :sad:
Like, I'm not the only one who needs it for posting parcels in winter for Christmas Presents... NOT HAPPY!!!

Apparently though, the local community is getting a generator for in case there's a power cut. I hope so; I'd love some boiled water for hot drinks & my water bottle...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 27, 2022, 09:38:23 AM »
The co-worker we tolerate was wearing strong cologne again.  But just as I was about to send a complaint email, he walked by me again and this time smelled of mild soap.  So he knew he stank and he washed it off so he wouldn't get in trouble.  But I still have a headache from it and now can't complain because there is no proof that he smelled bad this morning. 

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #92 on: September 27, 2022, 10:01:03 AM »
Here too Taff, plus the inevitable wind you get for living on the coast...
Didn't want to walk all the way to the cashpoint so got a £10 from the Post Office, then got to coffee, bought my fave treats, & was told there the Post Office (our ONLY post office, & the next nearest is * miles away) is closing at the end of October!!!  :sad:
Like, I'm not the only one who needs it for posting parcels in winter for Christmas Presents... NOT HAPPY!!!

Apparently though, the local community is getting a generator for in case there's a power cut. I hope so; I'd love some boiled water for hot drinks & my water bottle...

Ugh, I thought they'd got over their obsession for closing post offices that people need in rural locations.

We got lucky during COVID, ironically, in that they decided to open up a branch of the PO in our local shop. But there's about one person there who knows how to send parcels, so the last time I visited - which was to send your pony, actually - it took three staff members to actually manage to complete the transaction.

Most of the POs around here are now inside other stores. Mostly WHSmiths.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #93 on: September 27, 2022, 05:52:35 PM »
i'm tired and i have a headache. i should do more work on my never ending side project. i thought it would be over months ago but the client managed to scam some more work with way too little pay. basically they refused to pay for the work i already did unless i agreed to even more work. i'm about ready to just cut my losses and turn over what i have at this point. also he refuses to test so i have to do that too. luckily i can automate that but i still have to code the tests. i think this is the last side project i'm going to take on for a long while.

also the political fundraising texts are out of control. there's one every hour.

PBW i'm intrigued by this community generator. is it like a warming, charging station, community kitchen. or is it powering homes?
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 28, 2022, 10:40:36 AM »
I don't know what they intend to use it for tbh. I just know they want one. I hope they use it in a community building with a kitchen, so people can come & stay warm & get hot water & stuff
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 28, 2022, 01:46:29 PM »
So Hermes/Evri are usually pretty decent in my area, but...not today.
I had a notification of a delivery to come this evening. It hasn't come, but I've been told it's been delivered.
It's an ebay package and so if it disappears I'm kind of screwed - the seller can demonstrate 'delivery' even though it hasn't been.

I've raised an enquiry with Evri about it, but it seems the driver was new to the area *sigh*.

Where we live is a bit complicated, our road is split between two areas, and people often don't find our house or think it's part of a different road. The GPS provided suggests it was delivered down our road - the driver *was* here - but the photo he uploaded doesn't look like anywhere we recognise (so may not be the correct image).

We went and spoke to the people living at the houses the GPS suggested but they hadn't seen it. They were lovely and looked all around their bins and porch but no luck.

So the parcel is somewhere in the mists of wherever right now. It might be somewhere in our road, at another house - in which case it will hopefully migrate its way here tomorrow by way of a kind neighbour. It could be still in the van and the guy wanted to clock off so claimed he'd delivered it when in fact he didn't...hence the wrong photo. Lots of possibilities.

(I actually don't think he didn't deliver it, because of the map van GPS. I just think he dropped it at the wrong place).

But no real firm clues as to where is my parcel.

Sigh.

All I know is that it definitely was not delivered here.

ETA: I did some detective work on google maps and I *think* I know where it might have been delivered. If so, it's a neighbour we know, and when it's morning and less creepy (and hopefully not raining) we might go see if they have it. Hopefully. :/

No wonder the UK is in economic meltdown if delivery drivers can't tell the difference between one number and another when delivering parcels. :/
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 03:05:20 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 28, 2022, 07:18:44 PM »
Taffeta, I hope you find your package.  I always worry about packages or important mail getting misdelivered especially on the weekends as we've had things misdelivered then that other people have been nice enough to bring over to us.

I feel terrible.  I think the steroids I had to take made my face swell a bit because it feels really puffy. :( I haven't eaten anything I'm allergic to.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 29, 2022, 12:35:30 AM »
Fortunately, it was in the location I thought it was - two houses down from us in number, but geographically the way our street is laid out, in a completely different part of the road.

It rained heavily last night but thankfully this neighbour has a very substantial porch. Honestly, aside giving it to the wrong house, the delivery driver put it in a very safe space.

In any case, it's safely found.

But we are now probably the weird people who go porch-hunting after dark.

Feel better soon, Ponyfan.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 29, 2022, 08:36:10 PM »
I also got a fun delivery, like, somebody knocked, I rushed out, heard the van go off, then by pure chance looked at my bins. Behind one was the package they dropped off!!! PHEW!!! I think the courier was DPD though. Evri & Royal Mail are normally good with the old knock & ring & wait for me to open the door thing (I must have a good Evri driver)

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 30, 2022, 05:11:48 AM »
The thing is, we do have an excellent Evri driver, who knows where our house is and who has delivered multiple things here without problem. But this was a new driver, which makes me worry that our old driver has left the route :'(. The new driver, if he's going to be here regularly, will learn the layout - it's confusing even on Google Maps, who give our house as being on a completely different road. The delivery itself was responsible and safe - just not at the right address. We also have this issue with food delivery drivers on their first day. They always go the wrong way and end up getting lost. So it's a pretty normal state of affairs in our street.

We even now have a sign on the door that says the number of our house and the street it belongs to, but not everyone sees that. I want them to change the sign at the end of the road to signpost that some houses are in one direction and some in the other - but we moved here in 1988, and nobody's ever done it.

Wow, I guess that became my trivial complaint for the day.

It was a weird day for deliveries all round, though. I had an amazon delivery where there was a knock at the door. I went and answered it and the parcel was on the porch, but no driver. The van was parked on the road, but no driver there, either. But by the time I went into the sitting room, the van had gone. I never saw a person at all. We were joking about a ghost driver - and then we had the nonexistant delivery incident.

Still! Both parcels safe and sound so I guess it's all right. Excepting our local reputation ;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 30, 2022, 07:45:58 AM »
We keep a cooler full of treats--granola bars, chips, soda, Gatorade, water, etc.-- with a note on it saying "thank you for the deliveries and help yourself to a snack."  That seems to help get our packages delivered nicely, especially when it is a driver that's been to our house before.  Unfortunately, the neighbor kids noticed the box and regularly ask if they can have something out of it.  My mom will occasionally say yes when it looks like some things have been in there for a bit but it does get a little annoying.  If your parents wanted you to have a bottle of Mountain Dew, they would give it to you, little six-year-old...

At least they seem to ask before just taking things, though.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 30, 2022, 03:35:53 PM »
I'm glad you got your packages, Taffeta. :)

My face still feels puffy. :(   It's a weird sensation and also makes my throat seem a little tighter than it should.  Yesterday I felt like I was going to pass out (I didn't)  I hope once all of the steriods get out of my system, the swelling will too.   

Last night my mom said we were having something for our evening meal that I usually like.   She didn't make the way always does so it tasted off to me.  I kept trying to figure out what was different about it and realized she didn't put any seasoning on the meat at all.  When I asked her why she first said something about not thinking about it beforehand and later that she doesn't know how to season meat after it's already been cooked.  She wasn't feeling well yesterday but I couldn't seem to make her understand that the meal she made wasn't very good. :(

I asked my mom if she got string cheese while we at the store.  She said no and told me I had time to go back and get it.  When I went back I saw a worker doing site to store orders so I decided to go back to the checkout stands.  My dad made a huge deal about me not getting the string cheese even though I said that it was okay and we would get it next time.  He actually dropped my mom and I off at another store so we could get it.

I wanted some Reese's peanut butter cups and my mom helped me find some.  My dad had put them in a container that he previously put mint chocolate in before.  Instead of tasting like peanut butter, the Reese's tasted like mint. :(

Ponyfan

« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 06:57:18 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 01, 2022, 04:20:29 AM »
This time Evri put a package behind my bin, but since they take a piccie I could see the bin & the wall. Weird how I heard nothing...

Now I'm only due one package I have ordered, but there are strikes atm so that will be delayed. I see more are coming towards the end of October, so I'll have to stick to local stuff (have to anyway from now on as everything else is now too expensive)...

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 02, 2022, 12:53:03 PM »
I try not to be "that guy" and whine about these kids and their new-fangled modern slang but my god, if I have to see one more person say "fit" instead of "outfit"...!

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #104 on: October 02, 2022, 02:22:36 PM »
seriously "fit" even worse than "schedg" sp? kids today :P

i'm just tired today. trying to get everything done to get ready for the week but i don't have much energy.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal