collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: A few custom questions  (Read 1099 times)

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
A few custom questions
« on: November 21, 2015, 01:47:19 PM »
I am involved in several holiday swaps this season and I am sending two packages internationally.  When sending to another country: 1.  Do I need to specify every gift included on the customs form? 2.  Are packing peanuts an acceptable form of padding?  Thank you!
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
Re: A few custom questions
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 01:59:38 PM »
1. Technically yes. They say you should be as specific as possible on the customs form. But theres usually like four lines...so that can make it difficult. For example on my sock swap, I put "socks", "candy", and "stickers" on the customs form even though there are other things there. I've never had an issue with customs. I think they just want a general idea of what you're sending.

2. As far as I'm aware, yes, packing peanuts are okay. I always use bubble wrap or tissue paper.

Offline BethyVic

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 07:27:02 PM »
Thank you mkia9!  I was just a little nervous because I want to make sure my partners get their packages quickly and safely. 
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 07:28:54 PM »
Thank you mkia9!  I was just a little nervous because I want to make sure my partners get their packages quickly and safely.

I understand! International shipping can be a real pain! Especially when it can cost ridiculous amounts!

My sock swap package cost more to ship than the budget for the swap!

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 07:55:22 PM »

Mine too. The shipping cost more than the contents are worth (price-wise).

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2015, 07:56:53 PM »

Mine too. The shipping cost more than the contents are worth (price-wise).

Well I overspent on that swap lol. So my shipping cost about the same as the box, but still! International shipping  -_-

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 04:14:01 AM »
The simple answers to your questions are yes and yes  :) you got some good advice from Mkia on how to fill in the customs form if there isn't enough room for everything on there too   (thanks hun :hug: )
Its such a shame its so expensive to ship swap boxes internationally now though isn't it? :yikes:  still..its fun to do swaps. If you cant afford international shipping at any time but you can afford the swap ,  you can always request if you can have a partner in the same country ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline BethyVic

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2015, 08:07:28 AM »
I asked to have an international partner, because I wanted to send an receive things that I am not used to.  I shipped my non-international package yesterday and got the custom forms for my international ones.   When I asked about tracking and delivery confirmation for my international packages, they said those don't exist for overseas packages.  Is that really true?  I wasn't sure if the person I talked to was correct or if they were just confused. 
[email protected]

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2015, 10:45:45 PM »
I asked to have an international partner, because I wanted to send an receive things that I am not used to.  I shipped my non-international package yesterday and got the custom forms for my international ones.   When I asked about tracking and delivery confirmation for my international packages, they said those don't exist for overseas packages.  Is that really true?  I wasn't sure if the person I talked to was correct or if they were just confused. 

If you send by the cheapest method, there's no insurance or tracking.  I think there is insurance if you use Priority International.  (Not sure if that includes tracking.)

But Priority International is really expensive.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2015, 01:06:19 PM »
Some countries claim that you can get international tracking, but it really depends on the country you're shipping to, and whether or not they track the packages. Australia errs on the side of caution and says no, but has a special rate to certain countries that definitely track, but it's waaay expensive. We only get one line on our customs forms, so swap boxes are super fun to fill out forms for haha! I usually just tell my post office lady what's in the box, and she'll tell me the most relevant thing to put on there, like for a swap box we'll put toys/lollies or something like that, even though there's stationery, souvenirs, bath products, clothing, and other stuff possibly in the box!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline cassstorm

• Cheeky Monkey Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+442)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2015, 03:15:48 PM »

If u print your own postage you can get free international tracking, some post offices still do not offer it :-(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal